Hopefully, they could fix being screwed when you get disconnected mid hunt

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Generations
  3. Hopefully, they could fix being screwed when you get disconnected mid hunt

User Info: dynamicdan

dynamicdan
1 year ago#41
LonelyGaruga posted...
People shouldn't be playing online if they aren't good enough to solo the quests they're running. At that level you're just having people carry you.

"Monster Hunter doesn't sell well in the west because western players don't know how to do good teamwork".

Ok guys, let's team up and fight the monster.

"Teaming up is just an indication that you suck"

I swear to god, the veterans of this game are worse than the entire Pokemon fanbase combined...
gfaqs mods are mostly terrible. ~jeof96

User Info: silverbullet474

silverbullet474
1 year ago#42
17Master posted...
So to wrap up this topic real quick: "Multiplayer quests are meant to be in single player. I can do it, so it is the standard for the entire planet. If you ever go in a group ever to do anything EVER, you are just trying to be carried because bad. Stop being bad and wanting to play multiplayer games with multiple people."

Some people just forget that they're good and assume that their skill level is the baseline I guess. At the same time though, acting like online isn't possible/reasonable to be able to solo with enough practice and effort is just as silly.
Let the battle of wits begin!
http://goo.gl/aTm6Zd

User Info: 17Master

17Master
1 year ago#43
Is it possible? Of course. Reasonable? Varies. Is it the standard to which everyone should held? I do not think so. Is the multiplayer shaming, for lack of better words, that certain users here seem to be aroused by necessary? **** no it is not.
www.youtube.com/17Master

User Info: Darkrunedragon

Darkrunedragon
1 year ago#44
silverbullet474 posted...
17Master posted...
So to wrap up this topic real quick: "Multiplayer quests are meant to be in single player. I can do it, so it is the standard for the entire planet. If you ever go in a group ever to do anything EVER, you are just trying to be carried because bad. Stop being bad and wanting to play multiplayer games with multiple people."

Some people just forget that they're good and assume that their skill level is the baseline I guess. At the same time though, acting like online isn't possible/reasonable to be able to solo with enough practice and effort is just as silly.

Pretty much this. Expecting everybody to be able to solo everything just because you can is obnoxious, but refusing to acknowledge that everything CAN be solo'd is also pretty obnoxious.

dynamicdan posted...
LonelyGaruga posted...
People shouldn't be playing online if they aren't good enough to solo the quests they're running. At that level you're just having people carry you.

"Monster Hunter doesn't sell well in the west because western players don't know how to do good teamwork".

Ok guys, let's team up and fight the monster.

"Teaming up is just an indication that you suck"

I swear to god, the veterans of this game are worse than the entire Pokemon fanbase combined...

Yeah, the "git gud" guys can be real pricks sometimes. Not always, but the ones that stand out REALLY stand out.
I'm Edgy McEdgelord, Edgemaster of the Dark Edge.
Bow and Switchaxe of the Knights of Schrade.

User Info: Blackmon

Blackmon
1 year ago#45
silverbullet474 posted...
Blackmon posted...
lol at people telling others to solo multiplayer quests.

Umm...every quest can be solo'd. Yeah, it's harder than offline, but that's because the quests are balanced to be solo-able OR taken on by a team of 4. It's not like it's a crazy concept to be able to do the online quests on your own, I'm not a top level TA record holding super elitist in any way and I did just fine never stepping online from FU up to G rank in 4U (and even then it was only to hunt with friends or farm).

Every quest can be solo'd yeah, but can anyone do it? Not so much. There are people who do great in a group but can't solo well and that to me should be more than enough to host or play online. Being able to keep up and contribute with the group should be enough also.

In a way, you could say when you play in a group, each team member carries each other. That's a much better way of saying it. Since you can't solo the thing, you find the other 2 or 3 people to be able to complete it. I see it in a way where you combine all your efforts and abilities to be able to complete something you're not able to complete by yourself and that's good.

Also, TC was not complaining about how the game is too hard, they're just saying how inconvenient it is to get disconnected in the middle of a mission. The person being disconnected isn't the only one that's affected, but also the 2 or 3 people that were left behind in the middle of the mission. Instead of being able to complete the hunt much faster, now you're one less person dealing the damage. At least that's how I see it.
Http://www.Blackmon.com/

User Info: thesauce1234

thesauce1234
1 year ago#46
Topic title is bait
3DS FC: 4339-2567-8412 ; ACNL:Alfredo from Sauce ; Pokemon: IGN - Sauce
MH4U: IGN - Friend HR 999 ~ MHG: IGN - Sauce HR 1

User Info: silverbullet474

silverbullet474
1 year ago#47
17Master posted...
Is it possible? Of course. Reasonable? Varies. Is it the standard to which everyone should held? I do not think so. Is the multiplayer shaming, for lack of better words, that certain users here seem to be aroused by necessary? **** no it is not.

Exactly my point. There's no need for either extreme, the elitists or the complainers.

Darkrunedragon posted...
Yeah, the "git gud" guys can be real pricks sometimes. Not always, but the ones that stand out REALLY stand out.

Yeah...yeah. I usually try to be a "here's how to get better" guy if I can. "Git gud" rarely ends up being helpful advice.

Blackmon posted...
Every quest can be solo'd yeah, but can anyone do it? Not so much. There are people who do great in a group but can't solo well and that to me should be more than enough to host or play online. Being able to keep up and contribute with the group should be enough also.

In a way, you could say when you play in a group, each team member carries each other. That's a much better way of saying it. Since you can't solo the thing, you find the other 2 or 3 people to be able to complete it. I see it in a way where you combine all your efforts and abilities to be able to complete something you're not able to complete by yourself and that's good.

Also, TC was not complaining about how the game is too hard, they're just saying how inconvenient it is to get disconnected in the middle of a mission. The person being disconnected isn't the only one that's affected, but also the 2 or 3 people that were left behind in the middle of the mission. Instead of being able to complete the hunt much faster, now you're one less person dealing the damage. At least that's how I see it.

I 100% agree with this, it was your 1st comment that I took issue with. No, everyone shouldn't be expected to solo everything, but it helps to be able to. Solo ability is a pretty good indicator of how well a person can handle themselves in a group. If you can hunt something faster with a team then by all means go ahead, but I'd set the point where it's a bit of an issue at someone ONLY being able to complete a hunt with a group. At that point you're not necessarily automatically a bad player, but by definition your team is technically carrying you through the hunt.
Let the battle of wits begin!
http://goo.gl/aTm6Zd

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
1 year ago#48
How did I get dubbed an elitist for pointing out that someone complaining about being unable to clear quests after a DC would have nothing to complain about if they learned how to play? Remember that before 4U, all of the portable games only had local online. If you didn't have IRL friends that also played those MH games, you had no choice but to get good enough to solo whatever you wanted to do.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't play online, but I am saying that the difficulty in learning how to solo somewhat quests is sorely overrated and that people are spoiled by online access if they consider it too much work to learn how to solo. You really have nothing to complain about if it is your own lack of ability that prevents you from clearing quests.

And that's what TC was doing. Sure, it would be nice if you could rejoin quests after a DC. No, you are not screwed if it happens. If you are, then you have no business running the quest in the first place.
MHGen Poison + Blast Damage Spreadsheets: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/163462-monster-hunter-generations/74201990

User Info: Blackmon

Blackmon
1 year ago#49
LonelyGaruga posted...
Sure, it would be nice if you could rejoin quests after a DC. No, you are not screwed if it happens. If you are, then you have no business running the quest in the first place.

As I keep saying, there are people who do really well in groups but can't solo. That doesn't mean that they shouldn't run the quests. You're implying that just because TC can't solo the quest, then they have no right to run the quest. If that's the standard for running the quest, then more than half or half the people playing won't be able to play online. Most people who create hubs can't solo the quest, that's why they make the hub. I'm pretty sure a lot of people can't solo deviants but they can contribute really well if they are in a group. Those people are screwed if they get disconnected unless the deviant they're hunting is almost dead.

It's different if the person making the hub doesn't bother making an effort contributing to the group or just stays in the tent area and does nothing.
Http://www.Blackmon.com/

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
1 year ago#50
The only reason a bad player can contribute in a party is because the party is carrying most of the weight for them. Quest difficulty in a party is dramatically lower than when solo. The skill requirement is similarly lowered. This isn't a very good argument, the bad player is still bad, it just doesn't affect them as much in a party. They still have no right to complain about not being able to solo a quest if they DC.

Like the analogy I used earlier about how a student should study for a test and has no right to complain if they receive a poor grade, it's up to players to properly prepare for the quests they run. They have no business complaining about the system if they were inadequately prepared to clear the quest they were running.

I never said that people have no right to run quests they can't solo. I said that they shouldn't do it. Like a student shouldn't skip studying, or a driver shouldn't run red lights, or a pedestrian shouldn't cross the street without looking both ways. It's a precautionary suggestion. What people have no right to do is complain about what can happen when they don't follow this guideline.

And, well, it's just common courtesy to not let yourself be carried in a party too. That's another reason you shouldn't run quests you can't clear.
MHGen Poison + Blast Damage Spreadsheets: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/163462-monster-hunter-generations/74201990
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Generations
  3. Hopefully, they could fix being screwed when you get disconnected mid hunt

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived