• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. what is the best way to farm xp?
nyquist75 5 years ago#1
i'm at level 80 or something, have played through the story, now i get a fetch mission from the guy in the cowboy hat and that's pretty much it. and random encounters with enemies in the world. still have many levels to up... how proceed?
SIC101 5 years ago#2
Whenever I'm wanting a few levels I run around the glowing sea. Enemies drop quite a bit of xp epically with level 3 idiot savant and low int
IMAGINE DOING THAT TO A BEAR!
FFFanatic1234 5 years ago#3
At that level, simply killing stuff is the fastest way to get exp.
Official Sabin of the Final Fantasy XV board.
3DS Friend Code: 2019-9677-1839
Omega_Jade 5 years ago#4
SIC101 posted...
Whenever I'm wanting a few levels I run around the glowing sea. Enemies drop quite a bit of xp epically with level 3 idiot savant and low int

isn't idiot savant a roll of the dice though?
from what it states in the loading screen it is random so how often does it really do it's job and how much xp does it really give each time it triggers?

I think going with full Intelligence is a better way to go, sure you don't randomly get XP just for standing there every now and again but over all better to do since it also grants you perks.

anyways there was a trick I learned(unless they fixed it) where you unlock a safe connected to a PC with a bobby pin, go to the PC relock it and unlock it again with the bobby pin.

other than that I just go raider hunting and later on BOS hunting because selling their armor also grants you a lot of money to.
nyquist75 5 years ago#5
glowing sea here i come! haz mat suit on...
dariusjr98 5 years ago#6
Omega_Jade posted...
SIC101 posted...

isn't idiot savant a roll of the dice though?
from what it states in the loading screen it is random so how often does it really do it's job and how much xp does it really give each time it triggers?

I think going with full Intelligence is a better way to go, sure you don't randomly get XP just for standing there every now and again but over all better to do since it also grants you perks.

anyways there was a trick I learned(unless they fixed it) where you unlock a safe connected to a PC with a bobby pin, go to the PC relock it and unlock it again with the bobby pin.

other than that I just go raider hunting and later on BOS hunting because selling their armor also grants you a lot of money to.

If Idiot Savant wasn't worth it, why would so many people be talking about it?
Visiting the GameFAQs message boards is alot like smoking a cigarette; you know it's bad for you, but you can't help yourself, and you always return for more.
Ksetrat 5 years ago#7
Things I do for exp and caps (which I don't really need the latter of the two, but...)
Blacksmith level 2 allows you to make bear traps with poison. They sell for 80 caps (note I have 14 or so charisma when selling) give a decent amount of experience and only cost like 25 caps or so to make. Steel, gears and Springs.

Only true issue is the weight. But with 5 general goods vendors in my main town I can cycle them through easily enough.
I will not hesitate to put my life on the line to keep myself out of harms way.
Now Playing: Fallout 76 (ps4). HEX shards of fate (pc). Warframe (pc)
SirMang 5 years ago#8
Once you get to a point where you have nothing better to put level up points in, pumping up idiot savant is worth it. It won't proc many times but if you find a large group of enemies, it should proc on one of them for a little boost. It will also proc randomly when you're building.

Best way to gain XP fast once you're level 80 is to do A LOT of building. A lot was in caps for emphasis.

If you dispatched the Institute, there is always a group of synths who give 100+ XP per synth down the road where Drug Den is. There's an easy 1200XP there every few in game days.

You should have also reached a point where you have plenty of chems or ingredients for chems, make Jet, lots and lots of Jet. Make Psycho, lots and lots of Psycho. Then may Psycho Jet.
Omega_Jade 5 years ago#9
I only make drugs to sell to venders such as the Assaultron for some nice stuff such as ammo that I cannot make myself.
I have a Fertilizer farm that only has cows in it and I have a lot to work with.

I leveled up a few times just making Jet before, but I rested up first with my romanced Companion Curie and the boost was just enough to level up twice just making stuff.
shibulator 5 years ago#10
Idiot savant, low int, kill things or make things. I threw a grenade and killed 3 raiders and got 513 exp on hard difficulty. It has a 10% chance to proc with 2 or low int, and gives 5x exp, and can give you a buff for 1 minute to gain 3x exp for anything killed, which happens quite often.
Privacy and intimacy as we know it will be a memory, among many to be passed down to those who never knew
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. what is the best way to farm xp?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A