• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  3. What's up with these weapon stats?!!!

User Info: Mudonis

Mudonis
1 year ago#1
I mean the ATK on an individual weapon.

For example the Nodachi is a Katana class weapon with 18 ATK.

Currently Miriam's base (no weapon equipped) ATK is 2.

Simple math would tell me that her ATK should be 20 when the Nodachi is equipped but it only goes to 15.

Where did those 5 points go?!!!

What is the formula that calculates the ATK stat?!!!

It's annoying playing a game and a weapon shows a specific stat and a static number but not show it when it is actually equipped.

(Monster Hunter does something similar and it has been one of my biggest gripes about the series)
Don't forget me!!!

User Info: 0UT0FTH3G4M3R

0UT0FTH3G4M3R
1 year ago#2
I get why you are confused, but a lot of rpg-ish games with attribute stats do something similar.

The attack number of the weapon is multiplied by a factor of your strength stat. I don't know if the factor is a 1:1 ratio to your strength stat, but it shouldn't take too long to figure out if you have a calculator.

For example: if your strength is 50 and the weapon stat is 20, you might get 62 attack, but if your strength is 80, the same weapon will give you an attack stat of 99. Again, I don't know how close this example would be to the actual formula used in the game.
The petty squabbles of lesser men and the common rabble are of no greater concern to my grand design.

User Info: ExtremePhobia

ExtremePhobia
11 months ago#3
0UT0FTH3G4M3R posted...
I get why you are confused, but a lot of rpg-ish games with attribute stats do something similar.

The attack number of the weapon is multiplied by a factor of your strength stat. I don't know if the factor is a 1:1 ratio to your strength stat, but it shouldn't take too long to figure out if you have a calculator.

For example: if your strength is 50 and the weapon stat is 20, you might get 62 attack, but if your strength is 80, the same weapon will give you an attack stat of 99. Again, I don't know how close this example would be to the actual formula used in the game.
This could be the case, but there are multiple instances of weird background math going on. For instance, you can level up before you reach the required amount of XP. I can come up with several reasons they could have done this intentionally, but none that end with, "and then let's display the actual XP values," because the current system renders those numbers largely arbitrary in a way that a percentage meter wouldn't.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  3. What's up with these weapon stats?!!!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A