• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist
  3. Hastily made Earthbound Immortal Deck.
Tbon110 6 years ago#1
So this was something I threw together pretty fast that focuses on deck thinning to draw out the Earthbounds with slight stall. It could be better, but it's been functioning well enough online.

Deck: 40

Monsters 23

3x Nimble Momonga
3x Giant Germ
3x Mystic Tomato
3x Hardened Armed Dragon
3x Perfomapal Hip Hippo
3x Earthbound Immortal Ccapac Apu
2x Earthbound Immortal Aslla Piscu
2x Battle Fader
1x Gorz Emissary of Darkness

Spells 12
3x The Monarchs Storm Forth
3x Terraforming
3x Mound of the Bound Creator
1x Seal of Orichalcos
1x Raigeki
1x Allure of Darkness

Traps 3
3x Fiendish Chain
2x Mirror Force

So pretty much the gist of it is to thin the deck and lay out tributes with Germ, Momonga, and Mystic Tomato. The Monarchs Storm Forth is just an infinitely better version of soul exchange that doesn't target (I don't use an extra deck anyway); it combos great with Hip Hippo, whose effect is to allow a tribute summon after its normal summon for a level 7 or higher monster. Goz and Battle Fader are just for stalling whenever I get a bad draw.

Hardened Armed Dragon is self explanatory in an Earthbound Deck, the reason for 5 of them being discard fodder for Allure and HAD's special summon. My choice of field spell is two fold, Mound of the Bound Creator is frickin' amazing: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Mound_of_the_Bound_Creator .

It's also two fold, even if it's destroyed and the Immortal is vulnerable to its own effect, isn't destroyed by the removal of the field spell. It also allows for quite a bit of burn damage with Ccapac Apu's effect, which can sometimes result in more damage than a direct attack. The 1 Seal is just for extra insurance. Piscu's there as a back up in case I haven't drawn Apu and for discard/banishing fodder. Standard Splash traps.

So does anybody have any insight as to how I could improve this deck or a different playstyle altogether with Earthbounds? The strategy is pretty much all or nothing on getting an Earthbound out. I've actually won more matches than I've thought with this deck, but I'm extremely reliant on top decking an Earthbound.
t_EphY 6 years ago#2
Mausoleum of the Emperor is the best Field Spell for Earthbound Immortals. It doesn't protect them, but it lets you Summon them much easier.
Tbon110 6 years ago#3
t_EphY posted...
Mausoleum of the Emperor is the best Field Spell for Earthbound Immortals. It doesn't protect them, but it lets you Summon them much easier.

If I do that I'll need to readjust for more spell/trap elimination. I know running a Malefic Stardust/Cyber wouldn't be a bad idea, but that's just a little more clutter.
Chanyeol 6 years ago#4
I made a Malefic/Earthbound Immortal hybrid deck earlier. It only used Chacu Challua though, but that's because it synergizes well with Malefics. I also used Tragoedia over Gorz because I always needed to have a field spell on at all times, so Gorz didn't end up working. Tragoedia is also level 10 so it is protected by Mound of the Bound Creator and could XYZ with the Earthbound Immortal or Malefic Cyber End Dragon for something like Gustav Max if I needed to.

After playtesting it a bunch, I've come to the conclusion that these decks don't really work because of the dependence on field spells. My hand was always clogged with field spells, and there were times I didn't have a field spell so I couldn't do anything. Also, it is insanely easy to destroy the field spell, along with your Earthbound Immortal. It is very fun to use something different like this though.
P4A: Akihiko, Injustice: Ares, JJBA: TBD
3DS FC: 3394-3786-6748
Tbon110 6 years ago#5
Chanyeol posted...
I made a Malefic/Earthbound Immortal hybrid deck earlier. It only used Chacu Challua though, but that's because it synergizes well with Malefics. I also used Tragoedia over Gorz because I always needed to have a field spell on at all times, so Gorz didn't end up working. Tragoedia is also level 10 so it is protected by Mound of the Bound Creator and could XYZ with the Earthbound Immortal or Malefic Cyber End Dragon for something like Gustav Max if I needed to.

After playtesting it a bunch, I've come to the conclusion that these decks don't really work because of the dependence on field spells. My hand was always clogged with field spells, and there were times I didn't have a field spell so I couldn't do anything. Also, it is insanely easy to destroy the field spell, along with your Earthbound Immortal. It is very fun to use something different like this though.

The ease of their destruction is why I used Mound. As stated before, it actually doesn't destroy the Earthbound somehow when it's destroyed, unless it's just a glitch. I totally forgot about Tragoedia, he'll be a good substitution for Gorz.
t_EphY 6 years ago#6
Tbon110 posted...
The ease of their destruction is why I used Mound. As stated before, it actually doesn't destroy the Earthbound somehow when it's destroyed, unless it's just a glitch.

Every week or two this game reveals even more stupidity.
  1. Boards
  2. Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist
  3. Hastily made Earthbound Immortal Deck.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A