• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Damon_cord

Damon_cord
1 year ago#71
No clue why they would cancel it considering its in the game, all the items are coded in the game, just not given out any other way.

User Info: Damon_cord

Damon_cord
1 year ago#72
Damon_cord posted...
No clue why they would cancel it considering its in the game, all the items are coded in the game, just not given out any other way.

And that's ignoring the fact it's coded to connect to the server, but the server says nothing is available yet.

User Info: Dakhil

Dakhil
1 year ago#73
behindtheword posted...
I personally believe it's such a small detail that Nintendo is more likely to just whitewash it, and maybe look into it (though I think with enough consumer pressure and especially if there's any media pressure/embarrassment they'll have to assure it's fixed) when they do their next maintenance on whatever part of their servers it's located on. Or wait until maybe Simplygon fixes it, assuming Simplygon is supposed to handle this, but I don't know if they are, and the Nintendo reps I've spoken to mentioned this as a potential pitfall. Though that could simply be a lack of info on their end and they're covering their asses, or simply what's present on their end says both Nintendo and Simplygon handled the localization process, but nothing else beyond that.

I thought Simplygon is a 3D computer graphics software that Square Enix used for the Nintendo 3DS version of Dragon Quest VIII, not a localisation company?

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
1 year ago#74
Dakhil posted...
behindtheword posted...
I personally believe it's such a small detail that Nintendo is more likely to just whitewash it, and maybe look into it (though I think with enough consumer pressure and especially if there's any media pressure/embarrassment they'll have to assure it's fixed) when they do their next maintenance on whatever part of their servers it's located on. Or wait until maybe Simplygon fixes it, assuming Simplygon is supposed to handle this, but I don't know if they are, and the Nintendo reps I've spoken to mentioned this as a potential pitfall. Though that could simply be a lack of info on their end and they're covering their asses, or simply what's present on their end says both Nintendo and Simplygon handled the localization process, but nothing else beyond that.

I thought Simplygon is a 3D computer graphics software that Square Enix used for the Nintendo 3DS version of Dragon Quest VIII, not a localisation company?

When you localize a game, you also require team members who worked on the game engine to assure the font changes, size orientation, etc. is done correctly and any minor tweaks necessary to the code to account for potential bug fixes or other code elements tied to text. On top of changing any code in the game itself to reflect the localization language to assure easier fixing or continued tweaking during beta testing (like special object/function call names if they used Japanese for them, and associated listings of said function/object calls elsewhere in the code, along with notes in the code related to what each function/object refers to). Alongside bug testing, etc.

So if Simplygon did the work on the game code during the localization process, then it stands to reason they might be responsible for handling the code that runs the server, and making sure it was tested and functioning.
FAQ status - DW3 GBC (97%), DQ4 DS (10%), DQ4 solo DS (60%), DQ5 DS (20%), DQ6 DS (85%), DQ7 3DS (10%), FF4 DS (47%)

User Info: ShiroKusanagi

ShiroKusanagi
1 year ago#75
I reached out to the DQvSteam community. Hopefully we can recruit them.
Have sword, will wander!

User Info: TaijutsuJoshua

TaijutsuJoshua
1 year ago#76
Tweekscute posted...
Is it possible Square cancelled the DLC and never told Nintendo? SO the info about it was posted because Nintendo THOUGHT the DLC was a thing? If so, then it's in their best interests to not admit that such a stupid goof occurred, right?

Dude. You're trying really hard to make Square look like the mastermind bad guy in all this. Please stop. Both companies are at fault. Maybe Ninty a little more since they run the servers apparently.
I love the Final Fantasy games. I despise the fanbase.
3DS FC: 4871-3749-9558

User Info: Tweekscute

Tweekscute
1 year ago#77
Ok, it was just a thought I had. And likely both are at fault. I just wonder what happened. I mean, they'd likely TELL us if it were just a glitch,m right?
Tweek: TWEEEK! Viggo: You always have to spoil the drama, you little twerp!

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
1 year ago#78
No response from Nintendo yet. No response from any media group or personality I tweeted to as of yet. If I hear nothing from Nintendo or the downloadable item system isn't fixed in the next few days, I'm going to call them come Monday, and make a follow up to this.
FAQ status - DW3 GBC (97%), DQ4 DS (10%), DQ4 solo DS (60%), DQ5 DS (20%), DQ6 DS (85%), DQ7 3DS (10%), FF4 DS (47%)

User Info: Amiibro

Amiibro
1 year ago#79
If nothing happens next week then i imagine it's nver going to happen.

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
1 year ago#80
Amiibro posted...
If nothing happens next week then i imagine it's nver going to happen.

One month is usually a safe bet...
Then let some hell loose for their incompetence.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.
  • Topic Archived