You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. What is your favorite horror game/series?

User Info: lightningxiii-2

lightningxiii-2
1 month ago#51
darkness1018 posted...
lightningxiii-2 posted...
@darkness1018 posted...
The Evil Within 2

What makes this a better game than the first one for you? The open-world like sections? More focus on stealth?... Just curious.

Don't think I dislike the first game, I don't I just felt the second did everything better IMO. I loved the open world sections, better stealth, story, characters. The ending was also better IMO.

I liked the open-world sections as well, but I wasn't really a fan of the ending. It was too dramatic for a horror game, in my opinion. And yes, Sebastian had a better character in this one. He was too bland and emotionless in the first game. I also loved Stefano. He should've been the main villain. It's a great game, but unfortunately, the second half of it is not as good as the first half. The first half of the game had creepier better-designed monsters, better atmosphere, and a much better villain.

Overall, both were great games and I personally liked and enjoyed both of them. I gave them both an 8/10 on Metacritic. I would've given the sequel a 9/10 if the second half of it was as good as the first half.
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: yadehtsiyadot

yadehtsiyadot
1 month ago#52
darkness1018 posted...
yadehtsiyadot posted...
darkness1018 posted...
Favorite horror game series:

Resident Evil
Silent Hill
The Evil Within
Dead Space
Onimusha

Favorite horror games:

Resident Evil 1,2,4,7
Silent Hill 1,2,3
Kuon
The Evil Within 2
Dead Space 1,2
Onimusha 1,3
Alien Isolation

@darkness1018
Kuon was cool. You ever play Deadly Premonition, Haunting Ground, or Rule of Rose?

I feel the first The Evil Within is the better game, but the second one is the better experience. If that makes any sense.

Deadly Premonition was a nice twin peaks types but not one of my favorites. Rule of Rose ive never played & with the prices it goes for I probably never will lol. Haunting Ground I got extremely lucky on, found it for $5 a few weeks back but haven't played it yet.

@darkness1018
Yeah, it's a shame how much Rule of Rose goes for. If I still had my copy, I would give it to you so you could experience it. The gameplay is mediocre, but the atmosphere and story are awesome.

That's a great snag for Haunting Ground. Wonderful atmosphere and story in that one as well.
Bloodborne: https://www.youtube.com/PraiseTheHunt
Bedlam Video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthYLU5wCVu2MdhqTFlj3RQ

User Info: darkness1018

darkness1018
1 month ago#53
yadehtsiyadot posted...
darkness1018 posted...
yadehtsiyadot posted...
darkness1018 posted...

Resident Evil
Silent Hill
The Evil Within
Dead Space
Onimusha

Favorite horror games:

Resident Evil 1,2,4,7
Silent Hill 1,2,3
Kuon
The Evil Within 2
Dead Space 1,2
Onimusha 1,3
Alien Isolation

@darkness1018
Kuon was cool. You ever play Deadly Premonition, Haunting Ground, or Rule of Rose?

I feel the first The Evil Within is the better game, but the second one is the better experience. If that makes any sense.

Deadly Premonition was a nice twin peaks types but not one of my favorites. Rule of Rose ive never played & with the prices it goes for I probably never will lol. Haunting Ground I got extremely lucky on, found it for $5 a few weeks back but haven't played it yet.

@darkness1018
Yeah, it's a shame how much Rule of Rose goes for. If I still had my copy, I would give it to you so you could experience it. The gameplay is mediocre, but the atmosphere and story are awesome.

That's a great snag for Haunting Ground. Wonderful atmosphere and story in that one as well.

Im looking forward to staring Haunting Ground soon. The same person I bought HG from also had Clock Tower 3 for $5 which I also grabbed. I sort of remember starting it around it when it first came out but never finished it. If you are a fan of the movie The Thing & haven't played the game that's one id suggest also. I picked it up again recently since I ever got to finish it when I had it on the original XB. Another good little known horror game is The X-Files: Resist or Serve. Its got the voice cast form the show & plays almost exactly like the older Resident Evil games.
Systems I Own: PS2, PS4, PSP

User Info: CatsNeverDie

CatsNeverDie
1 month ago#54
CatsNeverDie posted...
I love the Resident Evil series also; Silent Hill, Alone in the Dark, The Evil Within, Obscure was good as well.

I'm a fan of the RE and TEW games too, and welcome to the horror board @CatsNeverDie

Thanks for the warm welcome. I love the horror board.

User Info: GMFrq

GMFrq
2 weeks ago#55
Between Resident evil series and Silent Hill, IMO Silent Hill had more suspense, what is around the next corner and behind the next door, BGM, SE and story line very good. When it came out I played and finished RE3 I think 20+ times. Silent Hill only once. Playing the game at night in the dark and hearing noises, looking over your shoulder. Replayed RE1, 2 and 3 and Silent Hill a few weeks ago as part of my nostalgia trip. Still good titles to own.

GMFrq
2 weeks ago#56
darkness1018 posted...

Resident Evil
Silent Hill
The Evil Within
Dead Space
Onimusha

Favorite horror games:

Resident Evil 1,2,4,7
Silent Hill 1,2,3
Kuon
The Evil Within 2
Dead Space 1,2
Onimusha 1,3
Alien Isolation

Dead space I can agree on. Loved 1 and 2 (replay/replay/replay), just had to buy #3 and pre-release ordered, but it was not that good for me, did not even finish it.

User Info: yadehtsiyadot

yadehtsiyadot
2 weeks ago#57
GMFrq posted...
darkness1018 posted...

Resident Evil
Silent Hill
The Evil Within
Dead Space
Onimusha

Favorite horror games:

Resident Evil 1,2,4,7
Silent Hill 1,2,3
Kuon
The Evil Within 2
Dead Space 1,2
Onimusha 1,3
Alien Isolation

Dead space I can agree on. Loved 1 and 2 (replay/replay/replay), just had to buy #3 and pre-release ordered, but it was not that good for me, did not even finish it.

Dead Space 3, as a survival-horror game, doesn't really deliver. If you can just take it as a video game though, it is awesome. It's like a crappy Syfy movie storywise. I played it couch co-op with two tv's, two PS3's, and two copies of the game. An amazing experience.
Bloodborne: https://www.youtube.com/PraiseTheHunt
Bedlam Video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthYLU5wCVu2MdhqTFlj3RQ
(edited 2 weeks ago)

lightningxiii-2
2 weeks ago#58
Welcome to the horror board @GMFrq
Horror fans can discuss horror games here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/1482-horror-games

GMFrq
2 weeks ago#59
Welcome to the horror board @GMFrq

Thank you, it IS my favorite genre
Escaping reality since c. 1986

lightningxiii-2
2 weeks ago#60
GMFrq posted...
Thank you, it IS my favorite genre

It is my favorite too. It hasn't always been like this, though!
(edited 2 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Horror Games
  3. What is your favorite horror game/series?