• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Has anyone have their Settlers die from attacks?

User Info: LuBuFengXian

LuBuFengXian
4 years ago#1
Today I was attacked when I returned to Sanctuary and the bastards started firing missiles at my supply line and my other settlers who went to defend. Now I know some of them has got to be blown up at some point since I saw a Brahmin on fire running amok in town and people flying around, but after the attack I did a head count and it seems I haven't lost anyone to the attack, though most of them (named and unnamed npcs) are holding on to their stomachs as if they are bleeding out...this makes me wonder if the settlers you control are essentrial or not.

I haven't had many attacks, I can't say for sure, so I come here to ask about this
PSN/Steam - LuBuFengXian | 3DS FC: 5086-2107-1948
Streaming: twitch.tv/LuBuTV | Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/LuBuFengXian

User Info: terrato37

terrato37
4 years ago#2
still haven't had my settlement hit...
PSN: Terrato13

User Info: DrakoVongola1

DrakoVongola1
4 years ago#3
I've never been attacked in the first place o-o

Unnamed settlers are definitely not flagged as essential though, I've massacred my largest settlement a few times just for fun. Hey SOMEONE has to make those guards earn their keep, and if the raiders won't do it then it falls to the mayor :)
Official leader of the Illuminati.

User Info: vhiran

vhiran
4 years ago#4
No. What happens is if they take too much damage they take a knee and the enemy ignores them for anyone else still in the fight. Same thing as in Skyrim.

So in general they won't be killed unless they get stomped by something with overwhelming damage .. or you kill them yourself.
inventor of the CHILL raid run.

User Info: KnightsBlazing

KnightsBlazing
4 years ago#5
Named ones can die I saw Daniel finch get shot dead

User Info: MikeAtTheSource

MikeAtTheSource
4 years ago#6
I did a war yesterday, I was attacked by like 8 super mutants and 4 hounds, half came from one side of sanctuary, while half hit the entrance/bridge, all I know is I was crafting, some settler hit the siren, then all I saw were flares, flares everywhere, my guns were going off, it was night time, I was a little scared to be honest, but it was a war, no settlers were lost but most of my turrets were lost, but easy to repair
PSN-TwoGoodMrRutter((ESO - NA DC Player(Provisioning+Alchemy)Argonian Templar))

User Info: ninebreaker47

ninebreaker47
4 years ago#7
I forgot to put up defenses at one of my settlements, then I got a message that it was under attack but I was in the middle of a mission already so I ignored it at the time, by the time I finished I forgot about it, then I got a message telling me I failed to defend them. I checked the settlement on the map after and it said there were 0 people living there now, so I can only assume they all died due to my neglect. Lol.
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser

User Info: s_dubs

s_dubs
3 years ago#8
They can die offscreen as described in the above scenario. If you're there with them during a raid though they're essential and can't die.
psn: http://psnprofiles.com/smward87
FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1820490/

User Info: TheShadowGod

TheShadowGod
3 years ago#9
Can attacks destroy structures, or are settlers the only thing hit?
"It just works" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvGXCisAaR4

User Info: DrakoVongola1

DrakoVongola1
3 years ago#10
TheShadowGod posted...
Can attacks destroy structures, or are settlers the only thing hit?

I had a suicider run directly into one of my guard outposts and it didn't get destroyed, so I'm gonna say structures are immune :D
Official leader of the Illuminati.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Has anyone have their Settlers die from attacks?
  • Topic Archived