• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Any japanese only games recommended?

User Info: cador

cador
3 months ago#1
Hi guys, I'm talking about the more obscure games due to it being japanese only like twilight syndrome or death wish(shiyoku). I can read the language well enough though currently I only have Nameless Game: Eye for the DS as a semi obscure game.
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
3 months ago#2
cador posted...
Hi guys, I'm talking about the more obscure games due to it being japanese only like twilight syndrome or death wish(shiyoku). I can read the language well enough though currently I only have Nameless Game: Eye for the DS as a semi obscure game.

I only know two, and maybe not so obscure...

Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
Night of the Sacrifice

Both for Wii, if you have one (Or Japanese Wii U). I believe Night of the Sacrifice uses the balance board!

I haven't played these personally but both are played by GG Gab on her YouTube channel, and she translates them as well, if that is helpful...FFIV uses some archaic characters o it might be helpful.

cador
3 months ago#3
darthcorpse posted...
cador posted...

I only know two, and maybe not so obscure...

Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
Night of the Sacrifice

Both for Wii, if you have one (Or Japanese Wii U). I believe Night of the Sacrifice uses the balance board!

I haven't played these personally but both are played by GG Gab on her YouTube channel, and she translates them as well, if that is helpful...FFIV uses some archaic characters o it might be helpful.

I've actually played those on an... *ehem* emulator. Planning to buy them both soon, and Night of sacrifice is pretty awesome. The emulator can connect to a balance board as well which I actually have. FFIV is also fan translated but I haven't gotten far. I want to buy them first so I at least officially own them.

darthcorpse
3 months ago#4
Awesome, that is so cool you got to play Night of the Sacrifice with the balance board. How was it? It is a shame we didn't get it...I think it had some interesting ideas!

As for FFIV, GG Gab wasn't happy with the fan translation, so she did a revised series with a lot of effort out into it...the plot makes more sense that way. I have watched it a few times and struggled a lot trying to understand it lol. To my mind, it is the scariest game I have watched in a playthrough. I wish it had gotten a proper release in the West.

cador
3 months ago#5
Night of sacrifice is pretty fun with the balance board. Nothing else like it for sure. Its fairly short but I suppose that is by design as the gameplay is pretty shallow and its meant more as an experience than deep gameplay.

darthcorpse
3 months ago#6
cador posted...
Night of sacrifice is pretty fun with the balance board. Nothing else like it for sure. Its fairly short but I suppose that is by design as the gameplay is pretty shallow and its meant more as an experience than deep gameplay.

Makes sense! Maybe that's why it didn't get released in the West...bit niche. They did release Ju-On: The Grudge, which is also just meant to be an experience, but that didn't so that well...I will still get it if I see it at a reasonable price, though.

User Info: darkness1018

darkness1018
3 months ago#7
Forbiddon Siren 2
The Tairyou Jigoku
Ningyo No Rakuin (not full on horror but the story gets really dark)
Sweet Home (this is actually the precursor to the Resident Evil series)
Yuuyami Doori Tankentai
Saya No Uta
Systems I Own: PS2, PS4, PSP

darthcorpse
3 months ago#8
darkness1018 posted...
Forbiddon Siren 2
The Tairyou Jigoku
Ningyo No Rakuin (not full on horror but the story gets really dark)
Sweet Home (this is actually the precursor to the Resident Evil series)
Yuuyami Doori Tankentai
Saya No Uta

We got Forbidden Siren 2 in Europe
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Any japanese only games recommended?
  • Topic Archived