You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Represent horror genre with a playable Smash bros fighter from which franchise?

User Info: duumb

duumb
1 month ago#1
Rep = represent. RE and Fatal Frame are deliberately excluded as options - Results (15 votes)
Amnesia
6.67% (1 vote)
Bendy
13.33% (2 votes)
FNAF
6.67% (1 vote)
Inside (considered one of the best games of all time)
6.67% (1 vote)
Layers of fear
0% (0 votes)
Limbo (considered one of the best games of all time)
6.67% (1 vote)
Little nightmares
20% (3 votes)
Outlast
0% (0 votes)
The evil within
26.67% (4 votes)
IDK
13.33% (2 votes)
You must be registered and logged in to vote in this poll.
Inside and Limbo are considered some of the best games of all time:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_considered_the_best

Everyone would choose FF or RE if included. RE2make isn't coming to Switch. Maybe Nintendo let Sakurai choose one character not strongly affiliated with Nintendo (Joker) but then insisted on strong affiliation (or a future on Nintendo) for the rest? FF is co-owned by Nintendo now.

Amnesia, FNAF and TWE have never been on a Nintendo platform but their developers have expressed an interest in porting them to Switch so I included them.

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
1 month ago#2
Welcome to the horror board @duumb This board is not only about Nintendo games. It's about all horror games on all consoles. There are no limitations here. And I voted for The evil within.
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 month ago#3
Good that you excluded Fatal frame as it is great that Yuri is a character in it already!

I am not a smash player at all, but I love that some characters get a bit more limelight then usual because of this series.

I am not sure who to vote for, as I don't have experience with any of the franchises mentioned apart from Limbo (Damn my huge backlog) and Layers of Fear (It was free so I have at least played it), but I guess Little Nightmares would be good, or Bendy!

I might also suggest Spooky from Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion! I went with Little Nightmares though.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: yadehtsiyadot

yadehtsiyadot
1 month ago#4
Harry Mason with a lead pipe.
Bloodborne: https://www.youtube.com/PraiseTheHunt
Bedlam Video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthYLU5wCVu2MdhqTFlj3RQ

User Info: ShinChuck

ShinChuck
1 month ago#5
How about Alan Wake? Seems like he'd be a good fit.
GamerTag: ShinChuck, PSN: ShinChuck1

darthcorpse
1 month ago#6
To be fair, this really should have Alex from Eternal Darkness...or Pious Augustus might be even better...

User Info: VisionRing30

VisionRing30
1 month ago#7
The fact that Smash still has no references to Eternal Darkness is baffling to me. At least with the inclusion of Fatal Frame there is some hope. Who wouldn't want to see Pious Augustus summoning his master/mistress behind the stage as either a final smash or an assist?
"Laughter is the countdown of devastation."- Killer 7, end of Sunset

darthcorpse
1 month ago#8
VisionRing30 posted...
The fact that Smash still has no references to Eternal Darkness is baffling to me. At least with the inclusion of Fatal Frame there is some hope. Who wouldn't want to see Pious Augustus summoning his master/mistress behind the stage as either a final smash or an assist?

I know, I am not a smash fan, but even I would admit that is cool.

User Info: duumb

duumb
4 weeks ago#9
I forgot about Alan and ED tbh.

User Info: VisionRing30

VisionRing30
3 weeks ago#10
darthcorpse posted...
VisionRing30 posted...

I know, I am not a smash fan, but even I would admit that is cool.

And for that reason alone, they should put him in. It adds some cool effects and gives horror games more representation.
"Laughter is the countdown of devastation."- Killer 7, end of Sunset
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Represent horror genre with a playable Smash bros fighter from which franchise?