• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: EmblemLord

EmblemLord
1 month ago#1
This is the stuff we love doing. It's all about that min/max. What can be abused to the fullest and why.

This tier list just goes off weapon techniques, the actual selection of weapons, hitbox data, and range. How the weapons interact with shards such as Optimizer will not be a factor in the tier list. Frankly if you max out all relevant shards and use the right equipment then all weapons can be considered top tier, with the exception of one or two weapon types. First the tier list and then the explanations. This tier list assumes that players are using advanced tech such as backdash cancel.

God Tier - Rhava Velar, Grand Izayoi, Valkyrie Blade, Guns (Bullets) (Possibly Bandit Blade and Oracle Blade)
Top Tier - Swords/Maces, Katanas, Whips, Guns(No Bullets)
High Tier - Boots, Greatswords/Axes/Staffs
Mid Tier - Spears/Lances
Low Tier - Rapiers, Knives

Explanations

God Tier - All these weapons have unique properties that let them be incredibly safe and/or incredibly destructive. Rhava Velar is this game's Crissaegrim. Grand Izayoi is a katana that gets stronger the more blood you drink with Blood Steal. You have access to all the amazing katana techs as well. Jinrai especially is nuts. Full bottom screen coverage for massive damage. Valkyrie Blade is a sword that has one of the best hidden techs in the game. It is a massive leaping slash, the same attack Miriam does when she does a parry. Guns with bullets is the ultimate in safety and range abuse. You really should have a Gun loadout if only just for boss encounters. Bandit Blade is a sword with another amazing unique tech. It is Alucard's Teleport Slash basically and is fully invincible throughout the duration of the move. Oracle Blade does not have a normal attack, but flies across the screen straight ahead and then returns. The blade has a hitbox the entire time even when returning to Miriam.

Top Tier - Swords/Maces are good techs and good weapon selection. Katanas are slightly worse in terms of range and weapon selection, but they have the best techs in the game. Whips are great. Long recoil, but land cancel takes care of that. Whips have a great hitbox that extends 180 degrees from front to back. Ambivalence is one of best bit coin weapons as it gives early access to a holy weapon. Andromeda is amazing in the endgame, because it will extend it's range to strike enemies that are below or slightly in front of Miriam. Guns without bullets is self explanatory.

High Tier - Boots give access to techs that can be used in the air. You can attack pretty relentlessly with no need for cancelling unless you are dodging an attack. Final weapon Hell's Knells is dark element which is ugh. Overall weapon selection is not great. Greatswords are overall nice, just a little slow. Amazing hitbox and weapon selection for different elements. Techs are bad. Need shards to fully maximize unfortunately. Still their damage just cannot be ignored. Cannot land cancel. Master backdash cancel to bring out their full potential.

Mid Tier - Spears/Lances have a solid weapon selection, but average techs and above average hitboxes. Sanjiegun is probably high tier because it's tech is great, but overall this weapon class is pretty run of the mill all things considered.

Low Tier - Knives and Rapiers have some good things, but it's not enough. Overall weapon selection for both types is meh. Knives have speed, but poor hitboxes/range. With advanced techniques/movement their attack speed means basically nothing. They have amazing techs however. But they are not abusive until mid game once you have more MP and higher MP regen. Rapiers have more range then knives but abysmal techs.

Could not go as in-depth as I wanted due to character limits, but I think I touched on the important parts.
Personally I love whips. Lots of crowd control and very safe. Only one tech, but it's one of the best in the game with a crazy hitbox. I pretty much ran whips the entire game until I got Rhava Velar.
The journey begins anew

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
1 month ago#2
The worst part about Rapiers:

Starting: "Oh, I'm going to master all the techniques so that I can use them on any Rapier"

5 minutes after mastering a few: "HOW DO I UN-MASTER THOUSAND BLOSSOMS?!"
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: Flash2Beasley

Flash2Beasley
1 month ago#3
Boots deserve to be bumped up at least 1 tier after you get double jump, as drop kicks give your full attack rating from the boots, and is one of the safest ways to approach any fight.

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
1 month ago#4
Lol no

All I had to see see is Greatsword and boots lower than whip and normal swords
Guns with no bullets are pretty bad too

Grand Izayoi is just a standard katana.

Swords themself are good but katanas are basically much better swords. Without counting valkyrie and other special weps they are a step down from the other really strong weps
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)
(edited 1 month ago)

Fairycancel
1 month ago#5
God tier: Shards
OP tier: Guns with bullets, Valkyrie
Top tier: Greatswords, Rhava, Katana, Boots.(First 2 are close, last two are also very close imo)
High tier: Oracle(can be considered low top tier imo), Whips=Swords/Bandit(somewhat)
Middle Tier: Spears, Rapier(less useful than spears imo)
Low tier: guns without bullets
Bottom tier: Daggers

If we are talking of overall usefulness I think this are the best.
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: rifasclub

rifasclub
1 month ago#6
EmblemLord posted...

God Tier - Rhava Velar, Grand Izayoi, Valkyrie Blade, Guns (Bullets) (Possibly Bandit Blade and Oracle Blade)
Top Tier - Swords/Maces, Katanas, Whips, Guns(No Bullets)
High Tier - Boots, Greatswords/Axes/Staffs
Mid Tier - Spears/Lances
Low Tier - Rapiers, Knives

SS+ Shield Weapon
S+- Rhava Velar, Valkyrie Blade, Grand Izayoi, Guns (Bullets).
S - Bandit Blade, Katanas.
A - Whips, Boots, Knives, Rapiers, Swords/Maces, Oracle Blade, Guns(No Bullets).
B - Greatswords/Axes/Staffs.
C - Spears/Lances.

I'd say more like this.
Okay, Shield Weapon. A weapon not many people talk about. Not only block after you hit, it blocks WHILE you hit and the window of time is very generous, the invincibility is much better than the one of the Valkyrie's Blade technique. It also has perfect shield behind Miriam and has some of the best availability in the game. The best weapon before postgame.
The second 3 need no explanation and Guns are the best endgame weapon and they would be SS+ tier, but bullets are expensive,so there's a limit of how much you can use them early on unless you farm.
Bandit Blade is super strong and has one of the most reliable command techs in the game; is super safe. Katanas are strong and have amazing tech, outclassed only for the Valkyrie Sword. Whips auto-cancel, enough said. Boots have pretty good framerate, DP and stack with martial arts, they're outclassed for Lili, but magic outclasses weapons overall, anyway. Knives are super safe at long distance and are super fast close, but they struggle at mid range, still, they're good to punish bosses' end lag. Rapiers become the best late game weapon to punish bosses ending lag, their DP is ridiculous. Red Beast's Edge with Raper skills is broken and kills faster than Rhava!!! (It needs a LOT of grinding, though). Swords/Maces are Katanas, but worse (maces inflict blunt damage which is neat), not bad, but meh. Oracle Blade is godsent early on, but falls behind, I'm no too convinced with it being A tier. Guns without bullets, hat and scarf... are pretty bad, again, not the best early game weapon, but they're okay to kill minions.
Greatswords are good for bosses early on, they hit the hardest early on, second only to Guns, but they fall behind quick and only become good again at late game (like every other weapon). Spears are very safe mid range weapons with decent speed... and that's about it. They lack long range game and get decimated at close range, the techniques are bad. Maybe I'm missing something but for me they're the worse.
Fire Emblem Fates Addres:
03065-75094-15733-70303

Fairycancel
1 month ago#7
Someone didn't make the 8 bit flame greatsword...

User Info: EmblemLord

EmblemLord
1 month ago#8
If a weapon type is only broken in the endgame or post game, can you really call it top tier?

Katanas's are busted from jump street.

Shield Weapon seems pretty god tier after reading that. Only issue is damage output, compared to other weapons as well as short range. But still I don't think it can be worse then top tier.

Greatswords are not good until late mid-game. It takes AWHILE for them to be worth it. And even then the techs are BAD.

Boots could go higher, but the weapon selection is mediocre and you usually have better options. That said you can do all sorts of aerial rave dive kick double jump reset stuff with boots. An advanced player can go into a room full of enemies, clear it and never touch the ground until everything is dead.

Grand Izayoi is indisputably among the highest destructive potential. If you grind enough that is. Forget about the damage bonuses you get from techs. If you combine that with the right equipment, you are doing huge damage per swing.
The journey begins anew
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Dustin1280

Dustin1280
1 month ago#9
Terrible list...

SSS Tier = Shards
SS Tier = Gun builds (diamond ammo)
S Tier = Deathbringer, Encrypted Orchid, Maxed Izayoui Katana, Ukanvasara, Oracle Sword, Valkyrie Sword with secret tech, Shield Sword (defensively)

Rhava Velar might lose it's "top tier" ranking after the nerfs, unsure at this time.

Also grand izayoi is NOT "indisputably the highest destructive potential" of all weapons...
Maxed Grand Izayoi is overshadowed on damage per strike by NUMEROUS weapons, hell even the shield weapon ties the maxed grand izaoyoi in damage per strike...
The only reason the Grand Izayoi IS a top tier weapon is BECAUSE of it's techs...

TC you are so wrong about everything...
RIP: Canuklehead, Karma: 1369 // RIP: Gen_Lee_Enfield, Karma: 1731 //
RIP: Orlando of the Axe, Karma: 1642 // RIP nayr626 Karma: 4395 --They delivered!
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: MasterJG

MasterJG
1 month ago#10
Dustin1280 posted...
Terrible list...

SSS Tier = Shards
SS Tier = Gun builds (diamond ammo)
S Tier = Deathbringer, Encrypted Orchid, Maxed Izayoui Katana, Ukanvasara, Oracle Sword, Valkyrie Sword with secret tech, Shield Sword (defensively)

Rhava Velar might lose it's "top tier" ranking after the nerfs, unsure at this time.

Also grand izayoi is NOT "indisputably the highest destructive potential" of all weapons...
Hell even the shield weapon ties the maxed grand izaoyoi in damage per strike...
The only reason the Grand Izayoi IS a top tier weapon is BECAUSE of it's techs...

TC you are so wrong about everything...

Nah, they are not wrong, but you're only half right because this topic is about WEAPONS AND NOT SHARDS.
  • Post New Message