• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  3. Anyone have success running this game at 120 or 144Hz?

User Info: jubrany

jubrany
8 months ago#1
I can't get this game to run smoothly above 60Hz. I need to keep V-Sync on and Framerate Smoothing on to keep things running nicely.

With unlocked framerate I can see 200-300 FPS sometimes, but can't get it to hold 120 or 144Hz, it stutters a lot. It's too bad since at 120Hz ULMB or 144Hz GSync it's so nice and smooth when it's not stuttering.

I'm playing at settings maxed at 1440p (cinematic).

I have a GTX1070 and a 9900K, with an Asus 1440p Gsync 144Hz display. I'm playing the GamePass Ultimate version. Windows 1909, latest drivers, blah blah blah. Tried ULMB, Gsync, and Fixed Refresh. Reduce input lag is turned off.

Anyone else have luck or is it best not to try this with this game?
Thanks.

jubrany
8 months ago#2
Just wanted to add that I haven't been able achieve smoother performance by lowering settings... even down to low/720p.

So far I've only found some success running at 100Hz and Fixed Refresh with VSync on and Frame Smoothing off (obviously as that forces 60Hz).

I'm starting to think that the developers didn't envision this game running past 60Hz, and that the engine isn't optimized for that either.

jubrany
8 months ago#3
Just writing this as a follow up for people experiencing stuttering in this game...

It was caused by an unstable Bluetooth connection from my Xbox One controller. Connecting with USB or using a PS4 controller over Bluetooth solved the issue.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  3. Anyone have success running this game at 120 or 144Hz?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A