• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Horror IPs that need a new game in the series

User Info: ShinChuck

ShinChuck
3 months ago#31
GTurtlte posted...
Sadly i enjoyed the 2008 Alone in the dark
Especially the crafting system and inventory space usage

It really wasn't bad... I don't regret my time with the game, and it had some great concepts. It would be nice if they took the Inferno version, fixed that further, and gave it a fresh re-release.

JetJenkins posted...
Blue Stinger!

Quite underrated! Between that and Illbleed, Climax Graphics really was a breath of fresh air in the survival horror world. Too bad they're not around anymore. :/
GamerTag: ShinChuck, PSN: ShinChuck1

User Info: JetJenkins

JetJenkins
3 months ago#32
ShinChuck posted...
GTurtlte posted...
Sadly i enjoyed the 2008 Alone in the dark
Especially the crafting system and inventory space usage

It really wasn't bad... I don't regret my time with the game, and it had some great concepts. It would be nice if they took the Inferno version, fixed that further, and gave it a fresh re-release.

JetJenkins posted...
Blue Stinger!

Quite underrated! Between that and Illbleed, Climax Graphics really was a breath of fresh air in the survival horror world. Too bad they're not around anymore. :/

Great fun! I loved the weapon selections between everything and the real time healing. It was all great. Too bad indeed, good thing I still got my working DC and Blue Stinger!
"My carriage is being prepared, I will be there at dusk; the adherents of the wheel will suffer" - the Queen's Fool

User Info: HyperIria

HyperIria
3 months ago#33
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a new Clock Tower game, or at least a new game with similar mechanics. I want to try Haunting Ground but it's so damn hard to find!

Other games I wouldn't mind seeing remade are the D games, Dino Crisis, and an Illbleed update would be great too.
HyperIria
Hunter 9799-5

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
3 months ago#34
HyperIria posted...
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a new Clock Tower game, or at least a new game with similar mechanics. I want to try Haunting Ground but it's so damn hard to find!

Other games I wouldn't mind seeing remade are the D games, Dino Crisis, and an Illbleed update would be great too.

Welcome to the horror board @HyperIria
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity

User Info: darkness1018

darkness1018
3 months ago#35
I wouldn't mind seeing a new Kuon game or Cursed Mountain. The atmosphere in hose games were great IMO. Carrier is another one id like to see make a come back.
Systems I Own: PS2, PS4

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
3 months ago#36
darkness1018 posted...
I wouldn't mind seeing a new Kuon game or Cursed Mountain. The atmosphere in hose games were great IMO. Carrier is another one id like to see make a come back.

Welcome to the horror board @darkness1018
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
3 months ago#37
darkness1018 posted...

I haven't played Kuon yet, though I hope to have a chance one day. Not sure I am familiar with Carrier...I will look it up.

But you're a fan of Cursed Mountain? Nice! In my recent bid to complete games I own and had not managed to finish before, I beat it earlier this year! You're right about the atmosphere, it was amazing. While I grew to find the ghosts less scary as the game progressed, I found the folklore aspect really in depth and amazing. The combat was a little hit and miss (which may have been my sensor bar as I have less issues using the Wii U tablet), but when it worked it was visceral and satisfying. Good use of motion controls in general. Great story, and I liked the main character. Definitely a hidden gem. Was so glad a PC version came out to hopefully widen the audience.

User Info: CatsNeverDie

CatsNeverDie
3 months ago#38
Right now I want new entries in Silent Hill and Alone in the Dark series. It has been years since we've seen a game in these series, specially Alone in the Dark. The Alone in the Dark 5 was not that bad of a game and that was in the early days of the Xbox 360.

User Info: Gin_Devil

Gin_Devil
3 months ago#39
I think @raycon @mykie @dark_epathy might have something to say on this topic <_<
http://www.backloggery.com/surviving_devil
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChRSnXQAwh_MtE67zVuvZzg

User Info: Raycon

Raycon
3 months ago#40
Who dares summon the wrath of- Oh, it's you.

Anyway, we need a new System Shock sequel. I mean, a real System Shock sequel. Dead Space was nice and all, but two completely different kinds of horror. = /

Prey wasn't bad either, but wasn't really packing in the "horror" department.
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Horror IPs that need a new game in the series
  • Topic Archived