• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Generations
  3. I feel bad for being a casual

User Info: OrBNRGY

OrBNRGY
2 years ago#1
I like to take my Monster Hunter games slow but the problem with that is everybody is in such a hurry to get to the endgame again like every MMO these days.

I recently fell in love with Minecraft again, I love Pokemon Go, I' prepping myself so I can program a rasberry pi 3.

I feel like I don't have time for this game and Capcom went with a "sink or swim" mentality
^ the above is an Opinion! Please don't take it as a fact and please don't trigger me!

User Info: PraLiNeN

PraLiNeN
2 years ago#2
Server firsts!!! or wait..

I'm taking it slow as well, starting off with clearing all village quests as much as possible before urgent yet again(already did it in MHX).
EU 3DS FC: 4854-6643-6327
JP 3DS FC: 4742-5942-5327

User Info: barnnn

barnnn
2 years ago#3
Just play by yourself and take your time. No one's forcing you to get to the endgame quickly.

User Info: OrBNRGY

OrBNRGY
2 years ago#4
barnnn posted...
No one's forcing you

thanks
^ the above is an Opinion! Please don't take it as a fact and please don't trigger me!

User Info: LonelyDeicide

LonelyDeicide
2 years ago#5
Filthy Casual... Jk, I take my time with games too, gets me more bang for my buck. I don't see how people rush the game the first time through.
Vocalist, GreyAria

User Info: ekstrj

ekstrj
2 years ago#6
I guarantee you're not alone. There will always be people that have just picked up the game or are taking it as slow as you. For at least the next several months you should have no problem finding people to quest with regardless of how low you currently are in HR. And besides - taking it slow doesn't make you a casual.
3DS Friend Code: 4296-4276-3585
JPN 3DS Friend Code: 0447-5943-7997

User Info: LonelyDeicide

LonelyDeicide
2 years ago#7
ekstrj posted...
taking it slow doesn't make you a casual.

This cannot be said enough. Casual means you play your games on easy everytime and just put them away or sell them as soon as you beat them instead of dinking around and having 110% of the fun you can have with a game. At least, that's my understanding of it. Hardcore gamers tend to keep the games, but not always. They also tend to get the most they can out of a game and yes, playing with dead bodies in any game where you can play with the dead bodies counts as having fun. (looking at you AC4BF and Thief >->)
Vocalist, GreyAria

User Info: Shiya64

Shiya64
2 years ago#8
Yeah, I'm gonna take it slow too, since I'm dividing my time between this game and re-gearing up my monk in ffxiv.

I'll take my sweet damn time, thank you very much. >:)
RE + Fatal Frame +HM = Really. Weird. Dreams.
Whatev' you say, Mr. Anger Management

User Info: Kanon209

Kanon209
2 years ago#9
Dude it's a offline/multiplayer game i never played any Mh game online , okay one time only with friend and then the next thing i know is me soloing all the game franchise.

User Info: ChaosButterfly

ChaosButterfly
2 years ago#10
Don't feel bad for taking it slow. I am taking it much slower than my fiance. He is clearing Village 3 while I'm only in Village 2. I liking screwing around with all of the slaying/gathering quests and I even made it a goal to do all of the tutorial quests this time even though I pretty much know everything (outside of weapons and trapping with a cat).
It is perfectly okay to write garbage as long as you edit brilliantly. C. J. Cherryh
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter Generations
  3. I feel bad for being a casual
  • Topic Archived