• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. So which quest is it where the story splits again?

User Info: ZiggiStardust

ZiggiStardust
3 years ago#1
No spoilers please.

I want to make sure I'm saving my game before the big choice (whatever that is), so I can start over once I'm done with one path.

Which quest should I be looking out for? I had it written down, but I misplaced where I wrote it lol.
http://www.twitch.tv/agenttrav

ZiggiStardust
3 years ago#2
Bump?

User Info: Colonel Alloy

Colonel Alloy
3 years ago#3
There are multiple spots where it can happen.

Mass Fusion/Spoils of War is the quest that decides whether the Institute or Brotherhood becomes your enemy.

The Railroad has a few points where you can side with or betray them, but they're all fairly obvious.

During "Pinned" you'll also have to intervene with the Minutemen if you don't want to piss off the Institute.
Your Life *SPOILERS!* -- The main character dies at the end.

User Info: suzlouath

suzlouath
3 years ago#4
The best place to have a "split here" save is after you've completed Institutionalised. It opens access to the Institute faction, so you'll have all factions to choose from. After that, there are specific places like Mass Fusion/Spoils of War, Pinned, Tactical Thinking, Airship Down, End of the Line and others that make you enemies with other factions, but that's the point where the game splits off.

User Info: solarboy52

solarboy52
3 years ago#5
play until you get mass fusion from the institute, if you get the "blind betrayal" quest from the brotherhood, do not complete it until you get "spoils of war" from ingram. if you complete blind betrayal, then ingram won't give you the quest until you talk to kells for the "tactical thinking" quest which will automatically make you a railroad enemy. you can also turn the railroad hostile if you go to the HQ with X6-88 as your companion, so be careful of that.

when you get the mass fusion quest from the institute, go to the prydwen and talk to ingram, it will unlock the "spoils of war" quest", save there, that will be where you make an enemy of either the brotherhood or the institute. it's best to set your initial storyline split here, as the choices here are what lock you out of other factions

1) if you side with the brotherhood, you will become enemies with the intitute, and fail the railroad mission "underground undercover" and be locked out of the railroad ending but still be allies, and then get access to the minute man final quest, after you finish "blind betrayal", you will get a quest that starts with talking to kells, this will be another split in the story, make another save here

1a)if you talk to lancer captain kells, you'll start on a quest to attack the railroad, and you'll automatically become enemies with the RR as soon as you finish talking to him. you'll later attack the institute and get the BOS ending

1b) if you avoid kells, you can instead go to preston and use the minutemen to attack the Institute, and get the minutemen ending. this will also allow you to leave both the BOS and the RR alive as long as you're not enemies with either

2) if you side with the institute, you'll become enemies with the brotherhood, and regardless of which of the 3 factions you end with, you'll end up destroying the BOS at some point. from here, play until you get the quest "end of the line" from the institute, or nuclear option from the railroad. save here, for the next split

2a) work with the institute and kill the railroad, and head for the institute ending

2b) use the railroad to attack the institute, get the railroad ending

User Info: orphanmaker

orphanmaker
3 years ago#6
if you don't join the railroad BEFORE the battle of bunker hill completes, it locks you out, its the earliest hazard point.

User Info: solarboy52

solarboy52
3 years ago#7
orphanmaker posted...
if you don't join the railroad BEFORE the battle of bunker hill completes, it locks you out, its the earliest hazard point.

how do you get the battle of bunker hill without the railroad to decode the courser chip?

ZiggiStardust
3 years ago#8
Awesome, thanks guys
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. So which quest is it where the story splits again?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers