If I order a companion to wait & I go far, do they leave on their own?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. If I order a companion to wait & I go far, do they leave on their own?

User Info: HentaiMan

HentaiMan
6 months ago#1
If I order my hot dog or companion to wait, but travel far away and forget, after a while do they auto reset and teleport to me, or return to their assigned base?
https://youtu.be/Xl552rK8Sjo https://youtu.be/sUIcCyPOA30
<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)> https://imgur.com/Mr374Y0 https://imgur.com/COylKWt

User Info: Mariofan15

Mariofan15
6 months ago#2
Neither.They stay waiting in whatever spot you left them.
3DS FC:3394-3658-2611
Pokemon White 2 National Dex Completed:9/26/2013

User Info: KJBDEFENDER

KJBDEFENDER
5 months ago#3
If you forget where you left them, get a new companion and you get the choices of which settlement you want the previous companion to go to.
FO3&NV, "War, war never changes."
FO4, "Side Quests, Side Quests never changes."

User Info: vanille987

vanille987
5 months ago#4
Nope, can confirm multiple times lol.

User Info: 1ofaDragon

1ofaDragon
5 months ago#5
They go tear you away by staying
Lord of Arcana post-game maniac

User Info: MrDrSirLord1337

MrDrSirLord1337
5 months ago#6
This isn't New Vegas, if you tell a companion to wait they will do so untill the end of time.

So if you forget where they are and can't find them again the only way to find them is to either recruit a new companion and you'll get the prompt to send your old companion to a settlement, or use the Vault Tec dlc settlement management terminal to place a quest marker on them (overseers most wanted) and follow it back too them.
I know humor is easy to misunderstand on the internet so try not to take anything rude I say the wrong way, I don't want to offend.
Also MultiPlatformMasterRace

User Info: KJBDEFENDER

KJBDEFENDER
5 months ago#7
MrDrSirLord1337 posted...
This isn't New Vegas, if you tell a companion to wait they will do so untill the end of time.

So if you forget where they are and can't find them again the only way to find them is to either recruit a new companion and you'll get the prompt to send your old companion to a settlement, or use the Vault Tec dlc settlement management terminal to place a quest marker on them (overseers most wanted) and follow it back too them.

I concede that you explained it better than I did in post #3. Good job.
FO3&NV, "War, war never changes."
FO4, "Side Quests, Side Quests never changes."

User Info: MrDrSirLord1337

MrDrSirLord1337
5 months ago#8
KJBDEFENDER posted...
MrDrSirLord1337 posted...

I concede that you explained it better than I did in post #3. Good job.

I had lost dogmeat before any of the dlc had came out yet on a level 70 something and thought I'd never see him again. When vault tec came out I was level 160 something and used the settlement management terminal to mark dogmeat for the overseers most wanted quest and found him stuck in a window washers elevator at trinity tower where you find Strong.

So I know that the overseers most wanted quest thing is a good way to find lost companions if you've got the dlc if the recruit a new companion to dismiss an old companion thing doesn't work, because I tried that and it never worked.

Also I'd suggest if you lose a companion around the same time you find Strong to check the window washers elevators because I've had codsworth and Nick both get stuck their on successive playthroughs since
I know humor is easy to misunderstand on the internet so try not to take anything rude I say the wrong way, I don't want to offend.
Also MultiPlatformMasterRace

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#9
If there is an event that requires their presence it will reset them to that location. Piper and Nick for the main mission, Preston for the minute men ones really if not done of course.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. If I order a companion to wait & I go far, do they leave on their own?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived