You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. What is your favorite horror game/series?

User Info: Mr_Mason_W2DS

Mr_Mason_W2DS
1 month ago#81
Hard to say what my favorite horror series is, because I like several different series for different reasons, meaning it would be comparing apples to oranges.

Alone in the Dark, for the original and "The New Nightmare," may be my favorite Western Hemisphere style classic haunted house series.

But Fatal Frame is my favorite Eastern style haunted house series.

Meanwhile Silent Hill is my favorite series for surreal, hellish, psychological horror.

Clock Tower remains my favorite "run and hide" style horror.

And...indeed, Resident Evil, when they actually stick to horror, may remain my favorite "Sci-Fi" horror series.

So...yeah, it's hard to choose any one series. Even with this list, it was hard to do, because every good survival horror game is unique and offers an experience like no other game quite does. Sometimes, that specific game is what I want, and no other game will do. So...in a way, my favorite Survival Horror game of all is "Whatever I most want to play right now."

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
1 month ago#82
Mr_Mason_W2DS posted...
my favorite Survival Horror game of all is "Whatever I most want to play right now."

Nice answer, and welcome to the horror board @Mr_Mason_W2DS Glad to see you here.
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity

User Info: Mr_Mason_W2DS

Mr_Mason_W2DS
1 month ago#83
lightningxiii-2 posted...
Mr_Mason_W2DS posted...
my favorite Survival Horror game of all is "Whatever I most want to play right now."

Nice answer, and welcome to the horror board @Mr_Mason_W2DS Glad to see you here.

Thanks @lightningxiii-2! Good to be here!

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
1 month ago#84
Mr_Mason_W2DS posted...
lightningxiii-2 posted...
Mr_Mason_W2DS posted...

Thanks @lightningxiii-2! Good to be here!

You're always welcome here.
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. What is your favorite horror game/series?