• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
2 months ago#111
I have to remember to get a decent voltmeter, as well as a decent soldering station. Later...later.
Life can be unexpected. Embrace and prepare for anything.

behindtheword
1 month ago#112
So my brilliance is beyond measure.

Oops, meant to type in my first impressions of FF15 RE here, but suffice to say, I'm very disappointed with the supposed "filler" and "explanative" elements, along with the supposed "map/world extras to make it a real world, not an empty space."

Back to my enlightened self. Yes, yes *smokes pipe*...

So I've been having problems transferring my DQ3 save data to my new phone. Helium is the only program I've found that does this, but they've put in a new caveat to force payment: putting in cell phone id data, so the only cell phone that can see my saved file is the phone that made the backup. So I need to find some other program that is as effective as Helium, and is free (I'm not paying to transfer for a single game).

Now, in the process of this, I had no extra SDHC cards to use. I wasn't expecting my new phone to be as solid a piece of hardware as it is (it's obvious I can run DQ8 without issues, which means To the Stars and Tact if I want, along with other games that might interest me), so I didn't buy an extra. I instead borrowed my New 2DS card. I did not realize my New 2DS saved the Mario Kart game to that card, and ALL my settings, all my Extra Data, all my Street Pass data, and all the wallpapers I collected, including certain rare and limited time (for free anyway) wallpapers.

In the process of having this issue, I decided to reformat that memory card. Big mistake. I thought that was the issue. I didn't save my folder data to my computer first. So all of that is now gone. Genius level, I know, I know. I'm hoping Nintendo's online 3DS store keeps track of my system ID for everything digital I had on it. Or I'm in some serious trouble. I'll have to redo my Mario Kart times again. Probably not going to do that.

Ah well, my moment of shinning illumination for all the world to see.

I am hoping I'll find a program that does allow folder level transfers of data. I'd hate to start over when I have 3 MA, 3 Sage, 3 Thief with maxed stats (and MP at normal max, so 255~6 for the MA, 510~12 for the others, Hero around 560, as farming seeds of magic in the bonus dungeon is nightmarishly slow), and working on 3 Gadabouts. All with every ability...Gadabouts almost done with HP. That's a lot of time to lose. I guess if I have to shell out, I will.
(edited 1 month ago)

behindtheword
1 month ago#113
Ok, so I installed, then cleaned my DS Lite. I still need to do more thorough cleaning of the L and R buttons. I thought they were clean, but they behave like there's gunk around the actual button itself, and I didn't thoroughly check those small nodes on the board. The up button on the D-pad is iffy, not sure why, as the rubber pad is clean, the board contact is clean, and it should be making perfect contact. Maybe I should add something like a small dab of glue at the end to extend the point that presses into it the rubber, but I'd need to be careful about how much and how it's shaped.

Formatted my 128 GB card, but I forgot that FAT32 forces a hard cap of 2 and 4GB for files, depending on whether a device supports large files (not an issue with the 3DS). So I hope that won't become a problem with certain games that are 4GB.

Everything downloaded just fine though, so Nintendo does tie stuff everything to the system. At least I downloaded my Fantasy Life DLC to my New 3DS. Though I think it's time to crack both systems now. One has a 32GB, the other a 128, but that should be sufficient. It should be nice to have the full system unlocked. I wish Nintendo unleashed the New 3/2DS for normal 3DS games. Then marketed that feature. We'd probably see the 3DS last a bit longer.
(edited 1 month ago)

behindtheword
1 month ago#114
So I reopened my system again, this time to do an even more thorough cleaning of the L/R buttons on the board. Nothing I can do with general cleaning. I actually need some tools I don't have atm, to make it work, and they're not in my budget, but the reason why the L and R triggers stop working entirely, is due to oxidation of the plate that registers each button press.

For DSi (not sure on DSi XL), this will work, because Alcohol will actually remove some level of oxidation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVtXT5WxTQo

Now I could make that work by setting up my board upside down, and having each button sit in a small cap filled with alcohol, though I'd have to be extra careful of how the board rests on the cap (it can't, or that plastic will scratch the pathways, possibly ruining the system forever). So that's tricky. I'd also recommend a higher % of alcohol. 97+, but 93 would be better. The reason is residue from 91%, as it dries, due to the water and potential small mineral content in that water, as not every distillery will remove 100% of water, and not all alcohol brands use quality distilled water. If you know the sourcing and quality control, ok, sure, use a lower % (though I'd still recommend no lower than 90%).

Here's another method for how to remove that oxidation, though it's fairly tricky for anyone with shaky hands:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/kipmudzs-solution-to-malfunctioning-dslites-shoulder-buttons.335590/

behindtheword
1 month ago#115
Woodus, this post your forum keeps blocking me from posting, but won't say why. So clearly the forum post check is picking up something it finds "bad":

Anyway, the easy method, and this works for EVERYTHING, is:
  1. Unlock developer mode on both phones
  2. Plug both phones into the computer, select file transfer on both computer and phone. Or if it's confusing, plug in the old phone first.
  3. Go straight to the folder with the game, it shouldn't take too long to find it. Copy-paste the folder to either the same directory path in the NEW phone, or if plugging just one phone at a time, the computer desktop.
  4. If plugging in one phone at a time, plug in the NEW phone, and make sure to open up the same file path, then copy over the folder from the desktop.
It's done. Works like a PC when treating it like a bloomin' set of external harddrives.

behindtheword
1 week ago#116
Damn, the price is just skyrocketing for this game. Nintendo really should have printed up more copies.

DQ's 4~6 are going nuts as well.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

How do I get into Alexandria Tower? General2 Answers
how do i beat (rhapthorne)? Enemy/Boss3 Answers
Magic Key chests? Side Quest2 Answers
Lost sight of Empryea's Shadow? Side Quest2 Answers
Cameron's Codex 022 Morrie's Minions help? Side Quest1 Answer