• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. ImgTC Development
  3. GFaqs has native image hosting now, RIP ImgTC

User Info: Oliver_Oliver

Oliver_Oliver
2 months ago#11
quintonshark163 posted...
SeamusOHassey posted...
:(

This sucks. I had a lot of cool gifs that I used on GF that were on imgtc. I hope it comes back.

Same, alongside images

This situation isn't looking good. It's been almost THREE weeks since imgtc went down and almost three weeks of radio silence from the person who runs imgtc and the website is still currently down. This might be a permanent thing, especially if next month hits and the website is still down.
Confidence? It's nothing but an illusion.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Trickfinger

Trickfinger
2 months ago#12
SavageGlum100 posted...

The fact that images stored on Gamefaqs have a limited life span makes the Gamefaqs image hosting useless.

That's cute but 90% of the pics here are useless ways to shoot the s***. So mostly everyone will be using this.

Lol at conflating this feature with the likes of a dedicated image hosting website.
I survived reading guys like you

User Info: zzeennoolloo

zzeennoolloo
2 months ago#13
Trickfinger posted...
SavageGlum100 posted...

The fact that images stored on Gamefaqs have a limited life span makes the Gamefaqs image hosting useless.

That's cute but 90% of the pics here are useless ways to shoot the s***. So mostly everyone will be using this.

Lol at conflating this feature with the likes of a dedicated image hosting website.

That's cute but most people aren't big fans of their images having a limited life span and later being erased due to lack of storage.
A very large percentage of people (a hell of a lot more than 10%) aren't going to use Gamefaqs image hosting because of this.
Creator of the most talked about 500 post topic on the Wii U board, the most populated board on Gamefaqs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/72708411

User Info: Trickfinger

Trickfinger
2 months ago#14
Trickfinger posted...
SavageGlum100 posted...

I survived reading guys like you
(message deleted)

User Info: Oliver_Oliver

Oliver_Oliver
2 months ago#16
zzeennoolloo posted...

That's cute but most people aren't big fans of their images having a limited life span and later being erased due to lack of storage.
A very large percentage of people (a hell of a lot more than 10%) aren't going to use Gamefaqs image hosting because of this.
Confidence? It's nothing but an illusion.
(edited 2 months ago)
How do i upload images besides Imgur and gif sites?
FC: 4554-0551-0272 | IGN: TheHungryBox
The Offical Kommo-o of Smash Bros. boards + Ganondorf and Daisy main. The corporations are stupid and corrupted AF

User Info: LinkPizza

LinkPizza
1 month ago#18
quintonshark163 posted...
How do i upload images besides Imgur and gif sites?

With the new system, I think there's like a picture button or something to upload images. Should be right above the text block. The button furthest to the right... I think... I don't use the new system...
Official King of Kings
Switch FC: 7216-4417-4511 Add Me because I'll probably add you. I'm probably the LinkPizza you'll see around.

User Info: Grey_Locus

Grey_Locus
1 month ago#19
SavageGlum100 posted...
The fact that images stored on Gamefaqs have a limited life span makes the Gamefaqs image hosting useless. I want to keep images for MANY years, not have them erased after 3 months or 1 year or whatever time limit they have. I'd rather use imgur (and I don't like imgur, but at least everything on imgur is secure and I have images on my imgur account that have lasted many years).
Point I'm trying to make here is: YES, there is a need for imgtc to come back (especially if the accounts with images in them are recoverable).

Imgur sometimes deletes images that are not viewed for six months.

No hosting service is really free, somebody always has to pay for it. Either it's advertisers, other users with premium accounts, or investors who hope to one day have one of the former two.
Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
  1. Boards
  2. ImgTC Development
  3. GFaqs has native image hosting now, RIP ImgTC
  • Post New Message