• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Which old horror games need to be remade?

User Info: Ohioguy1980

Ohioguy1980
1 month ago#41
A new Dino Crisis would be awesome if it kept the action of part two, a semi open world ala RE4 but more of a dire atmosphere from part 1....

I surprised that nobody has mentioned Eternal Darkness. For its time, I don’t think there was a game around that messed with your head more. It still has original things I have yet to see in games since.....It makes me think of a friend who was a big rage quitter and this game triggered him something bad.

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 month ago#42
Ohioguy1980 posted...
A new Dino Crisis would be awesome if it kept the action of part two, a semi open world ala RE4 but more of a dire atmosphere from part 1....

I surprised that nobody has mentioned Eternal Darkness. For its time, I don’t think there was a game around that messed with your head more. It still has original things I have yet to see in games since.....It makes me think of a friend who was a big rage quitter and this game triggered him something bad.

I'd be pretty upset if they remade Eternal Darkness tbh. They would be better making a sequel.

User Info: shgamer

shgamer
1 month ago#43
El_Dustino posted...
Personally I feel like 3 and ESPECIALLY Code Veronica could use the treatment more than REmake. REmake is already great and available on all modern systems (Switch coming soon), and Remake plays great for what it is, and recent releases added accessibility options.

Of course I would still enjoy your idea and play it, but I would rather see 3 and CV first, then maybe 1.

OH, I just remembered, I really want the RE Outbreak games remade or ported with easier online. Those games had such cool concepts but were just ahead of their time!

Yes, I agree that Code Veronica is much better RE than 3, that always felt a bit underwhelming to me (it's still a really good game though and graphically it's even better than 2 IMO).
But from a business point of view, I think it would be wiser for Capcom to start with 1 as it is a bigger classic than Code Veronica (and probably also a bit better game - although Code Veronica has a really great story and also is a very long game compared to 1 - 3).
A comparison article of the 3DS and the Vita can be found on my blog:
https://yupeeter.com

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
1 month ago#44
El_Dustino posted...
REmake is already great and available on all modern systems (Switch coming soon), and Remake plays great for what it is

No, it might've been acceptable in 2002 when it was first released for Gamecube, considering the fact that the developers had their limitations back then and weren't able to make a much better game. For now, however, it is not at all acceptable. The game is almost unplayable because of its outdated graphics and mechanics, especially the fixed camera. The game needs massive improvements, especially the graphics and gameplay.

El_Dustino posted...
I would rather see 3 and CV first, then maybe 1.

I agree with this, though.

shgamer posted...
Yes, I agree that Code Veronica is much better RE than 3, that always felt a bit underwhelming to me (it's still a really good game though and graphically it's even better than 2 IMO).
But from a business point of view, I think it would be wiser for Capcom to start with 1 as it is a bigger classic than Code Veronica (and probably also a bit better game - although Code Veronica has a really great story and also is a very long game compared to 1 - 3).

CV has the best plot in the series, but I'd prefer a RE 3 remake first. Have never played any of those, but I'm more familiar with CV since I've played CV survivor and The darkside chronicles.
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity

lightningxiii-2
1 month ago#45
Ohioguy1980 posted...

Welcome to the horror board @Ohioguy1980
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games

User Info: El_Dustino

El_Dustino
1 month ago#46
TC I gotta disagree with you entirely, I think REmake's graphics are still great and it is one of the best looking games of the 6th generation, and upscaled to HD it looks even better. Also fixed camera angles provide a certain charm, and make it more creepy. I think the gameplay is good and it is perfectly balanced as a survival horror were you really need to think about your actions. Just because it does not appeal to the lowest common denominator does not mean REmake is bad, it is still like a perfect old school survival horror.
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
AC:NL Dream Address: 5700-3355-4304

lightningxiii-2
1 month ago#47
@El_Dustino posted...
TC I gotta disagree with you entirely, I think REmake's graphics are still great and it is one of the best looking games of the 6th generation, and upscaled to HD it looks even better. Also fixed camera angles provide a certain charm, and make it more creepy. I think the gameplay is good and it is perfectly balanced as a survival horror were you really need to think about your actions. Just because it does not appeal to the lowest common denominator does not mean REmake is bad, it is still like a perfect old school survival horror.

I don't think so! And what do you exactly mean by 'the lowest common denominator'?

User Info: El_Dustino

El_Dustino
1 month ago#48
Like, RE1 would probably appeal to more people if it played like RE4, but I do not think it is a bad thing that RE1's gameplay is how it is, because it is really good and very polished, it is just that what it is (a very old school survival horror) is not something everyone likes. Personally I and a lot of people love REmake for what it is.

That is I am not saying that a REmake of 1 would be bad, I am fine with that happening, I am just saying I do not think it is fair to say REmake is bad or outdated.
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
AC:NL Dream Address: 5700-3355-4304

User Info: Thor

Thor
1 month ago#49
darthcorpse posted...
Thor posted...
Alone in the dark: The new nightmare. I played this one on my Dreamcast. Would love a remake TC.

This is already a great game, and it got released on lots of platforms. What would you change? The atmosphere is already so creepy

I guess not so much change as refine. Bring the graphics and animations up to standard. I recently completed Alien Isolation (great game) and I couldn’t help but to think what alone in the dark: the new nightmare could look like today.
God of Thunder
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Which old horror games need to be remade?
  • Topic Archived