You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. What is your favorite horror game/series?

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
3 months ago#71
The main horror movies I liked was the Alien series and Van Helsing.
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
3 months ago#72
gwwak posted...
The main horror movies I liked was the Alien series and Van Helsing.

The first true horror movie I watched was The grudge, if I remember right.
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
3 months ago#73
Yeah the ones I listed are not really horror movies.
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: StoneyEyedPunk

StoneyEyedPunk
3 months ago#74
gwwak posted...
Yeah the ones I listed are not really horror movies.

The first Alien movie is definitely horror.

User Info: weidaf

weidaf
3 months ago#75
I love Resident Evil franchise. I prefer the original concept of RE with fix camera angle and focus on survival horror rather than action.
I enjoy horror theme games like Silent Hill, Evil Within, Fatal Frame, The Last of Us, Until Dawn, Beyond Two Souls, Left 4 Dead, Killing Floor, and Dead By Daylight.
If you can't have fun doing this, you're doing it wrong

lightningxiii-2
3 months ago#76
weidaf posted...
I love Resident Evil franchise.

So do I!

weidaf posted...
I prefer the original concept of RE with fix camera angle and focus on survival horror rather than action.

I also prefer survival horror to action shooter, but I can't stand fixed camera. Have you played the new RE game? (I mean RE 2 remake)

weidaf posted...
I enjoy horror theme games like Silent Hill, Evil Within

I'm also a fan of The evil within games. Have you played The evil within 2?

And welcome to the horror board @weidaf
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games

weidaf
3 months ago#77
lightningxiii-2 posted...

I also prefer survival horror to action shooter, but I can't stand fixed camera. Have you played the new RE game? (I mean RE 2 remake)

I'm also a fan of The evil within games. Have you played The evil within 2?

And welcome to the horror board @weidaf

I haven't played Re2 remake yet, I really enjoyed the demo and planning to buy it soon. I wish re2 remake had fix camera angle.

I bought evil within 1 and 2 last year and I fiished the first game but I haven't played the second one yet. In my opinion Evil Within series didn't have strong storyline and charismatic main character so i kinda lost interest to continue. But I like the gameplay mechanic from Evil Within 1 and I will give a try for Evil Within 2. (ps I like the mysterious nurse inside the Safe Haven and the story from collectible newspapers)

Thank You for the warm welcome

lightningxiii-2
3 months ago#78
@weidaf posted...
I wish re2 remake had fix camera angle.

To be honest, I'm glad it didn't! I knew it wouldn't. It doesn't make sense for them to use fixed camera angles for a 2019 game. I think you will also agree with me after playing the game. You'll be glad it has over the shoulder camera. Many old fans who wanted this to have fixed camera at first changed their mind after playing the game.

weidaf posted...
In my opinion Evil Within series didn't have strong storyline and charismatic main character so i kinda lost interest to continue. But I like the gameplay mechanic from Evil Within 1 and I will give a try for Evil Within 2.

I agree that Sebastian is an almost emotionless bland character in the first game, but that changes in the sequel. You should try it. It's a great game. It's easier than the first one, overall, and has some open world-like areas. It doesn't have unfair traps everywhere like the first one and let you craft ammunition and health items if needed.

It also has a Classic difficulty with only 7 manual saves which is really challenging. I didn't want to even try it at first, but I finally did (after beating the game on both the Survival and Nightmare difficulties) and did not regret it! It was very tense yet exciting at the same time.

Some people prefer the sequel to the first one. I personally enjoyed both of them and gave them both an 8/10 on Metacritic. They're both great survival horror games. I also agree with you about the mechanics. Both games have good mechanics and controls and play fine.
(edited 3 months ago)

weidaf
3 months ago#79
@lightningxiii-2 posted...

You'll be glad it has over the shoulder camera. Many old fans who wanted this to have fixed camera at first changed their mind after playing the game.

Some people prefer the sequel to the first one. I personally enjoyed both of them and gave them both an 8/10 on Metacritic. They're both great survival horror games. I also agree with you about the mechanics. Both games have good mechanics and controls and play fine.

Yeah maybe Re2 remake is better fit with over the shoulder. I have no problem with over the shoulder view except the first person view (the reason I don't want to play Re 7). Fixed camera angle give me nostalgic feeling for Re classic. When I was a kid I used to watched my father playing Re and that's the nostalgic feeling I wanted to get from fixed camera angle. The first Re I have had finished by myself was Re 4. Back in 2015 my father bought me Re original remastered for ps4. He pushed me to play that game. At first I was skeptical with fixed camera angle. I thought it was old school. But after I tried it, I really enjoyed the nostalgic feeling. And I think both Re 0 and Re 1 remastered are great games

Wow I can't wait to try Evil Within 2. I will give a try this weekend. Hopefully it will live to the expectation.

@lightningxiii-2 what's your opinion about Resident Evil 6?

lightningxiii-2
3 months ago#80
@weidaf posted...
except the first person view (the reason I don't want to play Re 7)

I'm not a fan of the first person view either, but I played RE 7 because it was a RE game!

weidaf posted...
Fixed camera angle give me nostalgic feeling for Re classic. When I was a kid I used to watched my father playing Re and that's the nostalgic feeling I wanted to get from fixed camera angle. The first Re I have had finished by myself was Re 4. Back in 2015 my father bought me Re original remastered for ps4. He pushed me to play that game. At first I was skeptical with fixed camera angle. I thought it was old school. But after I tried it, I really enjoyed the nostalgic feeling. And I think both Re 0 and Re 1 remastered are great games

Yes, I think the only reason some old fans want them back is nostalgia. I also played the 2015 RE remastered, but I hated the camera and mechanics, so I got rid of the game afterwards. I never played a second playthrough. I couldn't stand the camera, mechanics, and controls. The inventory was also beyond stupid and made the game even more frustrating.

The fact that it had forced auto aim and there was no actual combat didn't help either. The bosses and boss battles were awful. The graphics were also bad. It was supposed to be HD, but they had used the same old backgrounds. The only things I liked about the game were the puzzles, Lisa Trever, and of course, Jill! I gave it a 2/10 on Metacritic.

weidaf posted...
@lightningxiii-2 what's your opinion about Resident Evil 6?

It's a pure action game. there's nothing 'survival horror' about it if that's what you're after, but it's still a decent entertaining action adventure. There's a lot of stuff your character can do, especially compared to the other RE games. I'm personally a fan of the melee moves. They're artistic, beautiful, and very fun to perform (I avoided using guns as much as possible).

It has very high replay value. Leon is also awesome in this game if you're a Leon fan. The Mercenaries is lots of fun too. The game is not fantastic, but it's still decent and enjoyable. I gave it a 7/10 on Metacritic.
(edited 3 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. What is your favorite horror game/series?