• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
  3. Are physical copies of this game rare?

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
1 month ago#11
mrHowlll posted...
How rare or common might Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 be? I am loving the monster collecting in DQ8.
Oh and for main story progress I just witnessed Marta be killed by Evil Sir Leopold.

Rare, but not very desired. There was a limited print run, but so far the spin-offs haven't seen massive spikes related specifically to other DQ releases. Just general price increases due to rarity alone.

It's not hard to find on ebay used, for original new price range, and new for around 50~60.

The main reason is SE and Nintendo chose the original game, but just prior to its release outside Japan, SE released the "professional" edition in Japan. This one fixed a number of issues with the original, mostly balance issues, and greatly expanded the roster. Given the release window, and that the text for the story is identical, they could have easily picked that version. Thus it's a less desirable game.

Though it is seeing more price hikes than say, Rocket Slime (which is a superb game with a VERY different gameplay experience from any other DQ spinoff, and very distinct from the main series).

Similarly with Joker 1. Though Joker 1 has well over double the circulation of Joker 2. Probably 4~5x the total circulation. There were so few copies of Joker 2 after the initial pre-orders were sold out.

So I'd say now is probably a good idea to get Joker 2, though note used copies have been consistently in the same price range for awhile. So if you want new, that will continue to go up naturally.
Life can be unexpected. Embrace and prepare for anything.

User Info: mrHowlll

mrHowlll
1 month ago#12
I plan on returning a game to gamestop tomorrow. Funny story I accidentally pre-ordered Prinny 1&2 twice.
If I see Monsters Joker 2 or 9 I'll pick them up. Also considering: Shadows of the Damned, Warriors Orochi 4, or Ace Attorney Investigations.
Smash MW: Klonoa, Sora, Dante, Krystal, & Ray 01 (Custom Robo)
I'd love to see a Bloody Roar 5 or Bloody Roar reboot for Nintendo Switch
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight
3 weeks ago#13
Perhaps if demand keeps increasing for DQ8, we can get a switch port of one of my favorite games. Then I have the possibility of playing it on a screen larger than a deck of cards again. The 3ds version has too many extras for me to play the original much anymore.

The digital version is available on Amazon for $40.00 at the moment, although I've never bought 3ds games digitally before.

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
3 weeks ago#14
ValiantKnight posted...
Perhaps if demand keeps increasing for DQ8, we can get a switch port of one of my favorite games. Then I have the possibility of playing it on a screen larger than a deck of cards again. The 3ds version has too many extras for me to play the original much anymore.

The digital version is available on Amazon for $40.00 at the moment, although I've never bought 3ds games digitally before.

I don't think they care or pay attention to those prices. The Zenithian trilogy has been fairly high, especially 6, for some time now. 6 has been over 50 used, and 100 new since September of 2016. Over 100 used since CV19. You'd think by 2018 at least, they would hint Zenithian Trilogy on the heels of Erdrick, for the Switch. I think it will happen, but this would indicate not because of demand for used, but more so to avoid oversaturation while keeping DQ consistently fresh in the media.
Life can be unexpected. Embrace and prepare for anything.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
  3. Are physical copies of this game rare?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

How do I get into Alexandria Tower? General2 Answers
how do i beat (rhapthorne)? Enemy/Boss3 Answers
Magic Key chests? Side Quest2 Answers
Lost sight of Empryea's Shadow? Side Quest2 Answers
Cameron's Codex 022 Morrie's Minions help? Side Quest1 Answer