• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Horror IPs that need a new game in the series

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 month ago#81
lightningxiii-2 posted...
darthcorpse posted...
I haven't played 5 and 6, and while I know they are considered good action games, many don't call them horror anymore.

True, they're both absolute action games. There's almost nothing 'horror' about them. There is one exception, though, the Lost in nightmares DLC in RE 5 Gold edition. It's fantastic, the atmosphere, the monster, ... I wish the entire game had been like that DLC. That DLC was a great survival horror experience, especially on higher difficulties. I loved it.

darthcorpse posted...
I watched a bit more footage of the RE2 remake last night...seemed to rely too much on jump scares...I hope it is better than that.

Really? I try to avoid spoilers! But I hope the game will be great. I really have high hopes for this. I hope I won't be disappointed in the end!

Yeah I am not too invested and not expecting to have a console to play it on (unless it comes out on Switch assuming I have got one by then). I hope it is good too, though!

That dlc sounds interesting, will look into it!

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
1 month ago#82
darthcorpse posted...
not expecting to have a console to play it on (unless it comes out on Switch assuming I have got one by then)

You said you had a gaming PC, right?

darthcorpse posted...

This is a full walkthrough of it if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhpAjmR5vaQ
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity

darthcorpse
1 month ago#83
darthcorpse posted...
not expecting to have a console to play it on (unless it comes out on Switch assuming I have got one by then)

You said you had a gaming PC, right?

darthcorpse posted...

This is a full walkthrough of it if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhpAjmR5vaQ

I do, but i rarely play games on it. I much prefer consoles, though I do have a lot of games on it to play...

Thanks, I will check it out!

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
1 month ago#84

That is not true at all! We need improved mechanics and controls. Outdated broken mechanics are not acceptable anymore. They don't help anything. They just make the game unplayable.

Not necessarily. It seems they're doing their job right. It's gonna be one of the best in the series.

Have you played The evil within? You consider it an action game?

You're clearly very passionate about your position, so I'm going to save us both a lot of time and just leave it at I disagree. I'm a purist, the one ***hole who thought giving Isaac Clark a voice in DS2 was a mistake, that zombies should never run, that REmake is superior for retaining fixed-camera angles, and that in survival-horror games enemies do not drop ammo. So any real discussion with me beyond this point is pretty much moot, as I'm very entrenched in my position that updating anything when remastering a game outside of visuals is an egregious detriment.

And I wouldn't know, I never played Evil Within. It looked to much like RE4, i.e., the worst game in the history of video games (I'm obviously still sore about Resident Evil becoming an action-horror series). I only play survival-horror games, here.
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718

lightningxiii-2
1 month ago#85
darthcorpse posted...
I do, but i rarely play games on it. I much prefer consoles

Why?! PC is the best gaming console, right?

Raycon posted...
I never played Evil Within. It looked to much like RE4

It's not 'at all' like RE 4, though!

Raycon posted...
I only play survival-horror games, here.

And survival horror is not about the camera and defective mechanics and controls. Games like RE Revelations and The evil within prove that. You can love fixed camera all you want, but it still doesn't change the fact that fixed camera angles and pre-rendered backgrounds were used because of the technical limitations back then. They are very outdated now and are not going to be used anymore. You may need to try quality survival horror games like the Revelations series and The evil within series. I think RE 2 remake is gonna be amazing too.
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games

darthcorpse
1 month ago#86
darthcorpse posted...

Raycon posted...
I never played Evil Within. It looked to much like RE4

It's not 'at all' like RE 4, though!

Raycon posted...
I only play survival-horror games, here.

And survival horror is not about the camera and defective mechanics and controls. Games like RE Revelations and The evil within prove that. You can love fixed camera all you want, but it still doesn't change the fact that fixed camera angles and pre-rendered backgrounds were used because of the technical limitations back then. They are very outdated now and are not going to be used anymore. You may need to try quality survival horror games like the Revelations series and The evil within series. I think RE 2 remake is gonna be amazing too.

Nope, don't agree that PC is the best. Sorry, but I am a console guy!

lightningxiii-2
1 month ago#87
darthcorpse posted...
darthcorpse posted...

I think it's the first time I'm hearing such thing!

darthcorpse
1 month ago#88
darthcorpse posted...
darthcorpse posted...

I think it's the first time I'm hearing such thing!

I could rattle off a million reasons why I prefer consoles, but I can provide at least one example of a console being better than PC...and that is RE: Revelations, in full 3D on the 3DS! ;)

Besides that, it really comes down to the games, which comes down to preference...

lightningxiii-2
1 month ago#89
darthcorpse posted...
RE: Revelations, in full 3D on the 3DS!

If only I could play it on PC!
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Horror IPs that need a new game in the series
  • Topic Archived