You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. What was the first horror game you've ever played?

User Info: VisionRing30

VisionRing30
1 month ago#31
lightningxiii-2 posted...
We need more quality horror games.

Did you play RE 2 remake @VisionRing30 ? Did you like it?

I haven't bought it yet but I intend to. And yes, we do need more quality horror games, something just needs to kick off another horror boom like the original Resident Evil did. Granted, not everything in a boom is quality, but there are bound to be gems.
"Laughter is the countdown of devastation."- Killer 7, end of Sunset

User Info: Mr_Mason_W2DS

Mr_Mason_W2DS
1 month ago#32
I think it was the original Resident Evil 1, but I only played very little of it at first, at an older cousin's house. Very shortly after that, I bought Clock Tower (Clock Tower 2 actually, but in the USA the PS1 Clock Tower was the first Clock Tower since we never got the SNES original) and that was my first full horror game ever. It was terrifying at the time! I could hardly stand the thought of leaving the safety if hiding places and being vulnerable to an ambush from Scissorman at any moment!

It was sometime after that, that I finally played ALL of RE1.

So RE1 and Clock Tower (USA) sort of tie as my first horror game: RE1 my first play ever, CT my first completed game.

User Info: MajesticSiN

MajesticSiN
4 weeks ago#33
I think it was A Nightmare on Elm Street for the NES. As a kid I always got spooked when freddy's theme would start up.
PSN: MajesticSiN

User Info: Dikitain

Dikitain
4 weeks ago#34
Depends on the definition of "horror game", some people consider Doom a horror game. If you do, then that. Otherwise mine would be a game called Nocturne. It is sort of a prequel to BloodRayne, although not really (It is by the same creators and takes place in the same pre-WW2 time period though). I only played the demo but it was pretty scary. Shame it wasn't more popular though, probably because it was a PC exclusive and came out around the same time as a ton of really popular PC exclusives (System Shock 2, Gabriel Knight 3, Quake III Arena, Unreal Tournament, etc.). I wish GoG would get a hold of it since they have both BloodRayne games.
I am a senior software engineer. If you see me post here, I am tired of writing TPS reports.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
3 weeks ago#35
Dikitain posted...
Depends on the definition of "horror game", some people consider Doom a horror game. If you do, then that. Otherwise mine would be a game called Nocturne. It is sort of a prequel to BloodRayne, although not really (It is by the same creators and takes place in the same pre-WW2 time period though). I only played the demo but it was pretty scary. Shame it wasn't more popular though, probably because it was a PC exclusive and came out around the same time as a ton of really popular PC exclusives (System Shock 2, Gabriel Knight 3, Quake III Arena, Unreal Tournament, etc.). I wish GoG would get a hold of it since they have both BloodRayne games.

Doom definitely has horror elements, and even an early attempt at jumpscares. Doom 64 was 100% a horror game however, and was certainly the first I beat.

User Info: Darth Xelleon

Darth Xelleon
2 weeks ago#36
I'm pretty sure my first was the original Resident Evil on PSX
Official Rydia's Husband of GameFAQs
My 3DS FC is in my profile, PM me to be friends or to just beat each other up online.
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. What was the first horror game you've ever played?