• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: crusifieddemon

crusifieddemon
1 year ago#1
A game that broke Kickstarter. A game that would show the world that 2d was still alive. A game that would have free dlc no catches.

A developer company that has gone dark on line.
No updates.
Nothing from iga himself.
Backers that are left in the dark.

Konami looking at the whole thing laughing at us, thinking to them selves. Nothing can trump Castlevania.

In the end the backers the supportive people of this game will let it die. For the bad taste of the devs and the bad taste iga has left in our mouths.

User Info: knightmere122

knightmere122
1 year ago#2
IGA definitely fumbled this game big time. I backed over $200 so it pains me to admit it.
Ohio State Buckeyes: 2014-15 National Champions

User Info: crusifieddemon

crusifieddemon
11 months ago#3
knightmere122 posted...
IGA definitely fumbled this game big time. I backed over $200 so it pains me to admit it.

Me too. I did 200 as well and it's horrible.

User Info: TharnC

TharnC
11 months ago#4
The main issue with the Xbox update is that Microsoft has certain requirements that haven't been met, and since the devs were focusing so hard on the Switch version, it kind of got put on the back burner. Now that they've released that big performance update, we should see some news before too long.
XBL, PSN, Facebook & Steam: TharnC
3DS FC: 4055-7162-2884

User Info: winter_rising

winter_rising
11 months ago#5
TharnC posted...
The main issue with the Xbox update is that Microsoft has certain requirements that haven't been met, and since the devs were focusing so hard on the Switch version, it kind of got put on the back burner. Now that they've released that big performance update, we should see some news before too long.

So State, what exactly is Wrong with the Xbox One Version?
I'm playing this on a X1X, and no issues. What ARE these problems?
I haven't gotten too far into the game, and had no hiccups or game breakers..
"Wear some Golf Shoes!! Otherwise we'll never get out of this place Alive!.. impossible to walk in this muck, no footing at all.."

User Info: TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher
11 months ago#6
winter_rising posted...
So State, what exactly is Wrong with the Xbox One Version?
I'm playing this on a X1X, and no issues. What ARE these problems?
I haven't gotten too far into the game, and had no hiccups or game breakers..

Nothing hindered me either aside from a hiccup with one particular achievement (the one for registering all the items, I had to load a save from tens of hours before that one to try again). There is also Overlord which is glitched for everyone that means there’s 0 completions for the Xbox release (legitimate ones anyways).

There was a patch we got that fixed a game breaker with certain chests so other than that I’m not aware of any that half 100% completion. However we didn’t get the later patch nor the DLC for IGA’s Backpack.
"Never apologize or pander to SJWs. It will never be good enough." - Mister Metokur/Internet Aristocrat

TharnC
11 months ago#7
I'm not sure if it's a case of the update not meeting standards, or the devs not having all the kinks worked out, and wanting to have it be as perfect as they can manage, since Microsoft charges devs for updates. Or so I've been told by a few.

User Info: ExtremePhobia

ExtremePhobia
11 months ago#8
TharnC posted...
I'm not sure if it's a case of the update not meeting standards, or the devs not having all the kinks worked out, and wanting to have it be as perfect as they can manage, since Microsoft charges devs for updates. Or so I've been told by a few.

I haven't checked in a bit, but I doubt it. This update is also the hook for Iga's Backpack if I'm not mistaken, so they are losing money from people not able to buy the DLC. I think they were just all hands on the Switch version of the game because that was such a mess. And they still haven't release a Japanese version of the game?

It's just a hot mess. It's sad. The game was good. If they are struggling this much on basic things, I have to imagine it's because they ran out of money.

In other words, Konami didn't have the last laugh. It's just that Konami didn't lose as much as they could have if they made a game like this themselves.

TharnC
11 months ago#9
From an admin on the official forums:
"The Xbox update unfortunately kept running into bug squashing problems one after another. How it was described to me/us by 505 was the classic, cliche and almost cartoon-like nature of how one bug being fixed beget another. Not sure why Xbox specifically was like that."

So apparently we're boned until they can get this worked out.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A