• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball General Community Moderated
  3. Tien's Shin Kikoho used on Semi-Perfect Cell, could it have killed the androids?

User Info: DoctorPiranha3

DoctorPiranha3
2 weeks ago#1
It was able to keep Semi-Perfect Cell in a submission for an extended length or time, and he's much stronger than the androids.

So the age old question: If he used it on Android 17 or 18, could it have killed them?

User Info: God_of_Magic

God_of_Magic
2 weeks ago#2
Not likely, it's an outlier. There is nothing to support this feat for him other then one thing, plot. They needed him to stall Semi-Perfect Cell. Semi-Perfect Cell > Android 17/18 > SS Vegeta > Tien. It doesn't make any since. The difference in their power is to wide.
Stress: Not strangling the life out of someone when they desperately need it.

User Info: ssj4warrior

ssj4warrior
2 weeks ago#3
I'd say no, purely on the basis that if he thought he could kill #17 and #18 then he'd have used it on them. If he had a potential android-killing technique and didn't use it, he'd just be a big idiot...
Training to become canon

User Info: Oblivion_Hero

Oblivion_Hero
2 weeks ago#4
I'd say it'd either injure or kill them.

It didn't hurt Cell, but put out so much raw force that he couldn't make any ground against it with his full effort. I'd have to assume the markedly weaker 17 and 18 would take damage.

As for why he didn't use it before on the androids, aside from plot, I guess its the difference between being part of a group fight, and being the desperation of being last line of defense at the time. Cell was also the bigger threat; I'd have to assume if he tried to go after 18 in front of Cell and couldn't kill her in one shot, Cell is going to kill him and then easily prey on his weakened target.
"It's unpleasantly like being drunk." "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?" "You ask a glass of water."

DoctorPiranha3
2 weeks ago#5
Oblivion_Hero posted...
I'd say it'd either injure or kill them

I agree.

Cell tanked a punch from Android 16 without even budging, and a punch like that probably would seriously injure 17 and 18. Cell couldn't tank Kikoho; it didn't seriously harm him but it did leave scratches and immobilize him.

Plot induced stupidity got the better of Tien like it does most characters, which is why he never used it in his first encounter with the androids.

User Info: the0rebirth

the0rebirth
2 weeks ago#6
Logically, it should at least hurt them quite a bit.
"The Dragon Ball Super anime is lowering the IQ of the characters so the DB fan base can relate to them better." -Acharyap28

User Info: WhatChuLookinFo

WhatChuLookinFo
2 weeks ago#7
DoctorPiranha3 posted...
I agree.

Cell tanked a punch from Android 16 without even budging, and a punch like that probably would seriously injure 17 and 18.

Imperfect Cell (equal to Android 16) did break Piccolo's (equal to 17) neck in one punch.
http://imgur.com/a/U4ne8
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oKIPnug8JKwYq4S4M/giphy.gif

User Info: KanonSeaDragon

KanonSeaDragon
2 weeks ago#8
lol, no

Im suddenly in DBG?

DoctorPiranha3
2 weeks ago#9
KanonSeaDragon posted...
lol, no

Im suddenly in DBG?

With s*** posts like this, you should probably go back.

User Info: Penitent

Penitent
2 weeks ago#10
Oblivion_Hero posted...
I'd say it'd either injure or kill them.

It didn't hurt Cell, but put out so much raw force that he couldn't make any ground against it with his full effort. I'd have to assume the markedly weaker 17 and 18 would take damage.

As for why he didn't use it before on the androids, aside from plot, I guess its the difference between being part of a group fight, and being the desperation of being last line of defense at the time. Cell was also the bigger threat; I'd have to assume if he tried to go after 18 in front of Cell and couldn't kill her in one shot, Cell is going to kill him and then easily prey on his weakened target.
^^ this
Bad writing is bad writing, famalam!
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Ball General Community Moderated
  3. Tien's Shin Kikoho used on Semi-Perfect Cell, could it have killed the androids?
  • Post New Message