Killed a Brahman. Did I screw up?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Killed a Brahman. Did I screw up?

User Info: dbvirago

dbvirago
1 year ago#1
Fairly early in game. Just got to Diamond City and FT back to Sanctuary. First thing I notice is a two headed cow stuck in the door of my house and my radiation is going up. So I kill the Brahman.

Next thing Codswell is mad at me and Preston is shooting at me.

So I left and went back to DC. Should I load a save, or is this ok?

User Info: biffen800

biffen800
1 year ago#2
After 48 hrs away they are friendly again

User Info: daelonduluc

daelonduluc
1 year ago#3
They'll get over it eventually, but, don't kill Brahman in a settlement. They're a resource. Besides you'll need the bull dookie to make your drugs and make your garden grow.

It probably showed up because you had your beacon on or had more than 5 settlers.

Next time put out a feeding trough and you won't have the problem.

And your radiation going up had nothing to do with the Brahmin. Unless it was a "Glowing Brahman" of course and I don't think there is such a thing.
So... Tell me... PSN: DaelonDuluc2016 | @DaelonDuluc (Twitter) | daelonduluc.imgur.com | Daelon Duluc (YouTube)

dbvirago
1 year ago#4
Yeah, I guess the radiation was one of those storms that blow through.

Won't kill another brahman, but now I have one permanently stuck in my front door.

User Info: itsyourlife

itsyourlife
1 year ago#5
daelonduluc posted...
Next time put out a feeding trough and you won't have the problem

Bull. f***ing. s***. Adding a trough does nothing. Brahmin still spawn in, and on, any and every building in Sanctuary.
MFF ALLIANCE: NEGA NEBULOUS
NOW RECRUITING

User Info: tehnemox

tehnemox
1 year ago#6
itsyourlife posted...
daelonduluc posted...

Bull. f***ing. s***. Adding a trough does nothing. Brahmin still spawn in, and on, any and every building in Sanctuary.

Truth.

Mostly because it seems to only apply to regular brahmin - those may stay close but merchant and caravan brahmin don't seem to care and they still spawn on doorways and roofs all the freaking time. This is worse if you have multiple supply lines originating all from one place. It's better to just chain them and avoid multiple lines from the same place.

TC as for the radiation going up...was there maybe a random radroach biting you or was there a green radiation storm going on at the time?
Now playing: Legend of Dragoon, FFXV, Fallout 4, Civ 5

daelonduluc
1 year ago#7
itsyourlife posted...
daelonduluc posted...

Not your settlement Brahman. The only Brahman that randomly show up in weird places are those of your own Trade Routes and those of the random traders (Carla, etc...) that come to your settlement.

Of course, if you place your trough in the wrong place you might end up with your Brahman's butt in your bedroom, but you learn where to put them.
So... Tell me... PSN: DaelonDuluc2016 | @DaelonDuluc (Twitter) | daelonduluc.imgur.com | Daelon Duluc (YouTube)

daelonduluc
1 year ago#8
daelonduluc posted...
itsyourlife posted...
daelonduluc posted...

Not your settlement Brahman. The only Brahman that randomly show up in weird places are those of your own Trade Routes and those of the random traders (Carla, etc...) that come to your settlement.

Of course, if you place your trough in the wrong place you might end up with your Brahman's butt in your bedroom, but you learn where to put them.

Another thought. Once you have the ability to set up a trading post, it helps with the laden Brahman just spawning anywhere. They tend to stay around the post after that.

User Info: itsyourlife

itsyourlife
1 year ago#9
daelonduluc posted...

The only Brahman that randomly show up in weird places are those of your own Trade Routes and those of the random traders (Carla, etc...) that come to your settlement

Which is roughly 90 percent of the brahmin that show up at settlements, which still makes the trough useless.
MFF ALLIANCE: NEGA NEBULOUS
NOW RECRUITING

dbvirago
1 year ago#10
tehnemox posted...
itsyourlife posted...

or was there a green radiation storm going on at the time?

I think it was this. But I had just popped back to the front of my house, Rads started jumping up and there is this big two-headed beast trying to get through the door.

I have a long standing habit of always shooting any two-headed animals coming through my front door.

Can't believe the body is just never going to disappear.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Killed a Brahman. Did I screw up?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived