You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Your Favourite Scares - spoilers

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 month ago#1
Thought it would be fun to compare stories of the best moments we have encountered in horror games. Obviously this will involve spoilers!

I have two favourite moments off the top of my head:
Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water
Fuyuhi, a girl who seems utterly hopeless comes into the shop where Yuri is, hoping to get help finding her friend Haruka who has been lured to the haunted Mount Hikami where many go to kill themselves. Fuyhu is convinced she is still alive there but has to find her. She leaves saying she will go on her own to the mountain to look. Yuri (under player control) follows later hoping to find her, and does...in the process of leading her down from the mountain they get separated. You run around as Yuri trying to find her, and this singing starts to echo through the woods. Then you see Fuyuhi om ther other side of the water, singing and holding a large knife to her own throat. Yuri looks away as she slices her throat, with no way to stop her. She looks back and Fuyuhi has vanished. She then appears right behind Yuri, her head lolling obscenely, blood running down and her dead eyes staring...and you hear her song echoing as you ready for such a sad battle, knowing you couldn't save her

This affected me so much. It got me in the feels as well as terrified me...

Resident Evil: Revelations
One word:
MAAAAAAYDAAAAY
Seriously though. The build up was pure genius. Still working on beating this section. It is so hard!

Here is a bonus one. The first ghost you face in Fatal Frame/Project Zero 1...the steps creaking up the stairs, the gradual materialisation of the ghost... the way he says "please....forgive...me.."

I mean, he died in two hits and presented no threat, plus they interrupt with a tutorial unfortunately, but it was still a great moment.

That's enough to get going with...I am sure more moments will come to mind. Please share your own moments!

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
1 month ago#2
darthcorpse posted...
Resident Evil: Revelations
One word:
MAAAAAAYDAAAAY
Seriously though. The build up was pure genius.

What an awesome game!

darthcorpse posted...
Still working on beating this section. It is so hard!

I agree!
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity

User Info: yadehtsiyadot

yadehtsiyadot
1 month ago#3
First playthrough of Silent Hill when it came out. There was nothing like it prior or at the time, and I think I was around 15. The odd items you get(rubber ball), the little kids in the school, the Lisa death scene and that music. The game was crazy. Loved how at the end, when you save, the game says that you're "Nowhere". The atmosphere of that game was amazing. Blows my mind that the director was only 20 at the time.
Bloodborne: https://www.youtube.com/PraiseTheHunt
Bedlam Video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthYLU5wCVu2MdhqTFlj3RQ

darthcorpse
1 month ago#4
yadehtsiyadot posted...
First playthrough of Silent Hill when it came out. There was nothing like it prior or at the time, and I think I was around 15. The odd items you get(rubber ball), the little kids in the school, the Lisa death scene and that music. The game was crazy. Loved how at the end, when you save, the game says that you're "Nowhere". The atmosphere of that game was amazing. Blows my mind that the director was only 20 at the time.

He did an astounding job on that game!

User Info: GTurtlte

GTurtlte
1 month ago#5
I got many. But one that kinda sticks

Playing Alone in the Dark ( the newer one).

Trying to hotwire a car to get somewhere. No enemies around. All of a sudden. A group appears and pulls me out of the car. Didnt have much life And half a heal spray. Two bullets. And 4 of them

Still survived. Luckily
"Welcome back, To the stage of history"

lightningxiii-2
1 month ago#6
GTurtlte posted...
Playing Alone in the Dark

I play horror games alone in the dark!
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games

darthcorpse
1 month ago#7
GTurtlte posted...
I got many. But one that kinda sticks

Playing Alone in the Dark ( the newer one).

Trying to hotwire a car to get somewhere. No enemies around. All of a sudden. A group appears and pulls me out of the car. Didnt have much life And half a heal spray. Two bullets. And 4 of them

Still survived. Luckily

Nice one! That's the 2008 one is it? I have it, but I haven't played much of it yet. What version did you play? I hear the PlayStation one fixed some bugs. I have the Wii one, for my sins.

darthcorpse
1 month ago#8
lightningxiii-2 posted...
GTurtlte posted...

Lol!
So what are some of your favourite scares?

lightningxiii-2
1 month ago#9
darthcorpse posted...
GTurtlte posted...

Lol!

Haven't played too many horror games, but I think one of the best examples is P.T. Lisa in P.T. is very effective. I only watched some of its playthroughs, though.

darthcorpse
1 month ago#10
darthcorpse posted...
GTurtlte posted...

Lol!

Haven't played too many horror games, but I think one of the best examples is P.T. Lisa in P.T. is very effective. I only watched some of its playthroughs, though.

Yeah that is amazing!
That whole game is probably worth mentioning. That fridge swinging back and forth with the blood dripping out was crazy
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Your Favourite Scares - spoilers