• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: dragonkiss88

dragonkiss88
1 month ago#11
I liked the DQ9 Fan Balanced Version much better anyway. So when I do play it again that would be the one I play. No point in holding onto a physical copy of a game I'm never gonna play. What I really want is DQ5 & DQ6 for the DS. With any luck I'll be able to sell DQ9 for enough to buy at least 1 of them!
3DS Dragonkiss & FC: 1650-7227-0096 - Pokemon X, OR, AS & US ING Dragon
Switch Dragonkiss SW-6265-3643-9315 Pokemon Sword ING Dragon

dragonkiss88
1 month ago#12
I also have Dragon Quest Monster Joker. I'll have to see if that's selling for anything good while I'm at it, but I highly doubt it for that one.

User Info: Garetjax333

Garetjax333
1 month ago#13
@dragonkiss88 What is the fan balanced version?
The good ol' days never existed. It's the coverage of negative news that increased significantly. www.goodnewsnetwork.org
FFRK ID# GfRd Tyro DVG

dragonkiss88
1 month ago#14
@Garetjax333 It's really just a Patch that helps Re-Balance the game. This Patch really makes a huge difference! Things like making magic more useful, Changes some of the Vocation Spell Lists by moving some Spells around between Classes & Altering the Levels they are learned, Giving Fisticuffs a Bigger Attack Bonus which lowers the gap between Fisticuffs & Weapons, Changed/Varied ALL Weapons Critical Hit Rates giving Knives the highest Base Crit Rate, Increased Wands MP Absorption Rates, Changes to Enemy Resistance giving us more options/tactics during battle, and much more! This is just a few of the things posted in the Original Topic.

Here's the link to Original Topic Post:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/937281-dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies/76325259

&

Here's the link to Newest Topic Post:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/937281-dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies/77523302

A lot of things have been changed further since the Original Post from the Original Topic. You'll have to read thru (Or at least skim) the later posts to find out everything that was changed. Some things were changed back later, modified from the original changes, or changed several times based on feedback and testing. Overall this Patch Fixes & Re-Balances a large amount of content!

I've beaten Dragon Quest 9 twice now. The first time was the original game shortly after it was released. The second time was around 9-10 months ago playing this Patched version. I personally felt the Modded Version is 100% better than the Original/Official Version, but that's my personal opinion! I feel it makes the game a lot better. I had more fun during the Late & Post Game Playing the Patched Version compared to the Original/Official Version! If you check it out I hope you enjoy it.

User Info: Garetjax333

Garetjax333
1 month ago#15
Will do @dragonkiss88
Sounds like all pros and no cons to the patched version.
The good ol' days never existed. It's the coverage of negative news that increased significantly. www.goodnewsnetwork.org
FFRK ID# GfRd Tyro DVG

dragonkiss88
1 month ago#16
@Garetjax333 No problem, I'm glad to help. Sorry I forgot to post the Link for you to Download the Patch.

Here's the Link for you to download the Patch.
https://kevspace.net/patchworks/
(edited 1 month ago)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

How do I get into Alexandria Tower? General2 Answers
how do i beat (rhapthorne)? Enemy/Boss3 Answers
Magic Key chests? Side Quest2 Answers
Lost sight of Empryea's Shadow? Side Quest2 Answers
Cameron's Codex 022 Morrie's Minions help? Side Quest1 Answer