• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Generations
  3. Serious question: Are hunters a separate/sub-race of humans?
thepipboy 5 years ago#1
Would make sense, right? Not every human is capable of fighting monsters, which is why we have hunters in the first place. Or is something dumb and simple like "advanced training"?
Stop the incessant hunting of poor Kelbi.
NO ONE WANTS THEIR HORNS!
PhantomMoogle 5 years ago#2
I'm just waiting for your "Serious series, serious punch" against a monster
HUZZAH!
thepipboy 5 years ago#3
PhantomMoogle posted...
I'm just waiting for your "Serious series, serious punch" against a monster

I don't get it. I just like saying serious I guess.
Groadergreen 5 years ago#4
After reading some posts on these boards I would say that some hunters are definitely a race of sub-humans.

That wasn't the question?
GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE...
Limebeer 5 years ago#5
IIRC, Hunters are the descendants of genetically modified humans that the Ancients bred/created in order to fight monsters in the war between Humans and Elder Dragons.
.....in bed.
-All hail the magic pixel! HR28 MH3U, HR321 MH4U, HR100 MHGen
PhantomMoogle 5 years ago#6
Monsters range anywhere from wall level to small country level, I think it's safe to assume these aren't random guys in armour
HUZZAH!
MettanAtem 5 years ago#7
Limebeer posted...
IIRC, Hunters are the descendants of genetically modified humans that the Ancients bred/created in order to fight monsters in the war between Humans and Elder Dragons.

Or, to say it more simply, they're descended from, in a rather appropriate use of the term, superhumans.
thepipboy 5 years ago#8
MettanAtem posted...
Limebeer posted...

Or, to say it more simply, they're descended from, in a rather appropriate use of the term, superhumans.

I remember reading that theory. This is exactly why I asked, I just didn't know it was so popular.
TheLargeBoss 5 years ago#9
I'd say that humans don't have as many rights as Wyverians, which is why it's mostly Wyverians that hold governmental positions, and why only humans fight monsters.
thepipboy 5 years ago#10
TheLargeBoss posted...
I'd say that humans don't have as many rights as Wyverians, which is why it's mostly Wyverians that hold governmental positions, and why only humans fight monsters.

Then why are there humans doing non-hunting jobs?
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Generations
  3. Serious question: Are hunters a separate/sub-race of humans?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A