Giving Deck Advice and Hosting Tournaments

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist
  3. Giving Deck Advice and Hosting Tournaments

User Info: Revan619

Revan619
1 year ago#1
Hello Peeps,

Just stopping by to let you know that I am back doing Legacy of the duelist content. Making profiles on various decks, how to build them and how to play them.

Started off with the meta to help the new comers catch up (pk fire, kozmo, monarchs and dracopals) but I will be releasing builds and tutorials for the more interesting decks as time goes on. Just did Red-Eyes with Blue-Eyes up next (with no alternative people really want help with this one) then maybe amorphage or cyber dragon. Put out a 40+ list of decks I have planned on twitter.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist 1.01 Deck Profiles: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxydIGVDdLNeUNRp_c86hYdHnVeg8whZo

I will also be going back to streaming in the new year via twitch and exporting to youtube after, so you are welcome to come play me or build decks with me. twitch.tv/revan619

Also I have a ps4 community for tournaments "YGO LoTD Tournament Community", going to be holding a prize tournament soon and will post a challonge link for signs ups. Be sure to join the community if you want in.

Feel free to message me on YT if you are looking for any help, advice or just someone to play who isnt going to quit (community is good to find people on to play too).

User Info: Sindur

Sindur
1 year ago#2
do think Konami will add some or all of the movie pack cards (which includes blue-eyes alternative white dragon) next month when the movie comes out theatrically in north america?
Xbox Live Gamertag: Sindur
PSN: Sindur

Revan619
1 year ago#3
Sindur posted...
do think Konami will add some or all of the movie pack cards (which includes blue-eyes alternative white dragon) next month when the movie comes out theatrically in north america?

I have a suspecion they will keep the game at least one format behind so people still buy the cards. I hope they will keep updating but no guarentee

User Info: KirynTheCleric

KirynTheCleric
1 year ago#4
New to the game, REALLY new to YGO deck building, not really looking for much on the PvP scene. Can I get general deck building tips, and suggestions for the following if possible:

Mage Deck (I have one going now, focused around spell tokens being built up all over the place)
Aqua/Sea Serpent Deck
Dragon Deck (hoping BEWD focus isn't going to be my go to build here)

Also, any idea which booster pack has Jar of Avarice? I have one already, was hoping I could use a second one on a first one used (I'm also hoping the card description only prevents the card from being used on itself when played, and you can use one on another one already played).
LoL/GW2 IGN: Zebraoracle
Gamefaqs: Where mods are allowed to break rules

User Info: gamer0191

gamer0191
1 year ago#5
So the three basic themes you've chosen are kinda hard right now since they're so broad. In yugioh recently, building decks around archetypes are probs your best bet. Mermails/Atlanteans iirc are good aqua/sea serpent monsters to play around with. I have no idea about mages TBH, even though i love spellcasters myself. and for dragons there are a bunch of archetypes going on.
in game you have blue eyes decks and red eyes decks are probs your two main ones. though for red eyes you'll have to buy the dlc which is bs IMO. you could also go for a synchro build based around the stardust dragon's incarnations or a galaxy eyes deck build (are those still viable???) or a malefic build (again i dunno how relevant these decks still are).
"...so Heroes are better since Noble Knights brick harder than than the third little piggy"

User Info: BaldwinGlendale

BaldwinGlendale
1 year ago#6
Hello, here are the decks I'd like to make. I know nothing about deckbuilding so bare with me please. If you have decklists, feel free to share :

_ Harpie Deck : Already made and playing one, it's really fun to play and I usually wreck the Duelist Challenge. Not sure if that's viable against OP meta decks though. My friend is building a Monarch Deck, he's gonna destroy me.

_ Vampire Deck : I copied Camulla's duelist challenge deck and made some modifications, but it's kinda slow atm.

_ Equip Deck : I always wanted to make a deck around this mechanic. For now I have Ben Kei for OTKs, Gearfried the Swordmaster, Gilford the Legend, etc. Any ideas for a good deck list ?

Those last ideas are based around single cards :

_ Dark Magician : I'd also to find a working deck around this legendary card. Especially one which uses Dark Magician Girl and Dark Paladin. Love these cards.

_ Legendary Fisherman : I like Mako Tsunami a lot, and when I saw Legendary Fisherman III, I knew I wanted to make a deck around it. I have A Legendary Ocean, Warrior of Atlantis, but that's a bit light for now.
3DS FC : 0533 - 4744 - 7097

Revan619
1 year ago#7
KirynTheCleric posted...
New to the game, REALLY new to YGO deck building, not really looking for much on the PvP scene. Can I get general deck building tips, and suggestions for the following if possible:

Mage Deck (I have one going now, focused around spell tokens being built up all over the place)
Aqua/Sea Serpent Deck
Dragon Deck (hoping BEWD focus isn't going to be my go to build here)

Also, any idea which booster pack has Jar of Avarice? I have one already, was hoping I could use a second one on a first one used (I'm also hoping the card description only prevents the card from being used on itself when played, and you can use one on another one already played).

You will have to forget all about 2004 combo card based yugioh as it is pretty much dead. There are very few decks left which are pure combo based and those that are around normally have one play and are pretty gimmicky.

Spellcaster decks one of the best is odd eyes magician. Pendulum type deck with good rank 7 players and access to avian spam.

Dragon deck wise there are a few good arch type but revival dragons and blue eyes are pretty amazing.

For looking for cards try the cardhub.net, I also have some of these previous mentioned decks on my channel or soon to be added to the channel.

BaldwinGlendale posted...
Hello, here are the decks I'd like to make. I know nothing about deckbuilding so bare with me please. If you have decklists, feel free to share :

_ Harpie Deck : Already made and playing one, it's really fun to play and I usually wreck the Duelist Challenge. Not sure if that's viable against OP meta decks though. My friend is building a Monarch Deck, he's gonna destroy me.

_ Vampire Deck : I copied Camulla's duelist challenge deck and made some modifications, but it's kinda slow atm.

_ Equip Deck : I always wanted to make a deck around this mechanic. For now I have Ben Kei for OTKs, Gearfried the Swordmaster, Gilford the Legend, etc. Any ideas for a good deck list ?

Those last ideas are based around single cards :

_ Dark Magician : I'd also to find a working deck around this legendary card. Especially one which uses Dark Magician Girl and Dark Paladin. Love these cards.

_ Legendary Fisherman : I like Mako Tsunami a lot, and when I saw Legendary Fisherman III, I knew I wanted to make a deck around it. I have A Legendary Ocean, Warrior of Atlantis, but that's a bit light for now.

Harpie can be a good rank 4 and rank 7 xyz deck, I had an old one but need to do an update.

Vampire and Equip are not really the best, there are many decks that use zombie and equips and it may be best just to focus on those.

Dark Magician isn't possible right now as the game stopped just before the dark illusion packs which has the dark magician support cards.

User Info: ssj954vegito

ssj954vegito
1 year ago#8
Revan619 posted...
Dark Magician isn't possible right now as the game stopped just before the dark illusion packs which has the dark magician support cards.

I wouldn't say impossible, while maybe not most of it's support got in, some helpful cards to make him possible did. I have a deck that does stall at times but has a decent success rate. If y'all want it to tweak for yourselves I can post it.
Proud to be EPic.
Time to go super saiyan!! https://gfycat.com/DisguisedHonorableImpala

Revan619
1 year ago#9
ssj954vegito posted...
Revan619 posted...

I wouldn't say impossible, while maybe not most of it's support got in, some helpful cards to make him possible did. I have a deck that does stall at times but has a decent success rate. If y'all want it to tweak for yourselves I can post it.

No Magician of dark illusion, Magician Girls, Dark Magic Expand, Dark Magic inheritance, Illusion magic, Magician Navigate, Eternal soul, dark magic veil, Ebon High Magician, Dark magicial circle or Magician's Rod.

Pretty confident you arnt building a viable dark magician deck without those cards that can keep up with tier 1 in this game :|

Welcome to prove me wrong if you can though (I would be fairly happy if you could), but I am assuming the most you will come up with is an odd eyes magician deck that techs dark magician to use Ebon Void Magician with a rank 7 toolbox.

User Info: ssj954vegito

ssj954vegito
1 year ago#10
Well it certainly isn't top tier but it's a semi usable foundation, of course I'm not the best deck builder either so there are others who can make it better.

I think I edited it recently and it worked better before but i it's current state it is:
Dark Magician x3
Dark M-Girl x2-3
Arnis, the Empowered Warrior x3
Defender the magical knight x3
E Hero Prisma x3
Legion the Fiend Jester x3
Magicians Robe x3
Bound Wand x2
One-Shot Wand x 2
Dark Magic Atack x3
Eye of Timaeus x3
Thousand Knives x2
Dark Renewal x3
Mirror Force x3
Magician of Black Chaos x1-2 cuz i liked him

It's been a while since I used it but it worked to an extent, I've been practicing lately so I can see a few clear holes right now but it'd take me some time to patch them up, one solution I thought of was using magical dimension, I get to summon any spellcaster in my hand and destroy a monster.
Proud to be EPic.
Time to go super saiyan!! https://gfycat.com/DisguisedHonorableImpala
  1. Boards
  2. Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist
  3. Giving Deck Advice and Hosting Tournaments

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived