• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 0: HD Remaster
  3. Why did this game get bad reviews again?

User Info: R0N1N187

R0N1N187
3 years ago#1
I asked on Twitch and a lot of people said it was harder than REmake because its difficult to run past zombies and find herbs or first aid sprays? I thought that was the point of survival games.... to survive with minimal resources.

User Info: 17chris

17chris
3 years ago#2
R0N1N187 posted...
I asked on Twitch and a lot of people said it was harder than REmake because its difficult to run past zombies and find herbs or first aid sprays? I thought that was the point of survival games.... to survive with minimal resources.

All i really see is the inventory system, no item boxes. I personally dont mind the inventory system

User Info: WolfNinja88

WolfNinja88
3 years ago#3
if you can't run past them i don't understand why didn't they just shoot them, as the zombie in this game go down quicker than the ones in remake (even more so if you have your partner backing you up). Resident evil would be boring if it was a breeze to get through Hence why i hate easy/very easy options, why have that in a survival horror game?

I wish remake had a harder mode actually. Still too easy compared to resident evil director's cut on arranged.

User Info: Ser_Jaker

Ser_Jaker
3 years ago#4
It's funny when people say RE0 got bad reviews. Back on the gamecube it was universally praised by all critics.

Even here it has a overall score of 70% which I don't see as bad.

But honestly in my opinion here, it's easy to see why fans don't like this game. Far to much frustrating backtracking, the leave item system is a mess, the enemies seem to always completely have the advantage over you. Like they have no hit stun and they only rarely stagger but they give you a useless partner and there's a s***load of recovery time for your attacks.

The game is pretty unbalanced. And I think REmake, RE2, RE3, CV are absolute masterpieces. RE0 is decent but it's easily the worst classic RE.

User Info: RococoEra

RococoEra
3 years ago#5
The hook shot
Sig

User Info: WolfNinja88

WolfNinja88
3 years ago#6
What is funny is at one point casual fans hated the magic item boxes and wished that you could drop items on the floor. Well you got it in 0 haha.

User Info: DetBeauregard

DetBeauregard
3 years ago#7
One of my only gripes about the early RE games was the lack of having both options: being able to drop items anywhere AND having magic item boxes. This game was built so that retrieving items from the train crash area wasn't difficult due to a magic elevator (which is impossible structurally), but it still got frustrating in the facility area.

User Info: alchemy60

alchemy60
3 years ago#8
Ser_Jaker posted...
but they give you a useless partner and there's a s***load of recovery time for your attacks.
Did you play the game? I wouldn't call Becca and Billy useless. Sure they had strengths and weaknesses but it made for a more strategy game making sure you properly prepared.

WolfNinja88 posted...
What is funny is at one point casual fans hated the magic item boxes and wished that you could drop items on the floor. Well you got it in 0 haha.
Alot of fans are stupid anyway so i'm not surprised they're spin a 180 when they're given what they were asking for.
PSN: StealthBlade98
Youtube channel: jagr06

User Info: Spade59

Spade59
3 years ago#9
RococoEra posted...
The hook shot

This.

Large items in this game take up two slots, and you're constantly switching items between Becca and Billy. It's monotonous, more than usual for classic Resident Evil.

The Hook shot has to be re-used over and over, and shotgun/grenade launcher also take up two slots, along with their ammo.

Then you have to make room for key items, so even with 12 item slots, it isn't enough.

User Info: Rapham0n

Rapham0n
3 years ago#10
Ser_Jaker posted...
It's funny when people say RE0 got bad reviews. Back on the gamecube it was universally praised by all critics.

Even here it has a overall score of 70% which I don't see as bad.

But honestly in my opinion here, it's easy to see why fans don't like this game. Far to much frustrating backtracking, the leave item system is a mess, the enemies seem to always completely have the advantage over you. Like they have no hit stun and they only rarely stagger but they give you a useless partner and there's a s***load of recovery time for your attacks.

The game is pretty unbalanced. And I think REmake, RE2, RE3, CV are absolute masterpieces. RE0 is decent but it's easily the worst classic RE.

THIS!^^^ You can shoot an enemy point blank range with the shotgun and they will charge through the blast like it's nothing. The game has no hit-stun/stagger effect on enemies at all. And all the while there IS hit-stun/stagger effect on you (the player). That is just a stupid/lazy way to make a game harder. Also, the enemy can stun-lock you, because they can attack faster than you can recover. For example: enemy hits you, your character gets staggered, the enemy recovers from their attack animation WAY faster than your character does from their stagger animation, the enemy hits you again before you can recover, and then you are stuck in this cycle until you die. This especially happens when encountering those infected monkey things.

There is also no splash damage on explosive weapons. Enemies can be standing right next to each other and if you shoot one with the grenade launcher only the one you hit directly is affected. Even though his buddy was standing right next to him when the grenade exploded. >:(

Also, it makes no sense that all of a sudden you need specialized equipment to mix herbs, and only the character that has said equipment can mix herbs.

This game is a frustrating mess. The only reason the game is difficult is because of extremely poor and/or lazy design choices. WORST RE GAME EVER. >:(

This is why I hate digital games. Now I've wasted money on this garbage and I can't even sell it to at least get some money back.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil 0: HD Remaster
  3. Why did this game get bad reviews again?
  • Topic Archived