• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Horror IPs that need a new game in the series

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 month ago#161
lightningxiii-2 posted...
GTurtlte posted...
evilpresident posted...
GTurtlte posted...
I wish parasite eve would get rebooted. Great story and atmosphere.

Agreed. Square Enix apparently renewed the license so here's hoping for a revival/reboot of the series.

Lets hope they make a smart decision and reboot it

I've heard a lot of good things about that game, but I can't stand role-playing games. They are unnecessarily big and the characters talk too much! I'm not a fan of too many huge areas with numerous side quests and plenty of options in each conversation. I played Final fantasy XIII-2 and its sequel only because of my beloved 'Lightning'!

darthcorpse posted...
Glitches happen because of mistakes in code or because of miscommunication between resources. Power doesn't negate glitches. And some consoles are much easier or harder to develop for then others. Also pc relies on lots of components the user can change talking to each other...so I would expect more glitches on PC than other systems by and large because you can't rely on one player's system being identical to the next player's system. Consoles are a lot more uniform.

There's a game I've played a lot and experienced almost no glitches while playing (aside from one or two), whereas console players reported a lot of glitches I've never encountered in that game! It was very surprising to me, actually. There is also another game people experienced heavy framerate drops while playing it on the consoles, whereas I experienced only a little.

Frame rate drops are not glitches and yes of course the latest hardware can improve this. This is where Pcs have their advantage...Consoles are not able to be upgrade in the same way, so if a game doesn't optimise properly or does too much for the hardware, then yes you can have bad frame rates on consoles.

Glitches or bugs can occur on consoles if the developers don't know the system well enough to harness it properly, and it could be that for the PC version, their knowledge is better, so they are able to avoid or fix those bugs. Alternatively, the PC version may come later, and they may have had the chance to fix the bug for that version. Nowadays it is possible to patch games after release, so these days many developers are lazy or rushed and release the game broken even on consoles. This is why Fallout 76 for example is getting so much hate.

This has nothing to do with the inherent stability of either PCs or consoles...It is down to how well developers know the system they are working with, or how well they are able to harness the system given the often hectic development schedules they work towards.

That many PC games actually run reasonably well is a miracle given how many variables there are for developers to deal with.

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
1 month ago#162
darthcorpse posted...
Nowadays it is possible to patch games after release, so these days many developers are lazy or rushed and release the game broken even on consoles. This is why Fallout 76 for example is getting so much hate.

Have you tried 'Shadow of the tomb raider'? I played it three months after release and was mad with the number of glitches I experienced in that game, including game crashes! And my system meets the recommended requirements, so I don't know what the hell is wrong! I think that's because another developer made this and they apparently didn't know how to do their job right since I didn't have any problems with the previous two games made by Crystal Dynamics.

darthcorpse posted...
That many PC games actually run reasonably well is a miracle given how many variables there are for developers to deal with.

It can't be a miracle! Everything has a reason, right?
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
1 month ago#163
lightningxiii-2 posted...
darthcorpse posted...
Nowadays it is possible to patch games after release, so these days many developers are lazy or rushed and release the game broken even on consoles. This is why Fallout 76 for example is getting so much hate.

Have you tried 'Shadow of the tomb raider'? I played it three months after release and was mad with the number of glitches I experienced in that game, including game crashes! And my system meets the recommended requirements, so I don't know what the hell is wrong! I think that's because another developer made this and they apparently didn't know how to do their job right since I didn't have any problems with the previous two games made by Crystal Dynamics.

darthcorpse posted...

It can't be a miracle! Everything has a reason, right?

You'd think so, but with complex systems, it is just easier to say it is a miracle lol
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Horror IPs that need a new game in the series
  • Topic Archived