You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: General.
  3. XIII and XV are disliked for these reasons.

User Info: Creepter

Creepter
1 week ago#1
This is a PSA for the numbskulls. Should probably be stickied.

"Final Fantasy XIII is a science fiction role-playing video game developed and published by Square Enix for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 consoles and later for the Microsoft Windows operating system." (Thank you Wikipedia)

It was heavily criticized at release for the narrative, the characters, the worldbuilding and the writing. People did not like the nonsensical storyline that was quite incomprehensible due to the writers failing to understand that when you write a story, terms and phrases used in the world should be easily understood by the audience. It was quite poorly told, and many people did not like the anime cliché characters. The world was conceived as being very linear and did not offer you a chance to get invested in the world and the folk in it. If you believe that this made it identical to Final Fantasy X, then you need to shut off your Internet forever. I'm a doctor, I request it of you.

It also had some of the worst writing seen this side of Season 7 of Game of Thrones.

It was later discovered that the director of the game was a creepy psychopath who had really weird ideas about narratives.
Such as this quote:
https://i.imgur.com/jdJu9pg.png

Who also described the main character as a daughter to him, and later decided to give her bigger boobs so you could perv on her while gaming:
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/07/for-some-reason-lightning-returns-has-boob-jiggling/

Forcing a trilogy around a character that no one liked was wildly criticized.

Final Fantasy XV[a] is an action role-playing game developed and published by Square Enix as part of the long-running Final Fantasy series. It was released for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2016, and for Microsoft Windows in 2018

Final Fantasy 15 was just dogs***.

This has been your educational lesson for the day. Should you ever feel the need to make "I don't understand the hate for XIII/XV" topic nr #6747477, consult the above points and don't pollute the Internet with your pointless topic, and accept that people can dislike what you like. And consider the scenario: would you still love the game if it wasn't Final Fantasy? You probably wouldn't, because you're a fanboy.

That is all.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: AbsOfAbacus

AbsOfAbacus
1 week ago#2
Oh, s***. The gloves are off!
"You Can Always Count On Me" - Abacus AmIRighta.
Together, we can do f**k all.

User Info: AKmill88

AKmill88
1 week ago#3
Honestly we have heard what is wrong with 13 a million times. I think many people including myself would hate it less if they had left it as a one and done and skipped the two sequels.

I have not played 15. I might get around to it one day but I have too many games I already enjoy playing. There is a plethora of interesting games I have not played as well and 15 is not high on that list.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: AbsOfAbacus

AbsOfAbacus
1 week ago#4
AKmill88 posted...
Honestly we have heard what is wrong with 13 a million times. I think many people including myself would hate it less if they had left it as a one and done and skipped the two sequels.

I think there is some truth to that.

It was exacerbated by vsXIII's disappearance, too.

AKmill88 posted...
I have not played 15. I might get around to it one day but I have too many games I already enjoy playing. There is a plethora of interesting games I have not played as well and 15 is not high on that list.

I'm firmly in the "eh, it's alright" camp, concerning XV. But yeah, there's plenty of other stuff that trumps it.

What are you playing?
"You Can Always Count On Me" - Abacus AmIRighta.
Together, we can do f**k all.

User Info: AKmill88

AKmill88
1 week ago#5
I am playing Path of Exile on Ps4 with a friend. He made me play Call of Duty Black ops 4 so Path of exile was my idea. I wish he had pc though.

I am also playing Europa Universalis 4 on pc.

User Info: KeyKing7

KeyKing7
5 days ago#6
I can agree with the dislike for XIII.

Apart from that, I don’t understand the outright hate for XV. In fact, I’d say that if VII:R wasn’t a remake of a beloved game in the franchise, your last argument for “if it wasn’t a final fantasy title, would you still like it?” would be applicable, and the answer would be no.
Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow!
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy: General.
  3. XIII and XV are disliked for these reasons.