Quest Question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Quest Question

User Info: dbvirago

dbvirago
11 months ago#1
I am fairly early in the game. Mostly working side quests and filling the map.

I just killed Kellogg in the reunions quest. I've talked to Paladin, but right now, I'm still Minutemen

Is there a particular quest I shouldn't complete or place I shouldn't go to stop progressing the plot until I'm ready to get on with it?

In other Bethesda games, I get too far too early and then become too committed to the end game. Looking to stretch this out more and keep my options open.

User Info: Mebsuta

Mebsuta
11 months ago#2
Me, personally, I always stop at Reunions, where you are now. If you are new to the game maybe you would want to go all the way to Institutionalized? After that mission you end up getting a very clear picture of the 4 factions.

And you "aren't minutemen" per say. Just like in Skyrim you can be the archmage without using magic and the herald of the companions using stealth, you do not need to actually be loyal to just one faction in this game, at least not until the factions start to war with eachother and they openly ask you to eliminate the other and you have to take sides.

User Info: KJBDEFENDER

KJBDEFENDER
11 months ago#3
dbvirago posted...
I am fairly early in the game. Mostly working side quests and filling the map.

I just killed Kellogg in the reunions quest. I've talked to Paladin, but right now, I'm still Minutemen

Is there a particular quest I shouldn't complete or place I shouldn't go to stop progressing the plot until I'm ready to get on with it?

In other Bethesda games, I get too far too early and then become too committed to the end game. Looking to stretch this out more and keep my options open.

The game warns you if an action or dialogue choice will make another faction hostile. It's always a good idea to quicksave before talking to anyone so you can reload and make a different choice or even walk away to delay your choice.

Have you done any Railroad quests? They have some sweet rewards. You can join more than one faction simultaneously without piss in anyone off...until you reach the point of no return...and the game warns you.
FO3&NV, "War, war never changes."
FO4, "Side Quests, Side Quests never changes."

dbvirago
11 months ago#4
Good to know. I may go back and join the BoS. Haven't done any Railroad quests or encountered that faction that I know of.

I'll hold on finishing Reunions for a while.

Thanks

dbvirago
11 months ago#5
So, how important is keeping all the communities happy? Maybe I've been screwing around too long, but I can't get anywhere without an announcement of this community is under attack or that community is unhappy and may leave the minutemen.

Then I fast travel to the place and land in the middle of a pack of mutants

User Info: Bradleynffc

Bradleynffc
11 months ago#6
They are as important as you want them to be. Me personally, I never fortify anywhere apart from sanctuary. If a settlement comes under attack I ignore it, I don't care for settlements and trying to keep them happy.
PSN: WickesFTID
Currently playing: Fallout 4 & ESO

User Info: itsyourlife

itsyourlife
11 months ago#7
dbvirago posted...
In other Bethesda games, I get too far too early and then become too committed to the end game. Looking to stretch this out more

Then I recommend stopping faction related quests when you enter the Institute for the first time. And make a save. That way, you can play around and continue the story at your leisure, for any faction.

The Quest Mass Fusion is pretty much the harbinger of the endgame
MFF ALLIANCE: NEGA NEBULOUS
NOW RECRUITING

dbvirago
11 months ago#8
Bradleynffc posted...
They are as important as you want them to be. Me personally, I never fortify anywhere apart from sanctuary. If a settlement comes under attack I ignore it, I don't care for settlements and trying to keep them happy.

OK, that's pretty much what I've been doing. I'll jump in a fight if needed, but the whole building thing is more trouble than it's worth, IMO. Thanks

itsyourlife posted...
dbvirago posted...
In other Bethesda games, I get too far too early and then become too committed to the end game. Looking to stretch this out more

Then I recommend stopping faction related quests when you enter the Institute for the first time. And make a save. That way, you can play around and continue the story at your leisure, for any faction.

The Quest Mass Fusion is pretty much the harbinger of the endgame

OK. Thanks. I stumbled across Nick and Piper and accidentally finished Reunions, but I'll hold on that quest line now.

On a side note, I don't seem to be able to finish Lost Patrol. Found everyone and listed to all holotapes. Talked to Danse and Kells until they began repeating themselves. Quest still says talk to Danse.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Quest Question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived