• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Question about duplication glitch

User Info: The_404s

The_404s
5 years ago#1
Does anyone else find it much harder to do the glitch with some items? If I'm duplicating junk items or the SPECIAL book I can do it perfectly time after time, but when I try duping armor it's very hard to pull off. I've been trying to duplicate the minutemen outfit and in about 10 minutes I've only managed to dupe it successfully once. I'm using the same timing I use for other items, but when it comes to armor it's very hit or miss.

User Info: msgkar03

msgkar03
5 years ago#2
The_404s posted...
Does anyone else find it much harder to do the glitch with some items? If I'm duplicating junk items or the SPECIAL book I can do it perfectly time after time, but when I try duping armor it's very hard to pull off. I've been trying to duplicate the minutemen outfit and in about 10 minutes I've only managed to dupe it successfully once. I'm using the same timing I user for other items, but when it comes to armor it's very hit or miss.

Honestly haven't noticed a difference between different kinds of items. Who are you using as a companion?

User Info: pobatti

pobatti
5 years ago#3
Dogmeat seems to be quicker at picking up some items than others. I have noticed this. It means you have less room to perform the glitch in and may have to adjust your timing.

User Info: msgkar03

msgkar03
5 years ago#4
Yes. But I feel Dogmeat is the best because you can see him bow his head to pick up the item. The sweet spot is the *second* he dips his head, you snag it up.
(message deleted)

The_404s
5 years ago#6
I'm using Dogmeat, I thought he was the only companion you could perform the glitch with?

User Info: clarinet1

clarinet1
5 years ago#7
If you're after more minutemen outfits the clothing store I made at the Castle always sells them. I think the permanent vendor there sells them as well.

The_404s
5 years ago#8
clarinet1 posted...
If you're after more minutemen outfits the clothing store I made at the Castle always sells them. I think the permanent vendor there sells them as well.

While that is good to know, I'm still troubled that I'm having so difficulty duping apparel items. I wish the glitch was more consistent.

User Info: ChikaraX

ChikaraX
5 years ago#9
I tried to dupe power armor pieces, it's impossible to do those.

Dogmeat seems to grab big/heavy stuff faster than lightning, in many cases there is no bowing animation at all, he'll you walk up and the item will be gone, sometimes he'll grab it without even being near it.

When you do grab it after a billion tries it won't be in your inventory (You do not hear the sound of it going into your bag)

I have been able to dupe damn near every item (Even Bobbleheads and Magazines.. there's no additional bonus unlike SPECIAL) Armors are a bit harder as the timing seems random but power armor is all over the place (And stackable items, like ammo and such, isn't worth the time)
__ \( * O * )/ __
PSN- Boryoku (& BoryokuJP), NNID- Boryoku (& BoryokuNi), Microsoft- Boryoku, Steam- Boryokux.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Question about duplication glitch
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A