You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Non-Horror games that creeped you out atleast once

User Info: GTurtlte

GTurtlte
1 week ago#1
First and foremost. I know this board is about Horror games. But im sure some of us have experinced That ONE or few games that had that creepy or disturbing moment that made you double take what you was playing

So. What are the moments that stick for you folks ?
"Welcome back, To the stage of history"

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 week ago#2
GTurtlte posted...
First and foremost. I know this board is about Horror games. But im sure some of us have experinced That ONE or few games that had that creepy or disturbing moment that made you double take what you was playing

So. What are the moments that stick for you folks ?

The Forest Temple in Ocadina of Time. The atmosphere and music are terrifying to me. The ghosts look silly but are still unsettling. It almost would do Fatal Frame justice the way Gannon's phantom attacks you from the paintings too...

User Info: VampireRonin

VampireRonin
1 week ago#3
The Tower of Latria in Demon's Souls was pretty creepy and there was also the MGS3 fight with The Sorrow.
I played Harry Potter games a lot when I was much younger and there was a character in the first Harry Potter game named Mr. Filch. There was a part in the game where he kept searching for you. He would run after you if he found you. It used to creep me out! I used to play hide and seek with him for fun!
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity
(edited 1 week ago)

darthcorpse
1 week ago#5
lightningxiii-2 posted...
I played Harry Potter games a lot when I was much younger and there was a character in the first Harry Potter game named Mr. Filch. There was a part in the game where he kept searching for you. He would run after you if he found you. It used to creep me out! I used to play hide and seek with him for fun!

lightningxiii-2 posted...

Ooh that sounds cool! Mr Filch was a really mean character in the books and movies, so I can imagine him being scary in the game!

User Info: GTurtlte

GTurtlte
1 week ago#6
Wow. Forest temple. God. Bad memories. Hated that temple

The Sorrow fight was freaky. But there was certain kills you could do to make that walk worse

Harry potter. Got the philosphers stone or sorceres stone ( cant remember). On pc. There was these goblin enemies you could knock out. But got up after a few seconds. Had a creepy laugh

Good times Lol
"Welcome back, To the stage of history"

User Info: TongYoon

TongYoon
1 week ago#7
The entire last level and ending of Dog's Life on ps2.
Whole game was childish, but then the last level comes.
I didn't finish that game when i was a kid though, only played it about last year or something, but i can imagine kids around 9 playing that stuff and reaching that part lol
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Berating

Berating
1 week ago#8
Uncharted 2, somewhere near the end, instead of me trying to explain it here's a vid. the moment i'm referring to starts at 34 seconds, spoilers:

https://youtu.be/SISSs5PsKxU

that scared the piss outta me, up til that point there were no weird things at all
"...and until you've seen a blind kid trying to hide from dragons in an open field, you haven't seen anything..."
(edited 1 week ago)

darthcorpse
1 week ago#9
There's a section in Devil's Third I didn't expect. the terrorist organisation you are fighting (the hilariously named S.O.D. [well, it's funny in Britain]) have released a chemical agent that mutates people. It isn't insanely creepy, but they do build it up nicely the first time you face these things.
Welcome to the horror board @Berating
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Non-Horror games that creeped you out atleast once