You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Spirit Camera

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 month ago#1
A Project Zero spin off using AR on the 3DS...sounds like a great idea...unfortunately it got poor reviews and I don't believe sold well. I have yet to get it, but am very keen, as I am a huge fan of the franchise.

Has anyone here played it? Would love to hear your thoughts. Hopefully horror afficianados might be more constructive than the reviews I have seen so far...
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: cador

cador
1 month ago#2
I love this game. Though you really can't play it in the dark for more atmosphere due to having to scan the book with the camera. Also its very short but I don't regret paying full price when it came out. Still I doubt you'll find anything like it.
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy

darthcorpse
1 month ago#3
cador posted...
I love this game. Though you really can't play it in the dark for more atmosphere due to having to scan the book with the camera. Also its very short but I don't regret paying full price when it came out. Still I doubt you'll find anything like it.

Thanks for your thoughts! I had a feeling it's be like this. Most criticised the length and the daylight playing...personally I like short games, and while daylight ghosts may not be quite as scary, it sounds to me like a great idea. I can order it for not much money, but am just nervous in case the book isn't included...which would make it unplayable.

Of course, I could avoid that issue and buy it new...as it is a 3DS game, my usual policy is to buy new and support the creators...that franchise needs as much support as it can get.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: cador

cador
1 month ago#4
darthcorpse posted...
cador posted...

Thanks for your thoughts! I had a feeling it's be like this. Most criticised the length and the daylight playing...personally I like short games, and while daylight ghosts may not be quite as scary, it sounds to me like a great idea. I can order it for not much money, but am just nervous in case the book isn't included...which would make it unplayable.

Of course, I could avoid that issue and buy it new...as it is a 3DS game, my usual policy is to buy new and support the creators...that franchise needs as much support as it can get.

The book is available online in DL form I think. Unofficially probably but you can scan it from a tablet or something. Check it out before you buy.
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy

darthcorpse
1 month ago#5
That's good to know that you can download and print it, especially if anything happens to it. Will probably buy it new though, if I can!

User Info: Dark_Epathy

Dark_Epathy
4 weeks ago#6
I played it using the PDF file on my computer. It's a cool experience for the two hours max you'll get out of it. I was actually spinning around in the room fighting the ghosts, ha.

Definitely do not pay more than ten bucks for it.
You can get the bowblade early on too... if you are a murderer.
Who isnt

darthcorpse
4 weeks ago#7
Dark_Epathy posted...
I played it using the PDF file on my computer. It's a cool experience for the two hours max you'll get out of it. I was actually spinning around in the room fighting the ghosts, ha.

Definitely do not pay more than ten bucks for it.

I get your point...it isn't a lot of gameplay for full price, but I just like to encourage developers to make more things I like...
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Dark_Epathy

Dark_Epathy
4 weeks ago#8
I think if you are a big Fatal Frame fan--I am, too--you'll get your value. I just really want to emphasize it's very short even with the sparse additional content. There's a battle mode, I think, and maybe one or two unlockables; I can't recall too well.
You can get the bowblade early on too... if you are a murderer.
Who isnt

darthcorpse
4 weeks ago#9
Dark_Epathy posted...
I think if you are a big Fatal Frame fan--I am, too--you'll get your value. I just really want to emphasize it's very short even with the sparse additional content. There's a battle mode, I think, and maybe one or two unlockables; I can't recall too well.

I have to admit I am a big fan. I love J Horror, and ghosts are one of the most appealing scary creatures for me. So I am expecting that I will enjoy this experience. The fact it is short is maybe good as well, as I have a friend who might get a kick out of completing it when he visits, and that is well within the realm of possibility with a 2 hour game.
darthcorpse posted...
ghosts are one of the most appealing scary creatures for me.

Ghosts are the scariest if done right. P.T. is a great example of that.
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Spirit Camera