• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
2 years ago#1
SE makes the decisions on what happens with content in DQ releases, not Nintendo. That said, we need to use both avenues.

So apparently the US and EU sites initially discussed the daily download feature. The US site pulls the page about a week prior to release, while the EU site kept it up until either yesterday or today.

It could be they're having technical issues, or it could be that SE, who would run/maintain those servers, decided it's not priority, and is trying to clean up the mess by requesting Nintendo pull any data on it. It's bad enough that Dragon Quest VII released with two glaring bugs, one game ending if triggered and saved over. No patches, but at least we figured out workarounds. This however, is a feature that was used to help advertise the game. This is something we were promised that is part of the game, and really amounts to unlock codes to unlock items in the game itself, but that are only accessible through either cheat devices, hacking the game, or this download feature.

We should at least get an answer as to the status.

Like with all campaigns, all responses must be handled with a level head, a business-esque perspective, and respectful language.

Submit tickets to SE through the iOS/Android support ticket portal:

https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=9921&la=1

- Category "Game Content"
- Sub-Category "Gameplay"
- Contact Details "DQVIII 3DS doesn't have its DLC"
- Click "Next"
- Click "Proceed to Email Support"

- Make sure to mention this is for the 3DS version, and that due to all Nintendo handled releases on the DS, we know full well SE handles what happens and it's their game anyway, so they SHOULD take some measure of responsibility to assure this is there.

Example (please write your own, it works better if it has that personal touch):

Dear SE support,

Dragon Quest VIII for Nintendo 3DS does not have a support page, despite this being your game, so I am left with this option to send any support. Due to how all DQ games have been handled, in terms of online content, when Nintendo produces the game in the NA/EU regions, I am well aware that it is your company that handles online content, and what is/isn't distributed. This game was sold on the fact it has an online daily item reward feature, where we connect to Nintendo run servers to get a free item. This is a feature new to the 3DS version I was looking forward to utilizing. Recently all information on both Nintendo websites has been pulled concerning the existence of this feature, but you cannot hide this feature exists because the game still has the function in the menu system. It still attempts to connect.

I, and all other players, are well aware that this feature only sends unlock codes for items already present in game, and I, for having paid money for this game, would like to see a feature that costs literally nothing, due to the size of packets being so small all ISPs in every country for the past 15 years, just write off and ignore as it costs them nothing to upload, restored. Please restore this. I, and the entire NA and EU fanbase, due to DQVC, are DQMJ2 experience, are well aware it is your company that decides this. This is unacceptable to turn this feature off, as it should be a simple thing to apply and assure runs smoothly. It should not be an issue.

Please restore the daily DLC content. Thank you, we know you want to support DQ in the West, and we want to see you succeed. Help us help you.

For Nintendo, two phone numbers:

1) Toll-free General Service Phone number: 1-855-877-9099

2) Toll-free Customer Service number: 1-800-255-3700

I'm not sure which is better, but I imagine the 1-800 number.

UPDATE: According to Nintendo, call SE: 1-858-790-7529
FAQ status - DW3 GBC (97%), DQ4 DS (10%), DQ4 solo DS (60%), DQ5 DS (20%), DQ6 DS (85%), DQ7 3DS (10%), FF4 DS (47%)

User Info: karmaepsilon

karmaepsilon
2 years ago#2
Relevant Twitter Accounts as it's bad PR to get called out en masse on Twitter these days (no seriously, because it's public it has a huge impact on image)
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica
https://twitter.com/SquareEnix
Bonus Points: The Square Enix account even retweeted the DQ8 release day information making it look pretty bad for them
FE Fates Castle Address: 03832-48902 82020-67180 Hoshido Kid focus when Hoshido is up and when Nohr is up focus is on royals
3DS Friend Code: 4725-9198-8412

behindtheword
2 years ago#3
karmaepsilon posted...
Relevant Twitter Accounts as it's bad PR to get called out en masse on Twitter these days (no seriously, because it's public it has a huge impact on image)
Bonus Points: The Square Enix account even retweeted the DQ8 release day information making it look pretty bad for them

Could you link to the tweet so it would be easy to retweet or link in a tweet covering this? I don't have a cell phone atm.
FAQ status - DW3 GBC (97%), DQ4 DS (10%), DQ4 solo DS (60%), DQ5 DS (20%), DQ6 DS (85%), DQ7 3DS (10%), FF4 DS (47%)

karmaepsilon
2 years ago#4
behindtheword posted...
karmaepsilon posted...

Could you link to the tweet so it would be easy to retweet or link in a tweet covering this? I don't have a cell phone atm.

They retweeted this one: https://twitter.com/DragonQuest/status/822455162853793796
FE Fates Castle Address: 03832-48902 82020-67180 Hoshido Kid focus when Hoshido is up and when Nohr is up focus is on royals

behindtheword
2 years ago#5
Damn, there's nothing in that tweet that specifically refers to it. Not that it matters, the game does have the feature and option. I wonder if wayback machine has anything to say about this...nope.

Ok, so after having a long conversation with SE and Nintendo:

1) Nintendo says SE handles it.

2) SE says this time, unlike the DS releases, they have literally NO documentation about the game at all. This means this time Nintendo really did take the burden, or at least that's what it appears to be, and thus the main responsible party is now up in the air as neither party will handle their end, and only Nintendo offers support that they won't acknowledge.

I'm inclined to believe SE this time.

According to the guy, if I speak to Nintendo again, to get some information on what Nintendo wants SE to do, as they have no information on where the server is, what the game is classified as, how to access it, etc. Just to know how to proceed.

So I'll more than likely call up SE later on.

Apparently the way Nintendo now contracts out for publishing is they handle all the support and everything else. This was done this way for Bravely Second, according to the SE support rep.

The same seems to be with DQ7, in that they have literally no info, and any patches for that game would be, legally, entirely handled by Nintendo.

3) My main reason for believing this time it's Nintendo's responsibility is the legalese indicates Nintendo is handling both games entirely, at least as far as maintenance. This is probably why the DS games had SE support tickets despite Nintendo publishing (6, 9, Joker 2), but the 3DS games do not (7 and 8).

So it's time to call back Nintendo and get some more info, or at least get a more thorough conversation going. For now I need to eat.

karmaepsilon
2 years ago#6
behindtheword posted...
Damn, there's nothing in that tweet that specifically refers to it. Not that it matters, the game does have the feature and option. I wonder if wayback machine has anything to say about this...nope.

Ok, so after having a long conversation with SE and Nintendo:

1) Nintendo says SE handles it.

2) SE says this time, unlike the DS releases, they have literally NO documentation about the game at all. This means this time Nintendo really did take the burden, or at least that's what it appears to be, and thus the main responsible party is now up in the air as neither party will handle their end, and only Nintendo offers support that they won't acknowledge.

I'm inclined to believe SE this time.

According to the guy, if I speak to Nintendo again, to get some information on what Nintendo wants SE to do, as they have no information on where the server is, what the game is classified as, how to access it, etc. Just to know how to proceed.

So I'll more than likely call up SE later on.

Apparently the way Nintendo now contracts out for publishing is they handle all the support and everything else. This was done this way for Bravely Second, according to the SE support rep.

The same seems to be with DQ7, in that they have literally no info, and any patches for that game would be, legally, entirely handled by Nintendo.

3) My main reason for believing this time it's Nintendo's responsibility is the legalese indicates Nintendo is handling both games entirely, at least as far as maintenance. This is probably why the DS games had SE support tickets despite Nintendo publishing (6, 9, Joker 2), but the 3DS games do not (7 and 8).

So it's time to call back Nintendo and get some more info, or at least get a more thorough conversation going. For now I need to eat.

Ooh that's good to know who to focus on (but also probably not a bad idea to let Square know Nintendo is messing with Western trust in their game)

behindtheword
2 years ago#7
Could a few people do me some favours, and upload or link to this to the facebook groups for DQ, the DQ reddit, neogaf, and woodus.com?

Please don't be a smartass and tell me to do it yourself. I can't load up facebook at the moment, I don't feel like making an account on neogaf, I don't want to make a reddit account just for this, and I do not post on dragon's den anymore.

You want this stuff up and running too? You should. I'm not saying to get angry, but I am saying to put a foot in the line of duty that we, as DQ fans, should be treated with respect. A feature is advertised, it costs nothing to run, it's part of the game, and again, whatever you might think, this literally costs them nothing, not even pennies on the dollar, it's a write-off due to the packet sizes being so insanely small. If you don't understand the costs of servers, upload charges, how internet pricing and charges work, maintenance costs, or have any direct experience, try not to rationalize it by pretending to. Or size ratios and how much space certain programs can take on a server system versus other programs. I don't feel like explaining it, but this actually does cost Nintendo $0 to put up then run and maintain indefinitely.

You should want this to be up and running as much as I do.

behindtheword
2 years ago#8
karmaepsilon posted...

Ooh that's good to know who to focus on (but also probably not a bad idea to let Square know Nintendo is messing with Western trust in their game)

Oh DEFINITELY. I completely agree. This needs to be handled by both, and the more information between both parties the better. Could also help with future releases and how they handle contracts, especially for Dragon Quest.

karmaepsilon
2 years ago#9
I don't have accounts in half those places but I'll put it where i can

User Info: tw1g_007

tw1g_007
2 years ago#10
To be honest I am a little glad for the DLC screw up lol. I just have no time to play 8 at the moment due to college priorities. I'm hoping everything gets squared out by May which would be perfect timing.
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd AGGL Legend. I am one of the main reasons Bushido Gunlancing exists today on MHX. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.
  • Topic Archived