• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
1 month ago#41
Provokt posted...
What am I missing about guns? I have Culvern or whatever it's called. Gunslingers hat and scarf. Semi-ranked Gun Mastery shard. Hit like a truck, but the recovery frames are bad.

Same thing you'd do with a Greatsword to solve that - Attack while in the air and/or use a near maxed out Optimizer/Expertise.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
1 month ago#42
Provokt posted...
What am I missing about guns? I have Culvern or whatever it's called. Gunslingers hat and scarf. Semi-ranked Gun Mastery shard. Hit like a truck, but the recovery frames are bad.

Guns are undoubtedly amazing against bosses but for general stages for the most part they are just okay as melee weapons generally are more flexible and do not require a consumable to be in any way competent
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)

Fairycancel
1 month ago#43
Also, the people saying that we have to put greatsword in the balance with multiple factors.... it simply got everything. It got safety, it got insane power, it can hit all around you, it gets boosted by shards even further. Attack speed equipment is extremely notisable with the greatsword, etc. It can even hit many pesky floating enemies that other weapons would despise. This includes most of the last bosses.

Yes, techs are s*** but the weapon could have none and it would still be one of the best set ups in the game by far. Use clones with GS and see how many weapons can actually outdamage it.
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: EmblemLord

EmblemLord
1 month ago#44
Might remake after the patch.

But as I said my tier list is essentially overall usefulness from the time you FIRST get your hands on the weapon to actual end game.

GS are mostly meh till late game, but then there are outliers that are AMAZING!.

@Fairycancel It is hard for me to take you seriously considering you called Iga an idiot. He is one of the most beloved, innovate create minds the videogame industry has ever known. And yet he made some decisions you did not like so you imply he has an IQ in the double digits?

Think before you type and stop being immature.
The journey begins anew

Fairycancel
1 month ago#45
Whatever floats your boat. I already explained that post and I can't care less for what you think of me. You can be good at one thing and be horrible at another. It's imposible to be perfect. Specially when teaching an old dog new tricks.

Keep being a fanboy thou. Not that it matters, just don't pretend that he is an infallible paragon excempt from any critism. I may sound harsh but I explained my post already(again)

Eitherway, your list is incredibly short sighted and for the huge wall of text you created it's surprising just how off it is. You failed to take to account variables, type of enemies and bosses aswell as sinergies that can be found in game. For you to say that the greatsword is just meh is hilarious considering that it completely breaks pretty much every stage, in particular if you use deathbringer as it can be boosted by fire rings and that damage boost is almost as big as a full powered silver power ring which is the best melee damage boost for most playthroughs if maxed(there are better but they are more troublesome). That's not even counting that the fire boost is one of the best offensive options considering that fire spells are still one of the best if not the best damage dealers in the game.

Hell, even not taking to account deathbringer, the traits of the weapon itself makes it good no matter what.
(edited 1 month ago)

Fairycancel
1 month ago#46
Synergies*

User Info: EmblemLord

EmblemLord
1 month ago#47
Then make your own list?

Iga has left his mark in videogame history.

And ultimately he has your money, soooooooo..yeah.

The post itself just shows how spoiled and entitled you are.

And if you don't care what I think, why are you posting in my thread?

Are you sure Iga is the idiot in this scenario?
The journey begins anew
(edited 1 month ago)

Fairycancel
1 month ago#48
EmblemLord posted...
Then make your own list?

Iga has left his mark in videogame history.

And ultimately he has your money, soooooooo..yeah.

The post itself just shows how spoiled and entitled you are.

And if you don't care what I think, why are you posting in my thread?

Are you sure Iga is the idiot in this scenario?

I did and I can go wherever I want to. I'm neither spoiled nor entitled. I paid for the product and I can critisize it as I see fit just like I can do the same for your garbage list xD. Afterall, this is an open forum. You don't want people that have a different view than you to post then frankly don't post at all lol. Notice how I was nice for the most part until you started being a b**** for no reason whatsoever, defending a man that doesn't need your protection nor that will ever notice you. I can't be more clear with the intent of my comments by now so either keep b****ing or just stay quiet. Eitherway, I don't care but your b****ing is atleast entertaining for a little bit.

Also, why be on gamefaqs at all if not for the discussions of games? A good topic doesn't become worse because of a short sighted first post. One just needs a topic that interest you in order to theme it worthy of discussion. Specially a topic like this that warrant debate. Too bad certain people get stuck on small details, oh well.

Frankly, you are acting awfully childish right now
(edited 1 month ago)
  • Post New Message