• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: LinkPizza

LinkPizza
1 month ago#91
kidbu3 posted...
the owner is a real coward and just f***ed over thousands of users. may imgtc forever rest in pepperonis and the owner can go to hell

Or just tired... I mean, he has to keep fixing it. And all that will happen is more CP or DDOS strikes. And with CP, it could possibly land him in trouble... So if he is afraid, then he would have good reason...
Official King of Kings
Switch FC: 7216-4417-4511 Add Me because I'll probably add you. I'm probably the LinkPizza you'll see around.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
1 month ago#92
kidbu3 posted...
the owner is a real coward and just f***ed over thousands of users. may imgtc forever rest in pepperonis and the owner can go to hell

One would have to be pretty stupid to rely on a free internet site to store all their precious images without having their own backups.
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

User Info: zzeennoolloo

zzeennoolloo
1 month ago#93
LinkPizza posted...

Or just tired... I mean, he has to keep fixing it. And all that will happen is more CP or DDOS strikes. And with CP, it could possibly land him in trouble... So if he is afraid, then he would have good reason...

Honestly, I wouldn't blame him at all if he is tired of having to deal with all of the attacks. The last time he fixed the website he made an announcement he had set up some extra security features in hopes that the site going down and everyone's accounts being erased would never happen again. Considering the website went down again (and it might be permanent this time) that means someone drastically went out of their way to spend tons and tons of time to break through whatever extra security the creator of imgtc set up, which is insane.

You figure the attacker would be spending all that time on something productive like trying to make money (sell stuff on ebay, get a part time job, etc) or something relaxing like a hobby (play a video game, read a comic, etc) or work on themselves (hit the gym, get an extra college degree, etc) or something that can actually help other people (use their computer skills to make an educational program or something). Instead, the attacker decides to spend tons of time using highly illegal CP images and DDOS attack tactics and whatever else to attack an image hosting website. That is stupidity at the highest level as well as being an insult to humanity in so many ways.

I guess imgtc coming back depends on whether or not everyone's accounts and images stored on their accounts are recoverable or not. But even then, it's a guarantee that imgtc is just going to get attacked again and again and again because whoever is attacking the site is a CP addicted sicko using DDOS tactics who won't stop attacking because they have such a miserable life they need to make everyone else's life miserable.

With that said, the creator of imgtc is probably tired of all of this and I don't blame him. Also, the legalities of all of this (someone using CP to attack the website) are indeed scary to the point where I don't blame him if he doesn't want to deal with this anymore. I really enjoyed having my account on imgtc and enjoyed posting images from my imgtc account on to Gamefaqs. I hope imgtc returns, but if the owner doesn't want to or can't because the site in not fixable and is permanently broken after the last attack, I understand since I wouldn't want to deal with all of those types of attacks either.
Creator of the most talked about 500 post topic on the Wii U board, the most populated board on Gamefaqs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/72708411
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
1 month ago#94
zzeennoolloo posted...
I guess imgtc coming back depends on whether or not everyone's accounts and images stored on their accounts are recoverable or not.

I highly doubt that'll be a huge factor for people. The site survived that once before.

Honestly I feel like we might even be jumping the gun a bit about even assuming it was an attack of some sort - DDOS, CP, or anything else. At no point had we had word from the ownner; for all we know, it's down for some unrelated reason. Hell, he might not even be aware.

It would be nice if we had any sort of contact with the dude.
My Social Server, Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/emd
My PMD Rescue Server: https://discord.gg/E57gMQq
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: RingoBell

RingoBell
1 month ago#95
I get it, it sucks to lose any service once you've grown used to it.

However, having used GFAQs for over 20 years, the vast majority of that time without any image support of any kind, I have trouble relating to the cries of "it's the end of the world".
Ya know, one of these days I'm gonna think of something to put here...

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
1 month ago#96
Yeah I get where you're coming from. I have an image host I already use more often than ImgTC - it doesn't embed here (and no, it's a sort of private thing), but it's certainly more reliable if nothing else.

Not that I really care about the embedding. I use Discord far more often than here anyhow. I just like simplicity (easy to use, no ad bloat) and having URL uploads, that's about all I need.
My Social Server, Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/emd
My PMD Rescue Server: https://discord.gg/E57gMQq

User Info: Relinquished

Relinquished
1 month ago#97
RingoBell posted...
I get it, it sucks to lose any service once you've grown used to it.

However, having used GFAQs for over 20 years, the vast majority of that time without any image support of any kind, I have trouble relating to the cries of "it's the end of the world".

banned
Everybody 1) is a genius, 2) is an alt, and 3) has bad taste.

User Info: AquariumGravel

AquariumGravel
1 month ago#98
Imgur blows.

Was it ever this radio silent? Hope our suspicions aren’t correct.
"Hey Hey Hey!"
PM me if you wanna sprite winter spiced cranberry

User Info: BarbaricAvatar

BarbaricAvatar
1 month ago#99
I agree with the Imgur being s*** sentiment. There is ImgBB now for direct linking, but that will be susceptible to the same vulnerabilities to attack that ImgTC suffered.
If you ran the world, it would probably be on fire right now.

User Info: Shablagoo

Shablagoo
1 month ago#100
^testing imgBB

https://ibb.co/7C8t7LC

e: Someone should let SBAllen know about this site. He said they are open to allowing embedding from other sites.
"Bond, you can't just blame everything bad in the world on the government" -wiiking96
"why cant I?" -Bond_543
(edited 1 month ago)
  • Post New Message