• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Horror IPs that need a new game in the series

User Info: ShinChuck

ShinChuck
3 months ago#121
darthcorpse posted...
yadehtsiyadot posted...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=afpf508tDeU

That is...wow...that is amazing. I had seen some snippets, but not the whole video. This makes me think of a combination of Project Zero, Silent Hill, and Clock Tower, with some proper RE to back it up. I loved the crazy haunted house type things, like the suits of armour attacking you, or the deer head falling off. The dolls were a nice touch as well. The hook guy was pretty amazing as well.

What a huge shame this wasn't developed into a full game. RE4 is great, but this looks like the sequel we should have received.

I adore RE4. All the same, I would have loved to have seen this one come to life as well. I honestly don't know if I could pick!

With fans finishing up Resident Evil 1.5, I do have some slim hope we might someday see something based on this version of RE4...
GamerTag: ShinChuck, PSN: ShinChuck1

ShinChuck
3 months ago#122
Mynash posted...
Has anyone played Koudelka?

That whole series is one I think about every few years and debate playing through (I think I have all the titles back home). I briefly played the first Shadow Hearts, and I was never sure why I didn't play further into it.

User Info: GTurtlte

GTurtlte
3 months ago#123
What about Eternal Darkness sanity’s requiem ??

Never played it myself but is very good
"Welcome back, To the stage of history"

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
3 months ago#124
GTurtlte posted...

There was at least one attempt to crowdfund a sequel, but it didn't work out...such a tragedy. Eternal Darkness is a superb game, definitely one of the best stories in gaming, with excellent gameplay, atmosphere and cosmic horror.

User Info: yadehtsiyadot

yadehtsiyadot
3 months ago#125
darthcorpse posted...
GTurtlte posted...

There was at least one attempt to crowdfund a sequel, but it didn't work out...such a tragedy. Eternal Darkness is a superb game, definitely one of the best stories in gaming, with excellent gameplay, atmosphere and cosmic horror.

Agreed.
Bloodborne: https://www.youtube.com/PraiseTheHunt
Bedlam Video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthYLU5wCVu2MdhqTFlj3RQ

ShinChuck
3 months ago#126
yadehtsiyadot posted...
darthcorpse posted...
GTurtlte posted...

Agreed.

Totally. The GameCube was a pretty good place for survival horror there for a while.

GTurtlte
3 months ago#127
ShinChuck posted...
yadehtsiyadot posted...
darthcorpse posted...
GTurtlte posted...

Agreed.

Totally. The GameCube was a pretty good place for survival horror there for a while.

Its suprising that the most family oriented console had the most horror s*** ever

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
3 months ago#128
GTurtlte posted...
ShinChuck posted...
yadehtsiyadot posted...
darthcorpse posted...
GTurtlte posted...

Agreed.

Its suprising that the most family oriented console had the most horror s*** ever

I think that was about the time Nintendo was trying to shake that image a little. They themselves published Eternal Darkness, and they also tried to start a mature FPS franchise with Geist, and of course all the RE attention the console got. Also Metroid is not too kiddy in focus, and Zelda Twilight Princess was a fairly dark entry in that series.

Now they own or co-own Fatal Frame and Bayonetta as well... I hope they do more with these more mature IPs.

GTurtlte
3 months ago#129
darthcorpse posted...
GTurtlte posted...
ShinChuck posted...
yadehtsiyadot posted...
darthcorpse posted...
GTurtlte posted...

Agreed.

I think that was about the time Nintendo was trying to shake that image a little. They themselves published Eternal Darkness, and they also tried to start a mature FPS franchise with Geist, and of course all the RE attention the console got. Also Metroid is not too kiddy in focus, and Zelda Twilight Princess was a fairly dark entry in that series.

Now they own or co-own Fatal Frame and Bayonetta as well... I hope they do more with these more mature IPs.

Im sure they will

User Info: xxdark91xx

xxdark91xx
3 months ago#130
GTurtlte posted...
darthcorpse posted...
GTurtlte posted...
ShinChuck posted...
yadehtsiyadot posted...
darthcorpse posted...
GTurtlte posted...

Agreed.

Im sure they will

We are getting a bayonetta 3 soon and I hope they can do a port of maiden of black water then give us another fatal frame after
How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?-Jaden Smith,Master Philosopher
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Horror IPs that need a new game in the series
  • Topic Archived