• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Horror IPs that need a new game in the series

User Info: GTurtlte

GTurtlte
3 months ago#21
Give Alone in the dark a reboot

And a sequel to Deadly premonition
"Welcome back, To the stage of history"

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
3 months ago#22
xxdark91xx posted...
Favorite ResiEvil game for me has to be 6 I know it's the one people don't like but I just love it like a guilty pleasure!

It's not my favorite, But I cannot deny the fact that I had lots of fun with the beautiful badass artistic melee moves in that game! I never get tired of performing those fantastic melee attacks! The game has lots of replay value. RE 6 is not great, but it's good. I gave it a 7/10 on Metacritic.

Leon is also awesome in RE 6, my favorite character in that game. I believe RE 6 Leon is the best male character ever created! He has the best appearance and personality among all the male characters I've ever seen in video games (and also real life!). My favorite in the series has always been Claire, though.
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity

User Info: ShinChuck

ShinChuck
3 months ago#23
GTurtlte posted...
Give Alone in the dark a reboot

And a sequel to Deadly premonition

How did I forget these two? I adore Deadly Premonition, picked it up shortly after its release on 360 and fell in love. It's one of those games that isn't spectacular in any individual way, but together it makes up exactly the sort of game that I live for. If I could only play a dozen games for the rest of my life, DP would almost certainly be on that list.

Alone in the Dark just can't get a break... it set the stage for Resident Evil, but the originals pale in comparison to the early REs. The New Nightmare was pretty solid on the Dreamcast, and then, after all that hype, the 2008 one was so... ugh. The Inferno version should have been the launch version, but even that was a little lacking. Then there was Illumination...

How do you punt not one but THREE reboots of the series that started the whole "3D survival horror" thing?

On that note, refreshing my memory on The New Nightmare brought to my attention that the devs behind it also did Cold Fear. That was another one that was almost-decent. A sequel or remake to polish the style up could be/have been something good.
GamerTag: ShinChuck, PSN: ShinChuck1

GTurtlte
3 months ago#24
Sadly i enjoyed the 2008 Alone in the dark

Especially the crafting system and inventory space usage

User Info: xxdark91xx

xxdark91xx
3 months ago#25
lightningxiii-2 posted...
xxdark91xx posted...
Favorite ResiEvil game for me has to be 6 I know it's the one people don't like but I just love it like a guilty pleasure!

It's not my favorite, But I cannot deny the fact that I had lots of fun with the beautiful badass artistic melee moves in that game! I never get tired of performing those fantastic melee attacks! The game has lots of replay value. RE 6 is not great, but it's good. I gave it a 7/10 on Metacritic.

Leon is also awesome in RE 6, my favorite character in that game. I believe RE 6 Leon is the best male character ever created! He has the best appearance and personality among all the male characters I've ever seen in video games (and also real life!). My favorite in the series has always been Claire, though.

My favorite was always Chris Redfield he has been my favorite character in the series
How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?-Jaden Smith,Master Philosopher

User Info: xxdark91xx

xxdark91xx
3 months ago#26
We need a new Alan Wake
How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?-Jaden Smith,Master Philosopher

GTurtlte
3 months ago#27
xxdark91xx posted...
We need a new Alan Wake

This i agree

Cant believe i forgot about that one

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
3 months ago#28
xxdark91xx posted...
lightningxiii-2 posted...
xxdark91xx posted...

My favorite was always Chris Redfield he has been my favorite character in the series

Chris was great until RE 6 ruined his character.

xxdark91xx posted...
We need a new Alan Wake

I didn't like it very much. It wasn't a bad game, but its mechanics and controls really needed improvement. I wasn't comfortable with the gameplay, especially the combat. I had to lower the difficulty and play on easy. Alan wasn't likable either. His friend, 'Barry', was a lot better and more likable. The graphics were great, though (for a game released in 2012), and the story was really interesting. In fact, the story was the only part of the game that kept me going.

Overall, I gave the game a 6/10 on Metacritic and I think that was a fair score. Have you played American nightmare? I tried it once and didn't find it interesting, so just stopped playing and removed it from my computer forever. The gameplay seemed to be improved in that one, though.
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
3 months ago#29
I quite enjoyed trying Alan Wake when inwas at a friend's place. Seemed really cool.

I also enjoyed Deadly Premonitions on the same basis, that I tried it out. Those backwards bending people were super creepy

User Info: JetJenkins

JetJenkins
3 months ago#30
Blue Stinger!
"My carriage is being prepared, I will be there at dusk; the adherents of the wheel will suffer" - the Queen's Fool
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Horror IPs that need a new game in the series
  • Topic Archived