• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Horror IPs that need a new game in the series

User Info: Gin_Devil

Gin_Devil
3 months ago#11
xxdark91xx posted...
Gin_Devil posted...
I mean, fatal frame did get a fifth game a couple years ago on Wii u (and it was pretty good).

On topic, I would love for new games in: Silent Hill, Dino Crisis, Parasite Eve, Clock Tower, and Haunt Ground.

It did but unfortunately not many people bought the game and got to experience it and man was it a good game if it got a port to the switch or the other current consoles I would double dip

Yea definitely. There was next to no ads or news on it at all. It took 4 months after the release for me to even know it came out. I would definitely double dip as well.
http://www.backloggery.com/surviving_devil
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChRSnXQAwh_MtE67zVuvZzg

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
3 months ago#12
Gin_Devil posted...
xxdark91xx posted...
Gin_Devil posted...
I mean, fatal frame did get a fifth game a couple years ago on Wii u (and it was pretty good).

On topic, I would love for new games in: Silent Hill, Dino Crisis, Parasite Eve, Clock Tower, and Haunt Ground.

It did but unfortunately not many people bought the game and got to experience it and man was it a good game if it got a port to the switch or the other current consoles I would double dip

Yea definitely. There was next to no ads or news on it at all. It took 4 months after the release for me to even know it came out. I would definitely double dip as well.

Horror games need better marketing. I even made a topic about this:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games/77242010
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity

User Info: xxdark91xx

xxdark91xx
3 months ago#13
@xxdark91xx posted...
lightningxiii-2 posted...
I agree, nice topic! We need remakes as well. Have you heard about Resident evil 2 remake? We need more horror game remakes like that.

Yes I have that game pre ordered and ready to go,I have the collector's edition on pre order

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna play that. I've heard the collector's edition is about 200$, right? Expensive, isn't it? You must be a hardcore RE fan, right? I'm an RE fan too, but I'll never pay that much for it! Anyway, what console are you going to play it on?

Pricey but yeah been a hardcore Resident Evil fan for years and some of the goodies it comes with I can't resist!I'll be playing on my PS4 but planning on getting an Xbox One X to play it in 4k
How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?-Jaden Smith,Master Philosopher

xxdark91xx
3 months ago#14
Gin_Devil posted...
xxdark91xx posted...
Gin_Devil posted...

Horror games need better marketing. I even made a topic about this:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games/77242010

Yeah definitely I didn't even know the game exisisted until I bought a used Wii U and the previous owner had downloaded it so I gave it a shot and man was I happy.You ever played cursed memoir on the 3ds?

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
3 months ago#15
xxdark91xx posted...
been a hardcore Resident Evil fan for years

What's your favorite game in the series? Mine is Revelations followed by Revelations 2.

xxdark91xx posted...
some of the goodies it comes with I can't resist!

Funny!

xxdark91xx posted...
I'll be playing on my PS4 but planning on getting an Xbox One X to play it in 4k

You buying a console just for that game?! How about PS pro? You can play it in 4k by a PS pro too, right? Which one is better, PS or Xbox?

xxdark91xx posted...
You ever played cursed memoir on the 3ds?

No, never heard of it, and I've never played anything on any console besides PC.
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity

User Info: ShinChuck

ShinChuck
3 months ago#16
ShinChuck posted...
I'd love to see an Illbleed 2 and a D3. Heck, I'd take remakes of either as well. The technology is so much better now that they could be even better experiences.

Glad to see you here @ShinChuck You're always welcome here.

Thanks, my friend!

xxdark91xx posted...
ShinChuck posted...
I'd love to see an Illbleed 2 and a D3. Heck, I'd take remakes of either as well. The technology is so much better now that they could be even better experiences.

I have never heard of those games man I need to play more horror

They're probably a little obscure, but my knowledge on Saturn/Dreamcast-era Sega is probably a little bit obsessive.

Illbleed and D2 were on the Dreamcast, and the first D was on Saturn/PSX/PC/3DO, way back. Illbleed in particular was memorable to me as it wasn't so much scary as it was unnerving and weird in an uncanny sort of way. Yeah, it was creepy and atmospheric at times, but more than that it's just strange. It takes place in a demented theme park where the visitors die while trying to claim the prize. Crazy lumberjacks, a Toy Story-inspired segment, an evil Sonic the Hedgehog parody... it's pretty wild. A port was planned for the original XBox, but it never happened. :(

The first D was an okay-ish FMV game, but 2 was a more straightforward survival horror game set in a frozen Canadian wilderness after the protagonist's plane crash lands. It's not the most amazing game from a gameplay standpoint, but it has a tense, unique air about it that I occasionally long to revisit.

(Random fact: D2 was originally going to be on the mostly-forgotten Panasonic M2 console, a follow-up to the 3DO.)

Bit of a ramble, sorry about that!
GamerTag: ShinChuck, PSN: ShinChuck1

xxdark91xx
3 months ago#17
xxdark91xx posted...
been a hardcore Resident Evil fan for years

What's your favorite game in the series? Mine is Revelations followed by Revelations 2.

xxdark91xx posted...
some of the goodies it comes with I can't resist!

Funny!

xxdark91xx posted...
I'll be playing on my PS4 but planning on getting an Xbox One X to play it in 4k

You buying a console just for that game?! How about PS pro? You can play it in 4k by a PS pro too, right? Which one is better, PS or Xbox?

xxdark91xx posted...
You ever played cursed memoir on the 3ds?

No, never heard of it, and I've never played anything on any console besides PC.

Favorite ResiEvil game for me has to be 6 I know it's the one people don't like but I just love it like a guilty pleasure! I have a PS4 slim and an Xbox one original so I feel like upgrading to an X! From that special edition I really want that cool Leon statue.

xxdark91xx
3 months ago#18
ShinChuck posted...
ShinChuck posted...

Glad to see you here @ShinChuck You're always welcome here.

Thanks, my friend!

xxdark91xx posted...
ShinChuck posted...

I have never heard of those games man I need to play more horror

They're probably a little obscure, but my knowledge on Saturn/Dreamcast-era Sega is probably a little bit obsessive.

Illbleed and D2 were on the Dreamcast, and the first D was on Saturn/PSX/PC/3DO, way back. Illbleed in particular was memorable to me as it wasn't so much scary as it was unnerving and weird in an uncanny sort of way. Yeah, it was creepy and atmospheric at times, but more than that it's just strange. It takes place in a demented theme park where the visitors die while trying to claim the prize. Crazy lumberjacks, a Toy Story-inspired segment, an evil Sonic the Hedgehog parody... it's pretty wild. A port was planned for the original XBox, but it never happened. :(

The first D was an okay-ish FMV game, but 2 was a more straightforward survival horror game set in a frozen Canadian wilderness after the protagonist's plane crash lands. It's not the most amazing game from a gameplay standpoint, but it has a tense, unique air about it that I occasionally long to revisit.

(Random fact: D2 was originally going to be on the mostly-forgotten Panasonic M2 console, a follow-up to the 3DO.)

Bit of a ramble, sorry about that!

Hey a good educational ramble is awesome and we'll needed!Now I need to invest in some retro consoles so I can play those games and hunt them down

User Info: darthcorpse

darthcorpse
3 months ago#19
I was also one one of the lucky few to play Maiden of Black Water. It was not easy I think for NA horror fans to get hold of it due to the size and lack of physical copy. In Europe we did manage to get one, however. It was due to a friend tipping me off that it was in stock at the Nintendo online store again that I managed to get it...and it immediately went out of stock just after i got my order in. It took me my usual long time to beat it (30 odd hours over months lol), and I still have to get the rest of the endings, but I seriously loved the experience. It was beautiful and had a lot of emotional resonance imo, and most importantly it was terrifying. I didn't think it was too bad at the start, but it got under my skin over time! I seriously hope that a Switch port happens, but as the game was uniquely built for the Wii U, it seems unlikely. I hope that if a port proves impossible that at least the poor sales don't put them off from making a unique experience for the Switch. The series deserves some mainstream attention now...and just as that happened for Bayonetta at long last, maybe it'll also happen for this series.

As for Cursed Memoir, it seems that is the game we call Spirit Camera over here...I have had this on my wishlist for some time now. It isn't expensive but I just haven't seen it anywhere. It has poor review scores, but as reviewers are entitled morons often with no soul getting paid for very little work, and happy to crap on other people's hard work, who cares what they say! I think an AR experience in the Project Zero (Fatal Frame) universe sounds great!

As I am so behind with my gaming backlog, my hope for new games in various series is mainly due to my hope they do well, and encourage more unique experiences to be created.

But it is nice to see games like Clock Tower, D, Haunting Ground (though that is spiritually a Clock Tower game too), Illbleed and others get some love here. I haven't played the latter yet, but a good friend introduced me to D and the PlayStation 1 and 2 CT games.

I guess another franchise which died ingloriously with the last entry would be Alone in the Dark. The New Nightmare is a fairly awesome game imo. It plays like RE, but adds Lovecraftian horror, and has a really grimy and unsettling feel, partly because of the cold industrial soundtrack.

And of course one of Nintendo's own IPs that they appear to have forgotten about is Eternal Darkness. This game was supposed to get a follow-up, but alas the guy doing all the Kickstarter stuff seems to be dodgy, and so it went nowhere. But that game was the first survival horror I completed, and talk about Lovecraftian influence! It was amazingly well done.

Lastly, for now, it would be nice to see the devs behind Rule of Rose make something new in the horror style, assuming they haven't already. That game was weird and unsettling. I watched a good play through of it a little while ago. No idea what it was about, but it was really odd, mostly in a good way, although one character was creepy in a way that goes beyond horror and was pretty unpleasant.

User Info: Gin_Devil

Gin_Devil
3 months ago#20
I still need to get a copy of role of rose, though that won't be anytime soon since the price keeps going up (last I saw it was up to 300 for just the disc.

I ended up importing Haunting Ground for the UK since it was much cheaper then over here (last I looked it was up to 80 dollars for just the disc)

I still need to beat some that I have. Due to ps+ I got Soma for free this month, and a couple months/year back got the amnesia collection from them as well. Still need to get around to playing Siren (Forbidden Siren I believe across the pond) and the second Outlast as well.

Oh and silent hill 4. I have it but never beat it. Last mainline one for me to play.

Though I probably should get the original Silent Hill 2 and 3, I've only experienced them in the hd collection. They weren't to bad though some framerate problems in 3 (and Heather sounding like a 30 year old smoker) and the only problems I had with 2 were it had less fog then the original, and there was a second after exiting the inventory screen that the game started before you could see.

I was also playing them unmatched, so that couple be the reason.
http://www.backloggery.com/surviving_devil
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChRSnXQAwh_MtE67zVuvZzg
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. Horror IPs that need a new game in the series
  • Topic Archived