• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: sHARN345

sHARN345
2 years ago#11
The heck are you guys talking about? I'm looking at a chat box on the top screen and the text looks just fine to me.
"If He Wasn't Such A Likable old Soul, I'd Have to Re-educate The Tar Out Of Him."

User Info: T0ffee

T0ffee
2 years ago#12
sHARN345 posted...
The heck are you guys talking about? I'm looking at a chat box on the top screen and the text looks just fine to me.

Might be an issue depending on which 3ds you have. I have a N3DS XL, and the text is kinda blurry. Still readable, but it sorta looks like the resolution is off a bit.
"Splashing water on a pervert is like putting lasers on a shark" - Shiho Shishido
| FC: 2707-2635-3369 | IGN: Toffee (Moon) / Caramel (Sun) |

User Info: Silentrob69

Silentrob69
2 years ago#13
Yea, i'm playing on a new 3ds xl and it looks very blurry to me. Not ruining the experience by any means, but very annoying, even more so than the slowdown in 7. The combat is also quicker to load and the battles seem to go by at a quicker pace in 7. 8 still rocks though.

User Info: sHARN345

sHARN345
2 years ago#14
Oh, well Im playing on a regular 3DS.
"If He Wasn't Such A Likable old Soul, I'd Have to Re-educate The Tar Out Of Him."

User Info: RhetoricalDream

RhetoricalDream
2 years ago#15
Yeah, it looks pretty blurry on a regular 3DS too. You can see in screenshots taken at native resolution that the font just isn't very good.

User Info: Sword_of_Dusk

Sword_of_Dusk
2 years ago#16
You can notice really blurry text when buying weapons and armor.
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over.

User Info: Silentrob69

Silentrob69
2 years ago#17
Yea, its really getting on my nerves the more I play it. I'm not usually one to nitpick, but this sucks. The slowdown in 7 was forgivable because it happened infrequently, but this game is full of text and it's right in your face at all times. If this wasn't a problem in the japanese version, then what the heck happened here?!

User Info: CronoDyne

CronoDyne
2 years ago#18
RhetoricalDream posted...
Yeah, it looks pretty blurry on a regular 3DS too. You can see in screenshots taken at native resolution that the font just isn't very good.

It's really upsetting they screwed up ANOTHER localization. I was really looking forward to this.

And it's annoying people continue to deny this. They did the same thing with DQ VII's obvious slowdown, saying it doesn't exist and everyone else is crazy or lying.
Check out my full 40 level SMM game in the link below
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/OmegaDyne

User Info: jayare55

jayare55
2 years ago#19
Silentrob69 posted...
Why is the text so unbelievably blurry in this game? The text on the bottom screen isnt bad but the chat text is garbage. It makes my eyes hurt reading this crap. Is there any way they can fix this? Someone told me turning the 3d on helps but that hardly seems like a good solution.

I just played the game.
I've been complaining about this a lot on other forums actually, but almost no one cares :O

Here are screens I got for everyone to see:

https://s5.postimg.org/q9wqxy807/DQ8_blurry_screenshots.png

It is literally like someone applied "motion blur" in photoshop.

The lack of interest from others is making me ragequit this release entirely. I want to either sell it or give it for free to a friend I have who wants it.
Either that, or we complain to Square Enix and request that it be updated!
If it is updated, it would be worth it because this 3DS version has a lot of fixes, EXCEPT the font is bad. That's the only thing I have a problem with besides lame camera control.

How would we be able to get Square Enix to notice this very obvious problem though?

User Info: Nabiki_Tendo

Nabiki_Tendo
2 years ago#20
I have pretty bad eye sight and I cant see any blurry text in the game it looks perfectly fine for me
AC New leaf Dream adress: 6D00-0011-18C5
  • Topic Archived