Max Level?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: ChiefDamonGant

ChiefDamonGant
3 years ago#1
Unlike other Dr. Mario games, when you reach level 21+ in Virus Buster mode, they actually stay unlocked permanently afterwards (for the difficulty they were reached on, otherwise it stops at 20). Also, in older games, there'd be a cap on the highest level (NES Dr. Mario looped endlessly at level 24, GB Dr. Mario hit a killscreen at level 28).

Has anyone hit a maximum level yet? I kinda don't want to bother if it just goes endlessly.

I just tried it with Classic mode and the game actually just stops at level 20. I would ask WHY but no point questioning their logic.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/ZaiRedwinters
No longer adding random 3DS friends due to space limits. Sorry!

User Info: RollingSkull

RollingSkull
3 years ago#2
I think Dr. Luigi, but not Dr. Mario DSiware, let you unlock and save access to classic levels over 20
"I mean, come ON! Kill me?! Who HASN'T tried?!"
-- Mike Nelson, Mystery Science Theater 3000

ChiefDamonGant
3 years ago#3
Okay, so I've tried each mode and ONLY Virus Buster in this game goes over level 20.

Classic and VS. CPU (with or without Miracle Cures) in both Dr. Mario and Dr. Luigi modes cap at 20 and don't go any further.

I'm going through Virus Buster to see if there's a max level. On level 51 so far with no end in sight apparently.

User Info: RollingSkull

RollingSkull
3 years ago#4
I meant Dr. Luigi WiiU, sorry.
"I mean, come ON! Kill me?! Who HASN'T tried?!"
-- Mike Nelson, Mystery Science Theater 3000

ChiefDamonGant
3 years ago#5
RollingSkull posted...
I meant Dr. Luigi WiiU, sorry.

ah okay.

User Info: sonicking917

sonicking917
3 years ago#6
ChiefDamonGant posted...
Okay, so I've tried each mode and ONLY Virus Buster in this game goes over level 20.

Classic and VS. CPU (with or without Miracle Cures) in both Dr. Mario and Dr. Luigi modes cap at 20 and don't go any further.

I'm going through Virus Buster to see if there's a max level. On level 51 so far with no end in sight apparently.

Well, that's a bit lame...
Even though I'm not really good enough to pass level 20 in anything except Virus Buster, still lame.
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!

ChiefDamonGant
3 years ago#7
sonicking917 posted...
ChiefDamonGant posted...

Well, that's a bit lame...
Even though I'm not really good enough to pass level 20 in anything except Virus Buster, still lame.

It SORTA is, but also you have to remember that in most Dr. Mario games, stages above 20 aren't much harder because there's always been a cap on the maximum amount of viruses in the bottle at one time.

In Virus Buster specifically, every stage has been the same since stage 24. (6x8 block of viruses with one open space somewhere in it). It's really just the same stage repeating over and over, kinda like the NES version of Dr. Mario. Stage 24 would just loop continuously.

It also doesn't mean anything in terms of score because unlike traditional Dr. Mario, this game doesn't carry score between levels. So having more levels to play in a marathon would mean absolutely nothing because your score resets to 0 every level. Endless Mode is more for score attacking now.

ChiefDamonGant
3 years ago#8
Finally got to the end of Virus Buster. It caps at Stage 99, with stages 24-99 being the same amount of viruses every time. You get nothing for beating it, much like beating Stage 20 on the other modes. However, the stages will permanently stay unlocked and it'll also list that you reached stage 99 in the Records.

User Info: sonicking917

sonicking917
3 years ago#9
ChiefDamonGant posted...
Finally got to the end of Virus Buster. It caps at Stage 99, with stages 24-99 being the same amount of viruses every time. You get nothing for beating it, much like beating Stage 20 on the other modes. However, the stages will permanently stay unlocked and it'll also list that you reached stage 99 in the Records.

That must have been...kinda boring to grind through. Not gonna lie. I would have jumped ship way before even level 50 ha ha. If it had a temporary progress save like the Brain Age versions, I might do it, but wow...
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser

ChiefDamonGant
3 years ago#10
sonicking917 posted...
ChiefDamonGant posted...

That must have been...kinda boring to grind through. Not gonna lie. I would have jumped ship way before even level 50 ha ha. If it had a temporary progress save like the Brain Age versions, I might do it, but wow...

You don't have to do it in one sitting, the levels permanently unlock past 20. The bar stops moving but the number will still increase up to your current level per difficulty (so I can access level 99 on Normal, but not Easy or Hard). They're really short so stopping in the middle of a level doesn't mean much progress lost. Maybe a minute or two, tops.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived