• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  3. On the final boss, looking for end-game grinding help (spoilers)

User Info: chang3ling

chang3ling
2 months ago#1
So last night I finally reached what will be the final boss; I'm at 99.6 % map completion (the only secret boss I've done so far is Millionare's Bane).

So, a few questions:

1.) What's the best way to farm gold?
2.) Right now I'm using the Rhava Velar, Demon's Horns, Coronation Gown, Over the Rainbow, and various accessories (depends on what I'm farming, in battle I tend to use 2 Traverser's Ring). What's kinda generally the best armor (I know weapon varies on playstyle).
3.) I've seen around that there's a second Weighted Ring but can't seem to pin it down? Is there or not?

I know I need to farm an Alchemy Shard so I can better farm materials, so leveling to 60+ and getting that is my next step before Bael...
~Prepare the laser beam. We're gonna use it tonight.
Engage the laser beam. It's gonna end your life.
(edited 2 months ago)

chang3ling
2 months ago#2
So I found some old posts about the gold farming; will work on that.
I also saw some info about turning Passive Shards into Skill Shards; will they show up on the list with the other Skill Shards? I'm on Version 1.03 (I think, I haven't checked, but I have updates on and it did an update when I installed). Are Passive Skill Shards still bugged? Were they ever? It seemed to be conflicting in the thread I was reading.

chang3ling
2 months ago#3
So, I got most of my original questions figured out. However, I have a question on the Passive Skill Shards.

I have Augment Gold set ON at 9/9 and I seem to get both bonuses. I have Sword Expertise at 9/9 set to ON, but when I equip a different Passive I lose some attack power. Do you get a double bonus if you have it equipped and set to ON?

Also: I got Eu's Sword 32bit last night; it does like 4x damage per hit over Rava Velar, though Rava does hit 3 times and seems to be faster. Is it fair to say that Rava is still better?

User Info: MasterJG

MasterJG
2 months ago#4
chang3ling posted...
I have Augment Gold set ON at 9/9 and I seem to get both bonuses. I have Sword Expertise at 9/9 set to ON, but when I equip a different Passive I lose some attack power. Do you get a double bonus if you have it equipped and set to ON?

Also: I got Eu's Sword 32bit last night; it does like 4x damage per hit over Rava Velar, though Rava does hit 3 times and seems to be faster. Is it fair to say that Rava is still better?

Yes, if you're at R9/G9 and you equip that same Passive with the Skill Shard ON, you are essentially doubling its effects. It's a really good idea to do this with Augment LCK as your standard unless you are farming Gold or taking on a boss (Optimizer is good for fights).

Rhava Velar has really weak damage per hit but chews enemies to bits with 4x hit per swing. It outdamages pretty much every other weapon in the game.

The most powerful weapons in the game like the 32-bit Deathbringer or Ukonvasara put out enough damage to be comparable with a better hit box. Eternal Blue is up there with those two, but the extra thunder hit that has a small paralyzing effect with Ukonvasara kind of inches it out over the Eternal Blue. With Greatsword Expertise + Optimizer as Skill Shards on, your attack speed makes them worth using over the Rhava in my opinion. The Andromeda and Amibvalence Whips are fun to use as well.

Once you get Standstill Shard, you can spend an hour or so maxing out all of your weapon techniques, and then using the Valkyrie Sword's special technique (down down attack) is a lot of fun and probably the best thing you can do weapon-wise in the game. I started a NG+ at L99 with 100% completion and I found it way more fun to use the Valkyrie Sword with it's technique over anything else, but at that point you can one-shot almost anything anyway. To clarify, you need to have mastered all other weapon techniques to use it.
(edited 2 months ago)

chang3ling
2 months ago#5
Ugh, I haven't even started trying to craft all the weapons. I spent last night Shard farming and maxing a bunch of the Passives and finishing up all the quests.

MasterJG posted...
Yes, if you're at R9/G9 and you equip that same Passive with the Skill Shard ON, you are essentially doubling its effects. It's a really good idea to do this with Augment LCK as your standard unless you are farming Gold or taking on a boss (Optimizer is good for fights).

LCK for the Crit?
So would Lethality Ring (or whichever one gives bonus Crit damage) be better than Traversal/Silver Power/Gold Power?
Why would Optimizer be better than Sword/Whatever Expertise?

User Info: firedraco2

firedraco2
2 months ago#6
LCK for item drops.

Idk if going Lethality Ring is better than the power rings; haven't tried them.

Optimizer just gives more attack, period.
Well when I asked this one cute girl out during lunch, I got laughed at because I was wearing this ridiculous cape called the Ebisu Rainment. -NeoseekerDarkKn

User Info: MasterJG

MasterJG
2 months ago#7
chang3ling posted...
Ugh, I haven't even started trying to craft all the weapons. I spent last night Shard farming and maxing a bunch of the Passives and finishing up all the quests.

MasterJG posted...

LCK for the Crit?
So would Lethality Ring (or whichever one gives bonus Crit damage) be better than Traversal/Silver Power/Gold Power?
Why would Optimizer be better than Sword/Whatever Expertise?

Luck for Shard farming and drop farming. If you're not beating up a boss, you want to maximize your Shard/Drop rates as much as possible. Using the Valkyrie gear is your best bet there, so if you don't have that yet, it's worth your time to go track them down.

If Shard farming, Solomon's Ring + Gambler's Ring (or two Solomon's Rings on NG+) and 2x Plunderer's Rings for drop farming. But Luck is tied directly to both, so equipping Augment LCK on top of the Skill Shard is what you want pretty much all the time. Even for the (semi) secret boss fights (Master Carpenter, Millionaire's Bane, Revenant, 8-bit Overlord) since they all have Shards and drops. BUT, Luck also directly impacts crits, so yes to that too, haha.

Silver and Gold Power Rings are probably your best bet for a power build. They both provide nice boosts; Silver maxes out its boost at 10K kills, and Gold at 1mil carried cash. Anything else is meh. I don't think using the Lethality Ring over these gives you a more tractable output, but if you're fond of crits, you could use it, I suppose.

Optimizer is the ultimate Expertise Shard. It functions the exact same way as any of the individual Expertise Shards, only it applies it to every weapon in terms of damage boost and attack speed. I mean, you'll get the same effect if you double up on the Expertise Shard for whatever weapon you are currently using, but you can switch around to any weapon using Optimizer without having to be specific or worry about it. It's really only worth switching out for on a true boss fight, though - it's in your best interest to keep Augment LUCK equipped any other time.
(edited 2 months ago)

chang3ling
2 months ago#8
MasterJG posted...
Luck for Shard farming and drop farming. If you're not beating up a boss, you want to maximize your Shard/Drop rates as much as possible. Using the Valkyrie gear is your best bet there, so if you don't have that yet, it's worth your time to go track them down.

Makes sense. I found the body piece, I guess I missed others.

MasterJG posted...
Silver and Gold Power Rings are probably your best bet for a power build. They both provide nice boosts; Silver maxes out its boost at 10K kills, and Gold at 1mil carried cash. Anything else is meh. I don't think using the Lethality Ring over these gives you a more tractable output, but if you're fond of crits, you could use it, I suppose.

Gonna be a while before I have those maxed :P I have some 6k kills and just over 500k gold. Right now the Traverser's is better.
As for Lethality, if you can guarantee more crits via high LCK and Augment LCK, and right now I can get 101~ish LCK (I don't remember the exact number) in my non-farming/non-LCK set (this involves using the high-LCK book from OD) I see a LOT of crits. Crits are what, 50? % damage boost? So a hit for 100 would do 150. That seems like a pretty fair boost, especially if you boost it further with Lethality Rings. I dunno, someone mathier can probably figure it out.

MasterJG posted...
Optimizer is the ultimate Expertise Shard. It functions the exact same way as any of the individual Expertise Shards, only it applies it to every weapon in terms of damage boost and attack speed.

I'll have to look later; I know initially I was getting bigger boosts from specific Expertise Passives, but that was before I got them all to 9/9. That was also probably before I figured out that how many Shards you have increased the bonus, where Rank just increased the thing it said, so I was selling off anything I wasn't using down to 1 Shard.

Edit: huh. The FAQ says the Valkyrie stuff is DLC, but I don't have the DLC lol.
(edited 2 months ago)

chang3ling
2 months ago#9
So i just did a quick test.
Same gear, changing out rings.
2x Lethality I crit for 187.
1 Lethality 1 Traverser I crit for 186.
2x Traverser I crit for 183.
I guess it's kinda sixes, depends on how often you crit.
This was with Rava Velar.

Edit: also, I just grabbed the Valkyrie Tiara. Not sure the FAQ is right on those being DLC.
(edited 2 months ago)

chang3ling
2 months ago#10
So, some final notes:
- Apparently the secret bosses can just be face-tanked in seconds by Lv64 with most of the good Passives upgraded to Skill Shards at 9/9. This includes OD.
- Holy s***, we get every library book after defeating OD.
- Apparently I only needed the 8-bit Coin version of every weapon to fill the item list. Oh well, now I have all the 32-bit Coin versions. Thanks 2x Alchemy Shard 9/9.
- I'm missing a Sword under Bloodbringer. I'm hoping it's not the Valkyrie Sword since, again, the FAQs say DLC and I didn't purchase DLC. Not looking forward to grinding all the Techniques.
- It's a fun game, but I dunno if I'm down for NG+.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  3. On the final boss, looking for end-game grinding help (spoilers)
  • Post New Message