• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. What kind of horror game would you make if you were a video game developer?

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
3 months ago#1
What kind of story and gameplay would it have? Would it have a supernatural story involving ghosts? Would it contain a lot of violence and gore? Would it have multiple endings? What about the characters, enemies, setting, ...? Would the main protagonist get killed in the end? Would the main character have a partner to help them in their adventure? Would they be able to fight back against the enemies? Would it happen in an isolated island? An underground laboratory? A spacecraft? A ship? A mental hospital? An old abandoned prison?...
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity

User Info: OosontheLoose

OosontheLoose
3 months ago#2
A surrealist horror game would be the s***.
NOW PLAYING: Silent Hill 2

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
3 months ago#3
OosontheLoose posted...
A surrealist horror game would be the s***.

Absolutely.

I would love to create a surrealist horror that focuses on the spiritual and supernatural. I find ghosts when done right (ie Project Zero) supremely scary. Of course this doesn't exclude some gore, as Maiden of Black Water amply proved. Very effective use of blood in that game.

But yeah I am inspired by American McGee's Alice...more a horror and gothic inspired 3D platformer than survival horror, of course, but wonderfully weird and surreal. One of my demos done in my graphics class for my masters was a bit inspires by it, actually!

I also love the concept of psychological horror like Silent Hill, where obscure meanings can be found in the creatures and circumstances you encounter.

Well I hope to have a chance to make something full fledged soon, but as I am busy with my dissertation (which includes a small horror game actually) and then after that with the job market, I don't think I will be able to make anything like a proper game. Maybe something short though.

lightningxiii-2
3 months ago#4
@darthcorpse posted...
One of my demos done in my graphics class for my masters was a bit inspires by it, actually!

Can we see that?
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
3 months ago#5
Don't see why not...here is a bad quality 30 second clip

https://youtu.be/W-_wvMTRG-M

Lots of work is needed still, but it got me a good grade.

User Info: White_Wing

White_Wing
3 months ago#6
I had an idea about starting a horror CYOA on GameFAQs earlier, a detective with supernatural motives. A love letter to Ayakashi/Mononoke, in fact, if those series are familiar to you. It never took off, though.

User Info: cador

cador
3 months ago#7
Eldritch horror type. I'm making one as a hobby in Rpgmaker MV. Not sure if I'm going to transfer over to Pixel Game Maker MV once that releases. Too bad I suck at drawing and have to make do with the standard assets.
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy
(message deleted)

User Info: JetJenkins

JetJenkins
3 months ago#9
I'd hire Kojima to make a complete P.T with a different name.
"My carriage is being prepared, I will be there at dusk; the adherents of the wheel will suffer" - the Queen's Fool

lightningxiii-2
3 months ago#10
JetJenkins posted...
I'd hire Kojima to make a complete P.T with a different name.

Good idea.
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. What kind of horror game would you make if you were a video game developer?
  • Topic Archived