• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Horror IPs that need a new game in the series

User Info: Gin_Devil

Gin_Devil
3 months ago#41
Aren't they making a system shock 3?
http://www.backloggery.com/surviving_devil
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChRSnXQAwh_MtE67zVuvZzg

User Info: Mykie

Mykie
3 months ago#42
Dino Crisis remake like REmake (not 2!)

But I think it's a little too late for that :(
[ Team Kostornaya ]
https://i.imgtc.com/QZvHAAq.jpg | https://i.imgtc.com/CxIuSif.jpg

User Info: Dark_Epathy

Dark_Epathy
3 months ago#43
Dead Space 4 is the dream (assuming it were to bring the series back towards its roots and not try to wring the player of all his or her money).

I also don't think a game like Rule of Rose needs a sequel, but something like a spiritual successor would be nice. P.T. left in its wake a slew of photorealistic walking-sim-esque games in houses, and while I like first-person horror just fine, some more original third-person love would be appreciated.
You can get the bowblade early on too... if you are a murderer.
Who isnt

User Info: ShinChuck

ShinChuck
3 months ago#44
darthcorpse posted...
darkness1018 posted...
I wouldn't mind seeing a new Kuon game or Cursed Mountain. The atmosphere in hose games were great IMO. Carrier is another one id like to see make a come back.

I haven't played Kuon yet, though I hope to have a chance one day. Not sure I am familiar with Carrier...I will look it up.

But you're a fan of Cursed Mountain? Nice! In my recent bid to complete games I own and had not managed to finish before, I beat it earlier this year! You're right about the atmosphere, it was amazing. While I grew to find the ghosts less scary as the game progressed, I found the folklore aspect really in depth and amazing. The combat was a little hit and miss (which may have been my sensor bar as I have less issues using the Wii U tablet), but when it worked it was visceral and satisfying. Good use of motion controls in general. Great story, and I liked the main character. Definitely a hidden gem. Was so glad a PC version came out to hopefully widen the audience.

Cursed Mountain pops up on my "play it sometime" list, and then I quickly lose track of it as life strides onward. This topic reminded me of it, though, so I found the digital version on Amazon for dirt cheap and snapped it up!

...now I just need to find time to dig into it, with work and Dead Rising 4 keeping me busy.

Speaking of, and related to the topic, I do hope Capcom doesn't give up on Dead Rising... even if 4 was lackluster, 1 and 2 are classics, and 3 was pretty great as well. Bummer that Dead Rising 5 was shelved since it looked like Capcom Vancouver may have learned from their mistakes with 3 and 4.
GamerTag: ShinChuck, PSN: ShinChuck1

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
3 months ago#45
ShinChuck posted...
darthcorpse posted...
darkness1018 posted...
I wouldn't mind seeing a new Kuon game or Cursed Mountain. The atmosphere in hose games were great IMO. Carrier is another one id like to see make a come back.

I haven't played Kuon yet, though I hope to have a chance one day. Not sure I am familiar with Carrier...I will look it up.

But you're a fan of Cursed Mountain? Nice! In my recent bid to complete games I own and had not managed to finish before, I beat it earlier this year! You're right about the atmosphere, it was amazing. While I grew to find the ghosts less scary as the game progressed, I found the folklore aspect really in depth and amazing. The combat was a little hit and miss (which may have been my sensor bar as I have less issues using the Wii U tablet), but when it worked it was visceral and satisfying. Good use of motion controls in general. Great story, and I liked the main character. Definitely a hidden gem. Was so glad a PC version came out to hopefully widen the audience.

Cursed Mountain pops up on my "play it sometime" list, and then I quickly lose track of it as life strides onward. This topic reminded me of it, though, so I found the digital version on Amazon for dirt cheap and snapped it up!

...now I just need to find time to dig into it, with work and Dead Rising 4 keeping me busy.

Speaking of, and related to the topic, I do hope Capcom doesn't give up on Dead Rising... even if 4 was lackluster, 1 and 2 are classics, and 3 was pretty great as well. Bummer that Dead Rising 5 was shelved since it looked like Capcom Vancouver may have learned from their mistakes with 3 and 4.

If you don't mind a somewhat slow-moving, moody, and atmospheric experience, Cursed Mountain was imo worth the time. It is about 8-12 hours long I guess...I think my play was a relaxed 11, so it isn't the longest game out there. I would like them to try again with either a follow-up, though the story is resolved, or something else in the same vein.

I haven't played Dead Rising yet...But if I get a chance I will remember what you said about which are good!

User Info: xxdark91xx

xxdark91xx
3 months ago#46
Anyone here play that Juon game for the Wii the one that was a grudge simulator?
How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?-Jaden Smith,Master Philosopher

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
3 months ago#47
Welcome to the horror board @Raycon

Mykie posted...
Dino Crisis remake like REmake (not 2!)

What do you have against RE 2 remake?! And welcome to the horror board @Mykie

Dark_Epathy posted...
some more original third-person love would be appreciated.

I prefer the third person view as well, and welcome to the horror board @Dark_Epathy

darthcorpse posted...
I haven't played Dead Rising yet

I haven't played it either! I saw some videos on Youtube and didn't find it interesting. I prefer the RE games.
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
3 months ago#48
xxdark91xx posted...
Anyone here play that Juon game for the Wii the one that was a grudge simulator?

Looks interesting, I didn't know such game existed! Have you played it? I was a fan of the Grudge movie.
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity

User Info: Mykie

Mykie
3 months ago#49
lightningxiii-2 posted...
What do you have against RE 2 remake?! And welcome to the horror board @Mykie

Nothing really; I'll be getting it eventually, but Dino Crisis is one of the best old school survival horror games ever imo. It's the RE formula done best. And if it ever got a remake, it would need to be done justice like REmake did for RE1. RE2 Remake is fine imo, because RE2 was always the lightest in horror with the most action of the classics, so the new perspective fits. A remake of that calibre would be more appropriate for Dino Crisis 2 than the original.

A remake of Dino Crisis 1 needs the gameplay to be intact. So, just remake the graphics, really.
[ Team Kostornaya ]
https://i.imgtc.com/QZvHAAq.jpg | https://i.imgtc.com/CxIuSif.jpg

User Info: darkness1018

darkness1018
3 months ago#50
darthcorpse posted...
darkness1018 posted...

Another thing that really helped with the atmosphere in Cursed Mountain was the music. It was really creepy in certain parts.
Systems I Own: PS2, PS4, PSP
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Horror IPs that need a new game in the series
  • Topic Archived