Gunner Set suggestion specifically for farming Akantor

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Generations
  3. Gunner Set suggestion specifically for farming Akantor

User Info: Blackmon

Blackmon
1 year ago#1
Hello.

I'm looking for suggestions on good gunner sets I could farm that would be great against soloing Akantor. Sets that are easy to get or farm solo are welcome. It doesn't have to be the best of the best.

I'm not dead set on using a specific weapon, I'm looking for the best ones I could choose that would go great against Akantor. I noticed how easy it is to avoid his attacks from a far so effective long range weapons seems to be my best bet.

Any suggestions are welcome. I have the Hayabusa head for starters.
Http://www.Blackmon.com/

User Info: 17Master

17Master
1 year ago#2
Elegant Parasol with Thunder Atk+, Load Up, Ammo Saver, and whatever else you can get, if anything.
It's like if a kitten suplexed you, you wouldn't even consider your self defense options because you'd still be processing how insane it is... ~manmouse

User Info: Prince_Hircine

Prince_Hircine
1 year ago#3
17Master posted...
Elegant Parasol with Thunder Atk+, Load Up, Ammo Saver, and whatever else you can get, if anything.

He said solo. Parasol will run out of P.Thunder 2 before Akantor dies, sadly.

If you did want to run Parasol, you would absolutely want Bonus Shot. You could still use it, but you will run out of steam and be stuck with regular ol' Pierce S on a set that probably isn't optimized to fire them, although I guess you could use Thunder S 1 but... meh.

In groups, Parasol teams wreck him, though.
Slowking, Apex Predator Officer -4U HR 999, Gens HR 300+, LBG Main-
What is it that makes a hunter great?

User Info: Pyrohamster

Pyrohamster
1 year ago#4
you can probably use the Parasol to finish him by subquest, its not the same as "solo killing" him though i guess. although subquest rewards can give you most (if not all) available parts from Akantor, so theres not much point in actually trying to kill him anyways if you're just trying to get his gear.

Blackmon
1 year ago#5
Thanks. The angel parasol is easy enough to acquire and upgrade. Thinking about it, finishing by subquest seems much much faster as opposed to finishing him off.

Would just the subquest be enough for me to get all parts for both blademaster and gunner? I wonder if ultra lucky affects subquest rewards. One way to find out!

Feel free to suggest a longer lasting set. Thanks.

User Info: silverbullet474

silverbullet474
1 year ago#6
There's always the standard Teo bow set. When I was farming him though I ran a pierce up/crit boost set using the Wondrous Star LBG.

Edit: an Alatreon bow set works too if you want to go the dragon pierce route.
Let the battle of wits begin!
http://goo.gl/aTm6Zd

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
1 year ago#7
The subquest rewards can get you literally all of his parts - worth noting that you don't get as many items on average as you get for clearing the quest, by a fairly noticeable margin, but unless you're quite good at the Akantor fight it should still be faster. So you can always just subquest farm until you feel like you can take him down in reasonable time. Worth noting you can still get rewards for breaking other parts even if you end via subquest, so that's nice to be aware of if you need Akantor Tallfangs for anything.

If you're only subquest farming, you can just make basically anything that can rapid fire thunder stuff - elegant parasol is best, but you'll be fine with almost anything (that back of his is balanced so blademasters can break it when they only get knockdown opportunities, so elemental shots pelting it at all times break it stupid fast). Don't worry too much about the optimization here, basically any late game-ish thunder oriented light bow gun will do the job fast enough that it's slower to farm a better LBG than it is to just subquest farm Akantor a few seconds slower.
We clasped our hands, our hands in praise of a conquerors right to tyranny

Blackmon
1 year ago#8
Actually, I didn't need a gunner set for the subquest farm. 2 mounts from my Aerial CB does the trick. 5-10 minutes a run, which is not bad at all.

SInce I have maxed out Dreadking armor, I can't think of any use for an Akantor Blademaster Armor other than I like how it looks and it's easy to upgrade, unless there are weapons that would go great with it. Any suggestions?

How is the Akantor armor as a main gunner armor?

User Info: RB-Dragonite

RB-Dragonite
1 year ago#9
Blackmon posted...

The Legs and Arms (I think) are +5 Pierce. Basically pivotal to Pierce Mixes.
'Overcoming Harassment in Games? So we need a panel to teach people to use the mute function now?' - blackbetty1974
http://gph.is/1jJo8DQ

User Info: Pyrohamster

Pyrohamster
1 year ago#10
RB-Dragonite posted...
Blackmon posted...

The Legs and Arms (I think) are +5 Pierce. Basically pivotal to Pierce Mixes.

thats Akantor R iirc, the one that needs hyper parts.

http://mhgen.kiranico.com/armor/593-akantor
http://mhgen.kiranico.com/armor/595-akantor-r
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Generations
  3. Gunner Set suggestion specifically for farming Akantor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived