Gunner Set suggestion specifically for farming Akantor

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Generations
  3. Gunner Set suggestion specifically for farming Akantor

User Info: Blackmon

Blackmon
1 year ago#11
Ok this is weird, I decided to just go for the Akantor R armor since it's much easier to farm. I find that I just need 15 hyper pyroscales, no problem. I solo Hyper Glavenus 5 times in a row and not a single Hyper Pyroscale drops.

According to Kiranico, it has a chance of 45%. I'm really having a bad luck with this thing.
Http://www.Blackmon.com/

User Info: ShouNiikura

ShouNiikura
1 year ago#12
Blackmon posted...
15 hyper pyroscales

rip.
[ MH4U / Shinku / Hr 999 I MHG / Sera / Hr 199 I Crutchstick I oo/0 = ~ ]
// We are all travelers on a road of infinite points // Also go hug yourself //

User Info: Lancifolis

Lancifolis
1 year ago#13
Blackmon posted...
Actually, I didn't need a gunner set for the subquest farm. 2 mounts from my Aerial CB does the trick. 5-10 minutes a run, which is not bad at all.

SInce I have maxed out Dreadking armor, I can't think of any use for an Akantor Blademaster Armor other than I like how it looks and it's easy to upgrade, unless there are weapons that would go great with it. Any suggestions?

How is the Akantor armor as a main gunner armor?

Actually with a decent LBG set you can even subquest in less than a minute. With decent Thunder/P.Thunder it is fast, but I find using Arm Cannon X with Dazzling S is faster. The set I usually use for it is True Shot Up, Ammo Save, Load Up, and Partbreaker.

Blackmon posted...
Ok this is weird, I decided to just go for the Akantor R armor since it's much easier to farm. I find that I just need 15 hyper pyroscales, no problem. I solo Hyper Glavenus 5 times in a row and not a single Hyper Pyroscale drops.

According to Kiranico, it has a chance of 45%. I'm really having a bad luck with this thing.

Yeah, I know this feeling. I usually farm Lavasioth/Agnaktor for this though.
MHGen - Lancifolis [HR243]

Blackmon
1 year ago#14
ShouNiikura posted...
Blackmon posted...
15 hyper pyroscales

rip.

Hyper Pyro Scales are rare or something?

Lancifolis posted...
Blackmon posted...
Actually, I didn't need a gunner set for the subquest farm. 2 mounts from my Aerial CB does the trick. 5-10 minutes a run, which is not bad at all.

SInce I have maxed out Dreadking armor, I can't think of any use for an Akantor Blademaster Armor other than I like how it looks and it's easy to upgrade, unless there are weapons that would go great with it. Any suggestions?

Actually with a decent LBG set you can even subquest in less than a minute. With decent Thunder/P.Thunder it is fast, but I find using Arm Cannon X with Dazzling S is faster. The set I usually use for it is True Shot Up, Ammo Save, Load Up, and Partbreaker.

Blackmon posted...

Yeah, I know this feeling. I usually farm Lavasioth/Agnaktor for this though.

Unfortunately, I'm not as familiar with those 2 as I am with Glavenus so I was farming him instead.
If you don't mind, can you pls share what armor you're using for that set?

User Info: DespondentDeity

DespondentDeity
1 year ago#15
Blackmon posted...
Hyper Pyro Scales are rare or something?

I'll sometimes rotate Agnaktor, Glavenus, and Lavasioth all day and get like 2 or 3. It seems like I literally never have enough of them.
http://i.imgur.com/8DBAEJJ.gif | http://i.imgur.com/U2ZWTrH.gif
Tell karma I love her, been a real good motherf***er

User Info: Astragon

Astragon
1 year ago#16
Pierce Up
Repeat Offender/Criteye+3
Evade Extender
Adept Style

This is the basic HBG set you'll need.

For LBG:
(Probably the Astalos LBG)
Thunder Atk+2
Bonus Shot is a personal choice but usually it is worth getting, especially on monsters as tanky as Akantor/Ukanlos.
True Shot Up (for Thunder lvl2 and Piercing Thunder Azzy LBG gets)
If possible, Elemental Crit, it could also replace Bonus Shot if you want.

And of course, Adept Style for at least defensive reasons.
"When roughly half of a gaming board uses hacks in the game that board is about, something is obviously wrong with that game."

User Info: Prince_Hircine

Prince_Hircine
1 year ago#17
RB-Dragonite posted...
Blackmon posted...

The Legs and Arms (I think) are +5 Pierce. Basically pivotal to Pierce Mixes.

That's Akantor R, btw. Standard Akantor stuff is different.
Slowking, Apex Predator Officer -4U HR 999, Gens HR 300+, LBG Main-
What is it that makes a hunter great?

User Info: RB-Dragonite

RB-Dragonite
1 year ago#18
Thanks to those who corrected me, wasn't paying full attention. On that note, by the time you can farm Akantor, you'll probably have the R series or be close to getting it, so I highly suggest doing that and getting parts of the Akantor R armor. At this point, full sets aren't the best for gunning.
'Overcoming Harassment in Games? So we need a panel to teach people to use the mute function now?' - blackbetty1974
http://gph.is/1jJo8DQ

Blackmon
1 year ago#19
I'm close to it I believe. I just need to complete the quest where I have to collect 40 coals I think, then fight 3 hyper tetsucabras. Hopefully, I can do that just fine. It's not that I can't solo it, it's more like I'm worried I might not have enough time to hunt all 3. But I'll worry about that once I've gotten all 15 hyper pyro scales.

I dunno if Ultra Lucky Cat worked. I decided to do a hunt with Ultra Lucky Cat and got 2 of them, but they were on the subquest reward section though so I'm not so sure but it might help a lot.

Btw, How bad is hellblade compared to Hyper Glavenus? Is it slightly bad or doesn't even come close to hellblade in difficulty? I'm doing this as sort of a practice for when I do hellblade. I want that badass looking long sword.

User Info: DespondentDeity

DespondentDeity
1 year ago#20
I think Hellblade is easier than Hyper personally, but neither are very much trouble.
http://i.imgur.com/8DBAEJJ.gif | http://i.imgur.com/U2ZWTrH.gif
Tell karma I love her, been a real good motherf***er
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Generations
  3. Gunner Set suggestion specifically for farming Akantor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived